The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Team to rate

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Team to rate
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2002 05:29 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snorlax @miracleberry
earthquake
fire blast
body slam
selfdestruct

Here to take out the first one, then blow up on the second one. Body slam if they decide they don't want me killing their lead, so I can paralyse. Are starting attracters really much of a problem anymore? If they are, this'll be female. I'm also considering:

F Snorlax @leftovers
curse
body slam
attract
rest

Paraatraction Curselax. If I decide to use it, Jolteon will start in its place. I could make it male for blissey/miltank, but most roarers are male (or genderless).

F Jolteon @leftovers
T-bolt
T-wave
attract
sub

Standard non-BP Jolteon

Kingdra @leftovers
curse
rest
double edge
surf

This team doesn't BP, and isn't meant to, so Gonk's DT + curse setup won't work. I've found this Kingdra to do pretty well on it's own though.

Skarmory @leftovers
curse
protect
drill peck
whirlwind

Getting kinda standard, but I needed a pseudo-hazer that wouldn't give me a double weakness (this team has none), and this worked. Thinking rest over protect, but I'm not sure.

Alakazam @miracleberry
psychic
recover
T-wave/encore
barrier/reflect/disable

Unfortunately, he can't get both encore and T-wave. Barrier Kazam is cool, and I'm leaning that way. T-wave would be for extra para support, which this team lacks, although encore is always fun. Disable is inaccurate, and they'll just switch if it works. Reflect if Primeape isn't good enough for pseudo-passing. Need help on this one.

Primeape @leftovers
cross chop
rock slide
psych-up/light screen
reflect

Psych up Primeape is helpful, but pseudo-passing is too. I'm not sure if he could survive pseudo-passing, but if he could, it would help the team. If I choose encore on kazam, I'll probably use light screen. Need help here too.

Overview: Not one double weakness, and only 10 teamwide. Each poke is meant to be able to work completely alone, but benefits from para support and pseudo-passing. I don't view a lack of BP as much of a problem, but if it is, tell me. If you want me to drop something, make sure it doesn't throw off the balance. Not having heal bell doesn't look like a huge problem, since paralysis doesn't hurt half of my team all that badly, and 2 are protected by sub or miracleberry. Primeape probably won't see any action against a T-waver, so that doesn't seem to be a huge problem.

Intelligent feedback is a good thing, so rate away.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: ThumbsOfSteel ]

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2002 01:53 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snorlax @miracleberry
earthquake
fire blast
body slam
double edge

I'm not seeing much point in having both Body Slam and DE, I'd rather go with Counter.

F Snorlax @leftovers
curse
body slam
attract
rest

Paraatraction Curselax. If I decide to use it, Jolteon will start in its place. I could make it male for blissey/miltank, but most roarers are male (or genderless).

Attract on Lax isn't a bad idea, actually. I'd probably go with this one given the choice. Thing is, you're open to Ghosts this way, but you've got Kazam so who really cares.

Kingdra @leftovers
curse
rest
double edge
surf

This team doesn't BP, and isn't meant to, so Gonk's DT + curse setup won't work. I've found this Kingdra to do pretty well on it's own though.

Meeh, personally I find that Kingdra needs both the DTs and Curse in order to really shine. I used that same setup when I had a BPing Celebi, but seeing as how special attackers appear to be coming back a bit into style I'd just feel a bit, well, naked without the Baton Passes. See how it goes, but personally I'd replace the thing.

Skarmory @leftovers
curse
protect
drill peck
whirlwind

Getting kinda standard, but I needed a pseudo-hazer that wouldn't give me a double weakness (this team has none), and this worked. Thinking rest over protect, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I was about to suggest Rest myself for drawn-out engagements. Besides, if you get them to switch b/c you're asleep, that can only be a good thing, right?

Alakazam @miracleberry
psychic
recover
T-wave/encore
barrier/reflect/disable

Unfortunately, he can't get both encore and T-wave. Barrier Kazam is cool, and I'm leaning that way. T-wave would be for extra para support, which this team lacks, although encore is always fun. Disable is inaccurate, and they'll just switch if it works. Reflect if Primeape isn't good enough for pseudo-passing. Need help on this one.

Personally I'd go with Counter and Barrier in the last two slots, I reccomended that set to Jumpman and he pwned me with it. It makes short work of, well, anything save for Crunch-equipped Tyranitar.

Make sure not to Barrier up too much though. Kazam's fast and able to Recover so as long as he's got enough HP left to take one hit you should try to maximise Counter damage for a one-hit kill. But hey, you knew that already.

Primeape @leftovers
cross chop
rock slide
psych-up/light screen
reflect

Psych up Primeape is helpful, but pseudo-passing is too. I'm not sure if he could survive pseudo-passing, but if he could, it would help the team. If I choose encore on kazam, I'll probably use light screen. Need help here too.

Here's one I haven't seen for a while. Take Psyche-Up and Light Screen over Reflect. Don't switch him in, send him in after a kill, then Psyche Up and let the fun begin (Not using Reflect will ensure the most protection, if you Psyche Up Curses while under Reflect you could be dumped back to 1 Def IIRC). Recovery would be nice, but I guess you can live without it if he's going to be your sweeper.

Plus, Light Screen covers for Skarm should you need to use him as your fighter.

Intelligent feedback is a good thing, so rate away.

Hope that helped.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2002 06:00 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Double edge should be selfdestruct. Crappy typos.

Also, on the bot, It said that he couldn't get either pseudo-passing move. If he can't, I have no idea what to put there. If he can, let's hope they fix the bot soon.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 01-10-2002 08:55 AM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he can't, definitly keep Psyche-up. I've found Thunderbolt to be quite helpful on Primeape in my expierence. Having the ability to attack in both mediums is really helpful.

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.