The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Rawr.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rawr.
Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 01-12-2002 12:43 AM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Venusaur@leftovers
sleep powder
giga drain
light screen
leech seed
Venusaur wasn't really made to attack, its mainly here to sleep, and provide a little support. Giga drain comes in handy for the odd grounder.

Moltres@leftovers/charcoal/scope lens
sunny day
fire blast
double-edge
agility

You know the drill. Comes in late, and kills everthing in sight. Agility allows me to get the first hit so tres cant be worn down easily.

Slowking@leftovers
surf
psychic
thunder wave
protect
Blah, provides par support, protect to try and block explosions n'stuff, can alsohelp with leftovers recoverage, and has 2 STAB attacks

Porygon2@leftovers
tri attack
ice beam
sharpen
recover
Ummm..yeah.I'm testing sharpen over curse, cause even thought porys speed sucks, it is always helpful to have the first strike. tri attack for the 20% chance of frz/brn/par

Rhydon@leftovers
earthquake
rock slide
counter
roar
Rhydon>You

Jolteon@leftovers
thunderbolt
thunder wave
substitute
attract/HP[water]
The HP is only 65, so, I'm not sure if I should ue it

Yeah, this is my GB team, be gentle

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

Noisy Phanpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 2394

Member Rated:
posted 01-12-2002 01:58 AM      Profile for Noisy Phanpy   Email Noisy Phanpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Silver_Persian:
Venusaur @Leftovers
>> Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Light Screen, Leech Seed
Venusaur wasn't really made to attack, its mainly here to sleep, and to provide a little support. Giga Drain comes in handy for the odd grounder.

When thinking about it.. it's rather nice, make them asleep and predict a switch. Just remember what's Miracleberry for.

Moltres @Leftovers/Charcoal/Scope Lens
>> Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Double-Edge, Agility
You know the drill. Comes in late, and kills everthing in sight. Agility allows me to get the first hit so tres cant be worn down easily.

Go for Leftovers. It's not a short setup, and it will supply back the damage that has been done by Double-Edge.

Slowking @Leftovers
>> Surf, Psychic, Thunder Wave, Protect
Blah, provides par support, protect to try and block explosions n'stuff, can also help with Leftovers recoverage, and has 2 STAB attacks.

Oh well, I guess.. I'm playing with the Item Clause but I'm not here to tell you why you should play with it too. I just have more respect to players who DO play with the Item Clause.

Porygon2 @Leftovers
>> Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Sharpen, Recover
Ummm.. yeah. I'm testing Sharpen over Curse, cause even thought porys speed sucks, it is always helpful to have the first strike. tri attack for the 20% chance of frz/brn/par.

Wouldn't you prefer to give it Psychic and Conversion2? use Coversion2 after a Machamp used Cross Chop, become a Psychic type, Recover, and then a STABbed Psychic (with resistant to Fighting!).

Rhydon @Leftovers
>> Earthquake, Rock Slide, Counter, Roar
Rhydon - You = -5000

It will only survive against Physical attackers, bring it in time. If you see a switch coming, use Roar. It might work.

Jolteon @Leftovers
>> Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Substitute, Attract/HP[Water]
The HP is only 65, so, I'm not sure if I should use it..

How about HP-Grass? I prefer it over HP-Water. In order to get a 70 power HP-Grass you need DV's of: 10/14, 10/14, 8+, 8+

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Noisy Phanpy ]

From: Ruins Of Alph | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-12-2002 02:23 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wouldn't you prefer to give it Psychic and Conversion2? use Coversion2 after a Machamp used Cross Chop, become a Psychic type, Recover, and then a STABbed Psychic (with resistant to Fighting!).
Wouldn't you become a ghost type?

And HP Grass gives you a low Hit Point DV. And 65 Water-power ain't too bad, considering its pretty close to the max (70)

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
The not so Oddish
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2422

Member Rated:
posted 01-12-2002 09:27 AM      Profile for The not so Oddish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only suggestion I could make would be to put razor leaf over giga drain on Venusaur. Sure the recovery is good and all but you all ready have leftovers + leech seed. The crit rate of razor leaf is no where near that of chromatics, but it can still help out. Either that or maybe a physical attack? Just my two cents.
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 01-13-2002 09:05 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Venusaur@leftovers
sleep powder
giga drain
light screen
leech seed
Venusaur wasn't really made to attack, its mainly here to sleep, and provide a little support. Giga drain comes in handy for the odd grounder.

I'd rather use Jumpluff if you want a Poke mainly for Sleeping. How about Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Stun Spore and Giga Drain?

sunny day
fire blast
double-edge
agility

Go with Charcoal, though personally I'd be BPing Agility to him and using that slot for Sub + Leftovers. I used to use Double Edge on mine, but the damage wasn't enough compared with a SD-enhanced Fire Blast.

Slowking@leftovers
surf
psychic
thunder wave
protect
Blah, provides par support, protect to try and block explosions n'stuff, can alsohelp with leftovers recoverage, and has 2 STAB attacks

Counter over Protect IMHO.

Porygon2@leftovers
tri attack
ice beam
sharpen
recover
Ummm..yeah.I'm testing sharpen over curse, cause even thought porys speed sucks, it is always helpful to have the first strike. tri attack for the 20% chance of frz/brn/par

Give it a go..but I think you'll find that Curse is the better option. Tri Attack rocks, but you might want a Mysteryberry over Leftovers (you've got enough recovery as is, and Tri Attack has crap PP).

Rhydon@leftovers
earthquake
rock slide
counter
roar
Rhydon>You

Eh. Fire Blast over Roar for Skarm and Scizor? I'm not sure how well the damage from its normal attacks would weigh up though, I haven't got my damage calc around.

Jolteon@leftovers
thunderbolt
thunder wave
substitute
attract/HP[water]

It's only a 7% reduction in power, I'd stick with it if you can't use Attract due to the thing being male.

Overall I can see Marowak hurting you badly, which is why I'd rather go with Jumpluff over Venusaur in order to force it to Rock Slide.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
FireMagmar
Farting Nudist
Member # 2238

Member Rated:
posted 01-14-2002 12:19 PM      Profile for FireMagmar   Email FireMagmar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Silver_Persian:
Venusaur@leftovers
sleep powder
giga drain
light screen
leech seed
Venusaur wasn't really made to attack, its mainly here to sleep, and provide a little support. Giga drain comes in handy for the odd grounder

sunny day
fire blast
double-edge
agility

Slowking@leftovers
surf
psychic
thunder wave
protect

Porygon2@leftovers
tri attack
ice beam
sharpen
recover

Rhydon@leftovers
earthquake
rock slide
counter
roar
Rhydon>You

Jolteon@leftovers
thunderbolt
thunder wave
substitute
attract/HP[water]

The only thing I have complaints on is Rhydon. Nobody will hit it with Physical Moves. Rhydon has only 188 SA, so FB won't OHKO the Steelers.

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 01-14-2002 01:24 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireMagmar:

The only thing I have complaints on is Rhydon. Nobody will hit it with Physical Moves. Rhydon has only 188 SA, so FB won't OHKO the Steelers.

SNORLAX used EARTHQUAKE!
HERACROSS used EARTHQUAKE!
MACHAMP used CROSS CHOP!

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.