The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » SPNAK (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: SPNAK
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2002 02:39 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jesus, could you get more obvious?

Yes.

You're missing the point—in that you forgot to answer your own question.

Oh, I'm sorry. I was too busy trying to find the continuity in your posts to bother about continuity in mine.

We're talking about "whether Sleep Clause is blanket accepted in the online battling community, or not" (to use your words), not why or why it isn't so.

So, you're saying the whole point of this is a quick Yes or No? Well, then, Yes, Sleep Clause is blanket accepted, because it hardly ever comes up. The reason behind it is just as important and worthy of disscussion s the actual answer itself.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2002 02:42 AM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"We" refers to those who have actually posted here, E. But thanks anyway.

Besides, that's what I was talking about before everyone decided to attack me and accuse me of picking on people's typos, grammar, and making half-aased arguments.

From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2002 06:46 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I intended the "we" because I wasn not including myself anyways, smartass.

And what the hell is your problem? If you're treating them even half as hostile as you have me the past couple of days I can see why they're so quick to jump up and argue against you. -_-;;

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2002 12:55 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I apologize, E. I really do. This is coming from my reply to your post in the Suicude thread, which everyone mistook. Let me take the liberty to clear things up.

PB: As you can see, I'm still here. Aren't I pathetic? I can't even die by my own hand...

E: I find that to be a good thing.

Me: You could have phrased that differently, unless you actually intended to be an asshole.

I gonna go ahead and nitpick my own words this time. If one puts an emphasis on the word "intended," that gives my reply a sarcastic note:

“You should reword that, unless you intended to be an asshole.

I now see how easy it is to have added this emphasis, where I really wanted the word "asshole" to be emplasized. Like:

“You should reword that, unless you intended to be an asshole, instead of being compassionate to PB.”

That's more closely what I meant, and I hope you see the difference.

I also hope you see why I posted in the first place—the fact that you included PB saying "Aren't I pathetic?" at all in what you chose to quote from her post, and then went on to say "I find that to be a good thing" looked to me like you intended to include PB's saying that she was pathetic, which I felt that you could have done entirely without. That's what initially rubbed me the wrong way about your post, and I hope that this clears things up.

From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2002 10:30 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wrong topic to be telling me in, but oh well.

Why is the 1337 arrow purple now?

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2002 10:38 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.E:
Why is the 1337 arrow purple now?
What cfalcon wants, cfalcon gets...

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 01-13-2002 12:36 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CA: rofl. My god Jump, you're just digging yourself into a deeper hole as far as I'm concerned with a half assed argument like that. I see no more reason to post here. I'll just let the audience sit back and laugh.
:-*

I've said it before, and I'll say it again—you're gonna need evidence to support the claim that my argument is half-assed.

He has no evidence...

CA: "Um... fuck. I got verbally owned. Time to be ga- er feign superiority"

Might I direct CA to the name of this thread.

---

Might I note that even if Fanha didn't make any mention of Sleep Clause in GSBot, Sleep Clause would still be default. It's been that way since PBS, and through GSBot.

If you want to change it, then you need proper consent BEFORE the match.

my statement still stands that if you're willing to follow that crap instead of what you like you are indeed a pussy.

An Anarchist eh?

Sleep Clause has been around a great deal of time... it is created by default. The argument that created this thread between Jump and Strider^ was based on a difference of what people thought the rules are.

Obviously, people must agree to rules before the game starts, otherwise, such an argument will occur. And people cant just bust out a second Spore mid-game and scream "I DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH SLEEP CLAUSE GO FUCKING CRY YOU PUSSY NOOB" whenever they damn well please.

No. Rules exist for a reason - to bring order to chaos. There ARE default rules in the game - species clause, no illegal moves, etc. At some point among the life of the PBS, Sleep Clause joined that list.

It doesnt matter what you say - if you want to play a game without DEFAULT rules, you are going to have to confirm it with the other player, and have them agree. Same if you wanted to play without Species Clause - you cant just bust out a 2nd Mewtwo or a 2nd Snorlax in midgame, and expect the match to go along without a complaint.

Not because their "pussies" or they cant "handle" a 2nd pokemon of the same Species, but because it's a violation of the default rules.

Oh yes, and Jump debates like a true debater - vigorously, and with intelligence. What he does is the best way to win an argument - completely nullify the other debatee's arguments, and then support his own.

If you think it's wordy, or dumb, or too long, or whatever, then go stick in name-calling flamewars, and stay out of serious debates.

If you think it's lame, or cheap... you got pwned

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Charmeleon42 ]

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 01-13-2002 02:35 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Best thread ever.

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Strider Hiryu
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2497

posted 01-13-2002 06:38 PM      Profile for Strider Hiryu        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
O_O

Where do lamers like that dude come from?

Damn LoTR Strider wannabe fellows

I am Strider_Hiryu on gsbot, so f34r me

bai bai

- - - - -
-Strider

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 01-13-2002 07:03 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't you just love to hate Pokemon peoples from NZ? (Yes, I am aware I live there...)

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Strider Hiryu
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2497

posted 01-13-2002 08:46 PM      Profile for Strider Hiryu        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
STFU.

I am assuming your directing that at me, so you want to bring beef fool, I am close enough to you to come up to Aucks and give your little face a good crack.

Thank you.

- - - - -
-Strider

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 01-13-2002 08:53 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CA: "Um... fuck. I got verbally owned. Time to be ga- er feign superiority"

Might I direct CA to the name of this thread.

I was wondering when someone was going to call that.

Doesn't SC's lot refer to that as "The TGD Defense", where you state that you've won and then leave?

If you think it's wordy, or dumb, or too long, or whatever, then go stick in name-calling flamewars, and stay out of serious debates.

roffle lol i bet jumpman told u 2 post that

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.