The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Cycle V 2.0

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cycle V 2.0
Duolivous
Farting Nudist
Member # 2030

Member Rated:
posted 01-21-2002 05:30 PM      Profile for Duolivous   Author's Homepage   Email Duolivous   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's been about 10 days since the last post in my other topic so I decided to post the most updated version of my team.

Xenon
Espeon
Brightpowder
Psychic
Zap Cannon
Morning Sun
Double Team

I'll restate all the strategies for all of my guys again. First I Double Team or Zap Cannon until paralyzed. Then I Psychic, Zap, and Morning Sun when needed. Very basic concept.

Leviathan
Feraligatr
Mint Berry
Surf
Ancientpower
Roar
Rest

I took away Surf, Slash, and Scope Lens and added Earthquake, Ancientpower, and a Mint Berry. The only problem here is that I lose the only Water type attack. That could pose a major problem.

[EDIT] Changed Curse and Earthquake to Surf and Roar. Thanks Random Loser.

Nagend
Entei
Leftovers
Hyper Beam
Return
Psych Up
Swagger

Here comes the flames. I know...Hyper Beam? I decided to use it to see if it could be a decent finisher. It only works if I am faster than my opponent or they can't have a Sub up when I am slower than them. It is a real basic idea again. I Swagger, Psych Up, Return, and Hyper Beam for a finisher (if needed). I did lose my only Fire attack when I put on Hyper Beam so I might switch back. I will do some testing and make up my mind later. BTW, I do realize that Hyper Beam works differently than in RBY.

Babyface
Clefable
Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Body Slam
Shadow Ball
Moonlight

I finally gave Clefable a nickname and switched Psychic to Thunderbolt because of my horrible Water weakness. Further testing will prove if this is a decent set or not.

Dirlid
Golem
Brightpowder
Earthquake
Explosion
Curse
Rock Slide

Curse then use the appropriate attack. Unoriginal...I know.

Oin
Skarmory
Miracle Berry
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Whirlwind
Rest

Nothing to explain here really. I chose Mud-Slap over Double Team because it causes some damage and it lowers the opponent's accuracy. I also already had a Double Teamer.

[EDIT] Changed Mud-Slap to Rest. I might change it back after testing it out a bit. Again, thanks Random Loser.

This team has a couple major weaknesses. The biggest is the lack of special attackers. There are four that can effectively use special attacks and only two actually do. Another weakness is the weakness to Water. The last major weakness is that I don't have any attacks that will do damage to Steel types. Thanks in advance for any rates that this gets.

[EDIT] I would still love some more rates.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Duolivous ]

- - - - -
I need a new sig.

From: Someplace you've never heard of | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Drago Rohan Knight
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2529

Member Rated:
posted 01-22-2002 10:11 AM      Profile for Drago Rohan Knight   Email Drago Rohan Knight   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you have a psych upper you need a pokemon with Baton pass but it´s not necessary

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Drago Rohan Knight ]

Linkin2874
Farting Nudist
Member # 1501

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2002 12:50 PM      Profile for Linkin2874   Email Linkin2874   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Xenon
Espeon
Brightpowder
Psychic
Zap Cannon
Morning Sun
Double Team

Hidden Power Fire, Sunny Day, Morning Sun, and Psychic is good.

Leviathan
Feraligatr
Mint Berry
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Curse
Rest

Whatever. Works I guess.

Nagend
Entei
Leftovers
Hyper Beam
Return
Psych Up
Swagger

No. How about trying the weather set. Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, and a filler.

Babyface
Clefable
Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Body Slam
Shadow Ball
Moonlight

Nope. Curselax.

Dirlid
Golem
Brightpowder
Earthquake
Explosion
Curse
Rock Slide

Counter over Curse.

Oin
Skarmory
Miracle Berry
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Whirlwind
Mud-Slap

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

To sum it up your team sucks. Start all over because it is crap.

BTW, You don't need Baton Pass to make Psych Up a good move. It always sucks.

- - - - -
"This is not my life, this is not my home, this is not me, I hate this." This is Not: Static-X

From: Wakarusa, IN USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Noisy Phanpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 2394

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2002 03:17 PM      Profile for Noisy Phanpy   Email Noisy Phanpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

From: Ruins Of Alph | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Duolivous
Farting Nudist
Member # 2030

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2002 08:47 PM      Profile for Duolivous   Author's Homepage   Email Duolivous   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ya think I can get some real rates other than this crap? It would be greatly appreciated if a couple people would. Thanks.

- - - - -
I need a new sig.

From: Someplace you've never heard of | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2002 09:42 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Espeon: Zap Cannon is still shit, same as the last time you posted it.

Gatr: Too many other pokemon do the same thing... only better. I don't know about using him in the first place, but I suppose Roar, Surf, Earthquake, Rock Slide/Rest as a more utility type guy wouldn't be too bad...

Entei: You do realize that this is a fire type... on a team without a single fire move. At the least drop HB for Flamethrower. I'd also get rid of Swagger for Roar, but I've always thought the Swagger/Psyche combo was shit...

Clefable: Meh, I don't think it's nearly good enough to pull of a utility attacker role... I'd either go with the weather set (Fire/Solar/Sunny/Moon) or the BD set (Drum/BSlam/Shadow/Moon).

Golem: Whatever... it can blow up, so no worries.

Skar: No rest? Your call I suppose...

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.