The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » [Poll]: Heal Bell—Blissey or Milly?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [Poll]: Heal Bell—Blissey or Milly?
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2002 02:24 AM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, I've decided to drop Suicune from my team, as I've deemed him worthless. And I really wanna use Blissey in its place...but I already have a Heal Beller in Milly. But I've never actually had to *use* HB in my, like, seven battles on gsbot. So...could you guys please help me with a good Blissey set that doesn't have HB...

...or give me a good reason to drop it on Milly? My Milly currently has B-Slam/P-Up/HB/M-Drink. P-Up won me two of my ~seven battles, copying Scizor's B-Pass and even Lax's Curses to hang with it, and B-Slam has worked wonders for me, with its unchanged-from-RBY 1337 30% PAR rate. So I don't wanna change either of these moves. But I *keep* hearing about D-Punch, so if anyone could convince me to put it over H-Bell for a B-Slam/D-Punch/P-Up/M-Drink Milly, I'd be much obliged. Unless, of course, you feel that Milly makes the better HBer, in which case, I'd greatly appreciate a good HB Blissey set.

From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JolteonStorm
Farting Nudist
Member # 1774

posted 01-02-2002 04:33 AM      Profile for JolteonStorm   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonStorm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They each have their pros and cons as heal bellers. Blissey's longevity is sickening sometimes, allowing it to almost always be there for you to Heal Bell. However, it's low, and Blissey itself can be put to sleep before it can do anything. Miltank is fast, great stats, and can do a lot. I'd say Miltank was the better healer.

Anyway, there are a great deal of Blissey sets to use; Softboiled obviously is a must, T-Wave is pretty good. Maybe consider an elemental attack and Counter. Ice Beam works.

Oh, and Dynamicpunch sucks on Miltank. If you MUST get rid of Heal Bell on Miltank for Blissey, use Earthquake; it's much more reliable.

- - - - -
hi

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 01-02-2002 03:09 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I prefer Celebi to Heal Bell for me. It has 298 Defenses both, is as fast as Miltank and has considerable staying power as a Heal Beller. Also a very nice moveset:

Psychic, HP-Grass/Ancientpower, Recover, Heall Bell @Leftovers.

'Nuff said. Since Blissey seems to be the most common, IMO, you might want a Mimicer. Make sure your team has at least two T-Wavers and then Roar them out, Paralyzing half the team. Blissey has to use Heal Bell. You Mimic it. Your Poké has Heal Bell. No HBer needed.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Pokemaniac Will ]

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2002 03:36 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A couple Blissey sets I've used

@leftovers
T-wave
seismic toss
softboiled
minimise/fire blast/ice beam/attract

@leftovers
reflect/defense curl
counter
seismic toss
softboiled.

I'd prefer Miltank for heal bell, as it can't do much else. Miltank should not have Dynamicpunch. Earthquake is much more reliable.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
cHi-cHi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2385

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2002 05:30 PM      Profile for cHi-cHi   Email cHi-cHi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
try this one..

blissey:
substitute
counter
softboiled
seismictoss
@leftovers

needs testing but i heard that it can counter back the damage that it WOULD had tooken when the sub isnt around.so sub and try to counter machamps on the switch.if im wrong,bleh.

- - - - -
"behold my great ball dexterity!"
-juggler erwin

From: a cardboard box with the internet f00Lz..(o^_^o) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2002 09:45 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...that'd own if it was true...has anyone else heard of that working?
From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2002 09:49 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GRANBULL!! j/k

I'd take a Miltank, personally. It's got good speed, and can pull a really annoying Parattract.

Edit: Coding.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: cmsnrub25 ]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2002 11:06 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, Miltank has more longevity when it comes to physical attacks, but it can't absorb special shots NEARLY as well as Blissey. Also, it lacks Blissey's diverse TM Compatibility (as a TWaving Miltank would be WRONG, WRONG, WRONG).

Personally, I like Blissey more, but that's really because Chansey is my 2nd favorite Pokemon.

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

cHi-cHi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2385

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2002 08:01 PM      Profile for cHi-cHi   Email cHi-cHi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yep....my set works on gameboy but not the gsbot...fudge.

u sub, physical is switched in, and when they attack the sub, the countered damage is NOT by the sub hp but with the hp that it WOULD have taken..cool huh.

- - - - -
"behold my great ball dexterity!"
-juggler erwin

From: a cardboard box with the internet f00Lz..(o^_^o) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2002 04:51 AM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liek HB blissey, cause they are secksee

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.