The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Worship the Quick Claw!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worship the Quick Claw!
The Jazz
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2519

Rate Member
posted 01-23-2002 06:24 PM      Profile for The Jazz   Email The Jazz      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The proper name is quick claw, right? I know it's called p.claw on the old doodie 80% translated ROM...

Anyways! Everyone loves the power of surprise, right? And what is more surprising than having just used amnesia a few times, only to have that Smeargle suddenly spore you before you can say "Man that quick claw is so cool?"

Also, on a similar vein, anyone out there battling with MIRC, is it just me, or is the quick claw bugged so it makes you go first Absolutely Every Single Time??? Maybe I just had a lot of luck in a row... Hmm.

Anyways! Quick claw on something with thunder wave, stun spore, etc., that isn't already fast, can be an absolute wonder. You go first, paralyze. Then you don't need to worry about having a slow poke anymore! They switch in a jolteon to kill your slowbro (or whatever), you're out of options? Try to get off an amnesia before you get hit. Or whatever move you use, it can save your buttocks a lot.

I think quick claw should become almost (notice I do say ALMOST) as popular as leftovers. Please disagree with me! This is my first post, I want a good debate!

'Course if I'm just too darn great to disagree with, that's fine too.

< <----look, it's hitmontop! Let's GUST it to death!

- - - - -
Gotta have more cowbell!

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2002 07:45 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quick Claw suxxors.
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2002 07:57 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My main use for the Quick Claw is to stick it on my Curse/Explosion Golem. Otherwise, I stick with Lefties or the Miracleberry.

And Steelers > Patriots.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2002 08:05 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What the man says is true. Quick Claw is god on the right pokemon. I've always thought Quick Claw was excellent on snorlax. It turns out it's also great on smeargle (for spore, destiny bond, and other fun) and it makes poliwrath a powerhouse. I use Surf/Dynamic Punch/Sleep Talk/Rest and it ownz everything short of starmie, slowbro, and possibly jumpluff. just try it out if you doubt the claw. DR. CLAW!!!! GOOOOooooo GaDgEt!!!!!!

- - - - -
"All because of your no-good, dirty, rotten, pig-stealing grandfather!" - Just when we thought the Disney Channel's writers couldn't get any worse...

psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2002 08:37 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm, What whould happen if you attacked frist b/c of quick claw but the move you used was counter or mirror coat?

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

David Akihabara
Farting Nudist
Member # 2367

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2002 09:15 PM      Profile for David Akihabara   Email David Akihabara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by psykloak1:
Hmm, What whould happen if you attacked frist b/c of quick claw but the move you used was counter or mirror coat?

I don't think that will happen- counterattacking moves always go 2nd, Quick Claw or not.

- - - - -
Fortes Fortuna Jurat

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2002 09:23 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
23.4% chance of working. Enough said. And, it disrupts recovery cycles.
From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2002 10:36 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Parasect + Quick Claw = Tons o' Fun
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 02:58 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Parasect + BP'd Agility = More fun.
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 09:58 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ANYTHING + BP'd Agility = Fun
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 01-24-2002 10:59 AM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Parasect + Sub + leftovers + BP Agility = Nearly Unstoppable

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
FireMagmar
Farting Nudist
Member # 2238

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 01:18 PM      Profile for FireMagmar   Email FireMagmar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gyarados+BP'ed Agility+HP Ground=BOOM.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 03:08 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But doesn't quick claw only work like about 10% of the time?

- - - - -
"The internet is a glimpse of how rude people will be in the future" -Olly

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 04:38 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tghost:
23.4% chance of working. Enough said.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 05:28 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really? That good a chance of quick claw working? I sure wouldn't of thunk it, guess that explains why Ash's Snorlax got the go first a few times in a row and I felt the game was cheating or somethin...

- - - - -
"Yeah! And if ya think turnin down the lights on a date helps ya get some, think how dark it will be when there's no light, anywhere forever! That's what the vacuum can do!" -Sifl on the Precious Roy Black Hole Vacuum Cleaner...

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 05:59 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyranitar + BP'd Agility + BP'd Swords Dandce + BP'd Barrier + BP'd Growth + BP'd Amnesia + Sub + Scope Lens = .....
From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
[Articuno]
Farting Nudist
Member # 2454

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 06:33 PM      Profile for [Articuno]   Email [Articuno]   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jolt135:
Tyranitar + BP'd Agility + BP'd Swords Dandce + BP'd Barrier + BP'd Growth + BP'd Amnesia + Sub + Scope Lens = .....

Scizor (Agility, SD) to

Vaporeon (Acid Armor) to

what BP's Growth???

Girafarig (Amnesia) to

Umbreon (Sub) to

Tyranitar

And Quick Claw helps a lot, sometimes.

- - - - -
All I wanted was to make the world a better place...and make shitloads of money

From: Seafoam Islands, RBY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 08:04 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by [Articuno]:
what BP's Growth???
Smeargle :P

Quick Claw still sucks.

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2002 11:36 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireMagmar:
Gyarados+BP'ed Agility+HP Ground=BOOM.

Zapdos + Gyarados = Zapdos

Rams > Steelers

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2002 03:23 AM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolt: Tyranitar + BP'd Agility + BP'd Swords Dandce + BP'd Barrier + BP'd Growth + BP'd Amnesia + Sub + Scope Lens = .....

Or...

Tyranitar + AP boost + Sub + Scope Lens = a lot less work

From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2002 08:08 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sub + Tyranitar = illegal unless passed.

Tyranitar + Machamp = Machamp.

I repeat: Steelers > all.

FireBlast
Farting Nudist
Member # 2466

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2002 07:23 AM      Profile for FireBlast   Author's Homepage   Email FireBlast   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quick Claw is cool ;.;
The Jazz
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2519

Rate Member
posted 01-29-2002 07:38 PM      Profile for The Jazz   Email The Jazz      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
::braces self for outcry::

Quick Claw Exploding Gengar!

. . . It Works!

- - - - -
Gotta have more cowbell!

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2002 08:34 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lvl 5 Koffing (or Gastly) + Destiny Bond (beats Explosion, hands down) + Quick Claw + Luck = Shamage.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.