The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » My Team Went BOOM!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Team Went BOOM!
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 01-01-2002 12:11 AM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep, another RMT. The point: GO BOOM!, hopefully wiping out the first 4-5, and then sweeping the hopefully few survivors with Zapdos.

Cloyster
Spikes, HP-Fire, Explosion, Curse @Miracleberry

Starter. HP-Fire is for Scizor and Forretressess and Skarmory. If it's something regular Cloyster Spikes and goes BOOM!

Snorlax
Curse, Selfdestruct, Earthquake, Shadow Ball @Leftovers

Curses up first. Earthquake and Shadow Ball are for everything that Snorlax is offensively weak too. Then it goes BOOM!

Steelix
Earthquake, Selfdestruct, Curse, Swagger@Leftovers

Curses up to either Earthquake or GO BOOM!

Exeggutor
Psychic, Curse, Explosion, Giga Drain @Leftovers

Psychic is to hit, Giga to recover and Curse is to raise power to GO BOOM AND EXPLODE!

Weezing
Sludge Bomb, Curse, Explosion, Haze @Miracleberry

Haze AND Curse? Haze is there in case I need it. Otherwise Curses to Sludge Bomb or GO BOOM!

Zapdos
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Drill Peck, Whirlwind @Leftovers

It doesn't GO BOOM!, but it sweeps after my five others have been detonated.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2002 12:34 AM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Surprisingly, Cloyster has pretty good stats with HP Fire...14 Atk. DV and 12 Def. DV...I still don't like it, but meh. I suggest Icy Wind or Protect over Curse.

I'd rather have Return and Counter over Earthquake and Shadow Ball, but meh.

Steelix can get Explosion. Stick that over Self-Destruct. The rest is good.

HP Water works pretty good on Eggy. HP Clause would suck if it was in effect, but I'd rather have HP Water over Curse on Eggy. Curse?...X-D

I'd take Destiny Bond over Explosion on this one. It'll still take out the opponent, but you're guaranteed to take it down. That way, you can put something over Curse, preferably Fire Blast or Thunder.

Since Zapdos is a sweeper, I prefer Thunderbolt/Drill Peck/Rest/Whirlwind @Miracle Berry. Miracle Berry because you might be PRZed and you don't have a HBer.

Meh, okay team. I had an all explosion team before, about a year ago...well, two years ago since it's now 2002 and I had it in January 2000...

Okay.

[Edit: I remember the team members of my explosion team. It was called "DeathWish" and it had Mew, Electrode, Gengar, Cloyster, Muk and Machamp. w00t.]

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Bowser ]

From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 01-01-2002 03:01 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cloyster: In what way would Protect be beneficial? This Cloyster is meant to come out and explode. Curse is there in case something has high Defenses and I'd need to raise Attack once or twice to OHKO it.

Snorlax: I just said those moves are for things Snorlax is offensively weak too. When I Curse up with Lax it'll be stronger attacks regularly but it was meant to go BOOM!

Steelix: I meant Explosion, since I originally was planing a Swagger/Psych Up Sudowoodo but decided against it, and forgot to change Selfdestruct to Explosion.

Exeggutor: Curse has a reason. I changed Giga Drain to Ancientpower since I found Giga Drain horribly weak. So Curse raises Anceintpower's power and then goes BOOM!

Weezing: Weezing is way too slow to get in a Destiny Bond when it needs it! It will be the opponent's turn by then, they can do something to stall, while you waste PP and then when you're out of DBs they finish you off. Anyway, since Weezing's attack is already ok I'll stick Flamethrower instead of Curse.

Zapdos: T-Wave is in case they save a real heavy-hitter for the last spot. I'm going to change WW to a MintyRest though. Why Miracleberry? I can just Rest off the PRZ, and if there was Miracleberry Zapdos would be asleep and couldn't wake up while the last one or two Pokés do something horrible to it!

- - - - -

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2002 04:43 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doubt I'll have much (if anything) to add, but I'll give it a look...

Cloyster
Spikes, HP-Fire, Explosion, Curse @Miracleberry

I suppose Reflect really wouldn't help much, but that's the only other consideration I can think of... Looks good.

Snorlax
Curse, Selfdestruct, Earthquake, Shadow Ball @Leftovers

You might consider Belly Drum for a purely suicidal role, but this will definately work.

Steelix
Earthquake, Selfdestruct, Curse, Swagger@Leftovers

I don't know, I've never used him, but possibly consider putting Rock Slide or Restberry over Swagger.. Again though, what you have is fine.

Exeggutor
Psychic, Curse, Explosion, Ancient Power @Leftovers

Hmmm.. I don't see much opportunity in Ancient Power, by the time you curse up I doubt you'll have much extra time before you need to blow. My first thought was synth/moon, but both require breeding, so no go.. and Reflect really wouldn't help much. Perhaps just Sleep Powder or Stun Spore, AP just seems a waste of a slot to me. Meh, maybe I'm missing something.

Weezing
Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Explosion, Haze @Miracleberry

Perhaps Screech in place of one of the attacks, but this is fine.

Zapdos
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Drill Peck, Rest @Mint Berry

Yeah, definately a MintyRest if he's the last hope.

Not bad, perhaps post back with your successes/failures? I considered this once, but never got around to filling out the concept.

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 01-01-2002 05:01 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
About the ExeggCursetor. Just today I had a battle against a CurseLax. I brought out my ExeggCursetor, it Cursed up, blocking out the Return attacks. It attacked with heavy Ancientpowers. CurseLax then used it's MintyRest as it had only about 18% of it's hit points left. Having Weezing and Zapdos on the bench still, I knew what I could do. Then Exeggutor blew up in a huge Explosion, OHKOing the CurseLax's full 100% health, ending the game in my favor. So, my 'Boom Boom Selfdesruct Team' had a successful first run.

- - - - -

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2002 10:19 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Explosion team, eh? I did one of these in October, I think it was. It actually did better than all of my other teams, and was fun to use in the process.

Cloyster: Looks decent. A problem is the jolt-wak combo. If they pass a sub, HP fire could take a while to break it, and by that time you'd be dead.

Snorlax: I had fire blast, DE, counter, and selfdestruct. Was usually able to take out 2 or 3. Could also try curse, selfdestruct, shadow ball/DE, rest. Curse, attack, blow up when ready.

Steelix: I'd drop this for an Electrode with screech, HP water, T-bolt, Explosion, and lead with that. If not, try rock slide over swagger.

Eggy: Sleep powder over curse, and possibly leech seed over giga drain.

Weezing: Fire blast or flamethrower over curse. Also consider dropping it for a gengar with destiny bond, psychic/haze, T-bolt, sub. Weezing is a little slow for D-bond.

Zappy: Mintyrest over T-wave and possibly HP water/ice over whirlwind. You won't need it with haze.

Overall: Severe overuse of curse. Encore or a psych up would screw over your whole plan. My boom team didn't have a boosting move anywhere, although Trode had screech, and still managed to OHKO most of what it came up against.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.