The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Once again it's on...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Once again it's on...
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 04:27 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey guys. I'm back from University with a phat 56K connection and seemingly unlimited online time, so I'll be around a lot more.

Here's a team I've been using for GSbot recently. I put it together out of nowhere so that I'd be able to have a match with Lugistorm, and it's actually been working okay.

Jolteon: "Jolterror"
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Attract
Substitute
--- Leftovers

Killed another Jolteon today after getting two lucky first-strikes with Twave.

Moltres: "Daihawk"
Fire Blast
Sunny Day
Whirlwind
Substitute
--- Leftovers

Charcoal would be nice as well..when you're dealing with such ridiculous amounts of damage it's pretty useful. Oh well. Comes out late-game for hopeful OHKOs.

Umbreon: "Shadow"
Return
Curse
Baton Pass
Rest
--- Mint Berry

I couldn't think of any other name at the time. Might get given Leftovers or a Miracleberry, or ditched completely for a Snorlax (When I made this team I was under the impression that Lax was banned, as it should be).

Kingdra: "Tsunami"
Double Edge
Hydro Pump
Double Team
Rest
- Mint Berry/Mystic Drop

If it weren't for Umbreon I'd have given him Curse. Before I'd gotten Celebi banned the two of them used to sweep entire teams, just DT up then kill. Now it's the other way around, with Hydro Pump for errant Marowak.

Scizor: "Gold"
Prole Power
Swords Dance
Agility
Baton Pass
--- Leftovers

Guess the hidden power.

Marowak: "Invictus"
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Prole Power/Fire Blast.
--- Guess.

Meeh.

I'm sure you've all noted blantant use of Baton Pass and Prole Power on this team, as well as the lack of originality. Well, like I said, I hadn't played in six months and I made a team which I stuck with.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 04:32 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Give Kingdra Surf over Hydro pump. Since Kingdra will be in the battlefield for quite some time, its always nice to have plenty of PP to back it up.

And Welcome Back!

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Cesar ]

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 07:30 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gonk: Click here, then try to find Atlantic_Salmon or Corran_Horn sometime on IRC.

We've got to have a match.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 08:22 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cesar: Kingdra had Surf before, until I got sick of being pwned by Marowaks. It's main attack is DE in any case, Hydro Pump/Surf would only be whipped out every now and again.

cmsnrub25: I'm still in that? I pulled out weeks ago..better post that on the Sneakville boards instead of relying on people to get it around for me..

- - - - -

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 08:28 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolteon: Ok, people won't expect that as much now that jolt-wak combo has become so standard.

Moltres: Whirlwind and sub are almost necessary for the team, as this is your only pseudo-hazer, otherwise I'd recommend HP grass.

Umbreon: Nice, but you might try body slam over return for some extra para support. 2 BPers might not be a good thing, or it might win the game for you. See how it works, and if you don't need 2, drop one.

Kingdra: With all the stats you're passing it, surf should go over hydro pump for more PP. If you've gotten set up, marowak (or anything else, for that matter) shouldn't be much of a problem.

Scizor: One BPer for each sweeper? Seems like it might be a little much, but both your sweepers require different boosts, so give it a shot.

Marowak: I don't even need to rate this.

Overall: Nice. Only 2x weakness I see is to water, although a roaring flamethrower T-tar could cause some trouble, unless Kingdra or marowak happen to be out at the time. No heal bell or safeguard though, so use caution around stuff like Jumpluff, and you should be fine.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 10:44 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meh... not like it makes a huge difference, you've got Rest on Kingdra anyway... but if you're counting on the Curses B-Passed from Umbreon, Double-Edge could actually hurt you somewhat. If you don't set up DT in time, and you start firing away with Double-Edge, it could spell disaster. Heh, who am I kidding? I know you know what you're doing. Just a thought, Return/Frustration is a possibility over Double-Edge.
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 11:30 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CHaRiZaRd:
Just a thought, Return/Frustration is a possibility over Double-Edge.

That's quite a good point..I think Kingdra's suicided before. I guess it's only a 20% extra damage, but when you're dealing with something that will most likely have some insane staying power by the time it starts attacks..maybe it'd be worth it.

quote:
Originally posted by ThumbsOfSteel:
Nice, but you might try body slam over return for some extra para support.

Eh..if Umbreon's got enough time to be messing around with Body Slam for paralysis I'd prefer to have it powering up. Besides the prevalence of Heal Bell makes Body Slam nigh-on worthless IMHO.

quote:
If you've gotten set up, marowak (or anything else, for that matter) shouldn't be much of a problem.

That's why it's there, for when I'm not set up.

quote:
Scizor: One BPer for each sweeper? Seems like it might be a little much, but both your sweepers require different boosts, so give it a shot.

Yeah, probably. Once I get back into the swing of things I'll probably give him Fury Cutter/DT/SD/Rest or drop him for Skarmory/Snorlax. As it stands, he's more of a sweeper than anything, luring out the Fire attacker then cleaning up after its been taken care of.

quote:
Only 2x weakness I see is to water, although a roaring flamethrower T-tar could cause some trouble.

Roaring flamethrower Tyranitar? People actually use those?

Water is a bit of a problem, though if I'm somehow lucky enough to get an SD + Agility passed to Marowak enemy Kingdra won't matter much at all (and I've never seen Suicune to be anything other than a free kill).

quote:
No heal bell or safeguard though, so use caution around stuff like Jumpluff, and you should be fine.

Again, I didn't think people cared much for status changes because of how many Miltank there are these days. With any luck, the Substitutes will give me enough protection.

You know, it's nice to recieve intelligent feedback for a change. Almost every time I used to post my team I'd get hordes of idiots trying to get me to do all kinds of stupid things, like drop Double Team.

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.