The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » YAFRMT. Guess what the F stands for.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: YAFRMT. Guess what the F stands for.
Kid Vid2
I am a tub of earwax.
Member # 2514

Member Rated:
posted 01-18-2002 02:16 PM      Profile for Kid Vid2   Email Kid Vid2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I finally got around to picking up a Metallic (Crystal) a bit ago, and I think I've finally got a team.

Aerodactyl@Miracleberry
Earthquake
Wing Attack
AncientPower
Roar
--Rather standard sweeper, used as an opener to counter fast paralyzers. (cough*Jolteon*cough)

Clefable@Miracleberry
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Moonlight
--I could use a Standard Houndoom here, but I don't want to.

Scizor@Brightpowder
Steel Wing
Return
Bug HP
Swords Dance
--Most people use Scizor to Baton Pass, I don't. Why? Don't ask me.

Porygon2@Miracleberry
Tri Attack
Psychic
Conversion
Recover
--My favorite, also helps counter my team's glaring Fighting weakness, if I can get a Conversion in while they switch.

Lanturn@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder
Rain Dance
--It works.

Miltank@Miracleberry
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Milk Drink
Heal Bell
--Why Shadow Ball? No clue.

A Machamp could clean through my team rather easily. Other than the fact that I have too many Normal/Low Defense Pokemon, any suggestions?

- - - - -
Clecky: waiting for things while on acid is weird
Clecky: beccause
Clecky: i lost that train of thought

From: cardbord box :((((((((((((( | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 01-18-2002 03:53 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
kid vid, as in the old burger king guy?

btw, if you hate machamp, use an espeon, possibly over pory2. give clefable the frickin belly drum standard, use a different miltank, and maybe starmie over lanturn. if you redo it like this you can probably get better rates.

- - - - -
"All because of your no-good, dirty, rotten, pig-stealing grandfather!" - Just when we thought the Disney Channel's writers couldn't get any worse...

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 01-18-2002 04:24 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Aerodactyl is a good counter for jolteon, as it'll take more damage from a Jolteon's t-bolt than it can dish out against it using Earthquake... If you want to counter fast paralyzers how about... GLIGAR! he'dd do more damage with his stabbed Earthquake anyway, and is immune to the T-waves you dislike so much. But since his stats blow, I can see why you would be hesitant.

ALso, I've never heard of a normal pokemon as a good counter against fighting pokemon, even with Psychic. Expecially Porygon2, as he will likely be attacing second against all fighting pokemon except machamp. Maybe you should try a T-wave and Conversion2 combination on him: that way he paralyzes them, (he can probably survive a fighting attack) then converts to ghost, uses recover and then Psychics them to death, anyway, it seems like your best bet if you want to use him for that.

I'd put bodyslam over shadow ball, as Paralysis helps out in using milkdrink, psyche up over Earthquake is also option, as Milky's attack isn't too hot...

A big part of your team is weather related (CLefable and Lanturn). Remember that when you have to start up weather systems using slow pokemon (Clefable and Lanturn), the enemy get's two turns to attack you before you get a chance to do anything other that use sunny day or Rain Dance. Don't underestimate fast pokemon...

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-18-2002 07:36 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aerodactyl looks decent enough, however, he doesn't make the best lead. Maybe give Lanturn T-Wave and T-Bolt, and make that your lead.

Clefaggot's standard.

As for Scizor, I'd give him Lefties to get some HP back while Dancing.

As much as I'd like to say it, Porygon2 can't be a Fighting killer. The set looks decent, but maybe swap him for an Espeon or Alakazam.

See above for Lanturn comments.

As for the cow, Shadow Ball really doesn't do much UNLESS you have a Missy problem. If you do, Shadow Ball will work fine. Otherwise, I'd throw Earthquake on.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 01-18-2002 10:31 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KidVid2 as in, AGNP KV2? The fuck have you been?

Clefable, hmm, Houndoom really is the better choice for Sunny Day. If you want to use Clefable I'd be thinking about a Belly Drum-type moveset. Personally, I wouldn't risk using both weather moves on the same team. Drop either Lanturn or Clefable for something physical, probably a Snorlax with Counter considering that you don't really have anything to stop physical attackers.

Scizor doesn't need three attacks, IMHO he only needs one. That's why people use him to Baton Pass, Bugpower is the only attack he really needs and most of the time he's packing SD and Agility.

You might want to make a few other moveset changes. Drop Conversion on Porygon2 for Curse, it'll be more useful in the long run. You don't have any other Curse users, after all. Psyche Up on Miltank over one of the attacks, it works wonders against the huge numbers of Cursing GSbot users.

Overall, you've got a glaring physical problem and a distinct lack of staying power.. If you're worried about Fighting types, take an Alakazam with Psychic, Barrier, Counter and Recover. Also, it might be worth dropping Miltank for something else b/c you're not really taking advantage of Heal Bell, a more offensive Pokemon could help IMHO.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.