The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Dewgong? It just might work

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dewgong? It just might work
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2002 09:34 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not too impressed with this guy's survivability (or his speed), but he does learn one hell of a kickass combo.

Encore and Disable.

Nothing special, Alakazam learns the same moveset. So what's the big deal?
There is one thing that sets them apart, something that very few pokemon learn that also learn encore.

A move to keep them in (whirlpool!). If you where to encore curse, then it would just switch, Making encore almost meaningless (for some pokes).

But I have thought of a moveset!:
Ice Beam/Surf/Perish Song/Icy Wind
Encore
Disable/Safeguard
Whirlpool

If your not too impressed with Disable's accuracy, then choose safeguard. It would protect you from sleep or any other status changer.

The first move is tough. You can go for a strong attack like Ice Beam and surf, but if the encore ends and the pokemon is faster then you, your in trouble.

Perish song could be a quick fix, but whirlpool can end before its done. And I've seen better movesets for PS

Icy Wind is the best choice IMO, since it lowers your opponents speed you can encore/disable/safeguard if you must before they get a move in.

Well, that's my idea. Now to test to see if it works ;.;

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2002 05:41 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm back from testing (1 battle ), he did pretty well too.

Although Disable has crappy accuarcy, it did pretty well. Leftovers is a must, and you need icy wind for the speed lowering effect. You can go with BP agility if you wish.

It doesn't matter what order you do it in, but if you slower then the opponent then its encore first and disable second. Don't make my stupid mistake

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2002 05:54 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still perfer my Sleeptalk/Ice beam/Body slam/Rest Dewgong.

(yeah, body slam sucks...)

I tried a Mewtwo with Disable once, didn't work out very well.
I don't like putting a move with 50% accuracy on my monster. :\

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 01-14-2002 02:27 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Horn Drill is pretty good on him

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.