The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Cycle V 1.0

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cycle V 1.0
Duolivous
Farting Nudist
Member # 2030

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2002 09:54 PM      Profile for Duolivous   Author's Homepage   Email Duolivous   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is my newest team. A couple rates would be nice. They are in the order that they appear on my team, so here it is.

Xenon--Espeon@Brightpowder(M)
Double Team
Zap Cannon
Psychic
Morning Sun

If the starter is a supporter I use DT. If not I use Zappy to paralyze. After that I use Psychic and Morning Sun until they are dead. This can have some sweeping power so I like it.

Clefable--Clefable@Leftovers(F)
Psychic
Return
Shadow Ball
Moonlight

Clefable is basically a backup for Espeon and is used against Missy. I think the set is pretty self-explanitory.

Nagend--Entei@Leftovers
Psych Up
Swagger
Return
Flamethrower

First I Swagger, then I Psych Up. Return is usually the only attack I use unless Flamethrower is really worth using. It usually isn't though.

Leviathan--Feraligatr@Mint Berry(M)
Surf
Earthquake
Rest
Curse

Curse up and then Rest. I am really considering replacing Earthquake with Slash because of Zapdos. Only because Zap is a standard on many teams now.

Dirlid--Golem@Brightpowder(F)
Earthquake
Explosion
Attract
Toxic

I was trying to be original with this set, but it really isn't that great. I would like some help, but I refuse to use a standard set so please don't even recommend it. The idea was to Toxic and Attract then Earthquake. Doesn't work too well against Flying types sadly. Help would be greatly appreciated with this gal even if it means switching to a different Pokemon.

Corbin--Aerodactyl@Sharp Beak(M)
Wing Attack
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Roar

Before you ask Sharp Beak does help this guy out a bunch. I think the set is pretty easy to understand.

Thanks in advance for the rates.

- - - - -
I need a new sig.

From: Someplace you've never heard of | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2002 10:18 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Espeon: I'd add BP somewhere to help the rest of the team... but where to put it is a question. Maybe over Zap Cannon.

Clefable: Belly Drum over Psychic if this is supposed to kill Missy. Send it in, Belly Drum when they Mean Look, Moonlight on the Perish Song, then Shadow Ball.

Entei: Standard SwaggerUp Entei.

Feraligatr: Zappy problem? Rock Slide or Ancientpower over Earthquake.

Golem: Female Golem? Whatever look you were going for, you missed. If you can get a male, do it.

Aerodactyl: Good enough.

Watch yourself; you've got a 3-way Water weakness (Golem's a W4). Any quick Water-type would have a field day.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 01-09-2002 09:51 AM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Espeon: Good. Attatch Miracleberry since it's starting. My advice is, since you don't have Reflect, make it a female if you can.

Clefable: If it's a female you shouldn't be using Physical moves. But it would be good since you'd need more Defense power than Attack if you're going to Belly Drum, which should go in place of Psychic. Or you could go for the standard Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Moonlight @Leftovers.

Entei: Standardish.

Feraligatr: On many teams? Zapdos is on nearly EVERY team, if not Raikou, they're about the only two Electric types I see. Anyway, if this is a Curser I think you might be able to do without Surf, but since you have no other Water backup you have to keep it. Earthquake is a solid attack and should be kept, but then again you have Aerodactyl for the real Rock backup, so keep the set. Or, you might want to switch this out for another Water type.

Golem: Make it a male. A male Attracter works on Blissey and Miltank, which are always there since they're about the only Heal Bellers and nearly every team has one. Blissey is about the #1 most overused Poké now. Damned #1 Survivability Rate...Also, Toxic is nice and all but it could fail and Golem is very slow, so you might want Rock Slide in place.

Aerodactyl: Standard.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Duolivous
Farting Nudist
Member # 2030

Member Rated:
posted 01-10-2002 07:05 PM      Profile for Duolivous   Author's Homepage   Email Duolivous   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is my revised gsbot team.

Double Team
Zap Cannon
Psychic
Morning Sun

No changes made yet.

Clefable--Clefable@Leftovers(M)
Psychic
Body Slam
Shadow Ball
Moonlight

Now a male. Also changed Return to Body Slam.

Nagend--Entei@Leftovers
Psych Up
Swagger
Return
Flamethrower

No changes.

Leviathan--Feraligatr@Scope Lens(M)
Surf
Slash
Rest
Curse

Earthquake is now Slash and Mint Berry is Scope Lens.

Dirlid--Golem@Brightpowder(M)
Earthquake
Explosion
Curse
Rock Slide

Now a male with Curse and Rock Slide instead of Toxic and Attract. I wanted to use Attract, but I don't know what DVs to give it to make a female. Should I keep Attract for Miltanks and Blisseys?

Wing Attack
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Roar

No Change.

So here is the somewhat revised team. Have at it. BTW, I wouldn't mind know what the DVs are so that I can make Golem a female. Thanks.

[EDIT] Changed Return to Body Slam on Clefable.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Duolivous ]

- - - - -
I need a new sig.

From: Someplace you've never heard of | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-10-2002 10:15 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Double Team
Zap Cannon
Psychic
Morning Sun

Like cmsnrub said, I'd put BP over Zap Cannon. Between Subs and Miracle Berries it's rarely going to be effective (not that a 50% move is very effective in the first place...).

Clefable--Clefable@Leftovers(M)
Psychic
Body Slam
Shadow Ball
Moonlight

I don't see much point in this, a Snorlax with the exact same set (Rest over Moonlight) would do the same thing only better. Again, I'd go with cmsnrub and put Belly Drum over Psychic, she just can't do much as a basic attacker. The Sunny Day set that Will suggested would also work better...

Nagend--Entei@Leftovers
Psych Up
Swagger
Return
Flamethrower

I prefer Roar over Swagger, but this is fine. Perhaps if you go with the Sunny Day set on Clefable, you could use Entei to complement with a Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Return, Solar Beam set, only problem being it would screw Gatr over..

Leviathan--Feraligatr@Scope Lens(M)
Surf
Slash
Rest
Curse

Slash? If you want a normal type attack use Return. I really wouldn't suggest using Gatr as a Curser at all, but if you do you should probably get rid of Surf and Return/Slash for EQ and Rock Slide. The best Gatr set is probably EQ, Roar, Rock Slide, Surf...

Dirlid--Golem@Brightpowder(M)
Earthquake
Explosion
Curse
Rock Slide

This looks pretty good, though I don't know that it really needs Curse...

Wing Attack
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Roar

Fine, Whirlwind's cooler than Roar though .

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.