The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » OK, here we go...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK, here we go...
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 07:48 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Murderer's Row, v 1.0

Theme: Like the '27 Yankees, everyone on this team hits with a 300+ (Special) Attack.

Some Pokemon have two items: The second is for Item Claused battles.

Zapdos:
~Thunderbolt
~Thunder Wave
~Drill Peck
~Whirlwind
@Leftovers

Basic Zappy, leads off and fires away. Whirlwind is for psuedo-haze (though Haze is infinitely better) and potential Parashuffle against IRC n00bs.

Rhydon:
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Rest
~Substitute
@Leftovers/Mint Berry

RBY standard Rhydon, who hasn't improved much. But did he need to? The item's a tossup between Lefties and the proletarian Mint Berry.

Machamp:
~Cross Chop
~Rock Slide
~Hidden Power (Bug 70)
~Light Screen
@Blackbelt

Every time I think Light Screen's worthless, it saves my butt in an important battle. Blackbelt for a OHKO on that fucking egg (you know who I'm talking about).

Flareon:
~Flamethrower
~Shadow Ball
~Double Team
~Rest
@Miracleberry

Annoyance/PP wasting Flareon. Not many people realize Shadow Ball has a Spec. Def down side effect, so a couple of those and Flamethrower starts racking up damage.

Octillery:
~Haze
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Return
@Quick Claw

My true Hazer. Octillery's a bit slow, but he's also my favorite Pokemon. Flareon and Alakazam (below) cover Fire needs, so I don't really need a Dontillery.

Alakazam:
~Psychic
~Reflect
~Recover
~Fire Punch
@Brightpowder

Bog standard Alakazam. Fire Punch fu><orz Scizors and Forrys.

There you go, rate away.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
JolteonG3
Farting Nudist
Member # 2146

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 08:35 PM      Profile for JolteonG3   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonG3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've always thought that Curse may have the potential to work on Flareon, but I've never really tested it out. It would definitely help Shadow Ball as well as Flareon's survivablilty to some degree. I'm just not sure if it would be able to set up. You might want to try it out. Sorry I couldn't give you a more in-depth rate.
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 08:45 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Flareon does have the Special Defence to somewhat survive Curse setup... I'll give it a shot. Thanks, Jolt.

Anyone else?

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-30-2001 08:54 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I second the Curse motion...with a vengance! Tha'ts about all I have to say.
From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2001 03:24 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After sleeping on it, I'm keeping DT. It rapes the current metagame so badly...

*sees everyone start to put 6 Hazers on their teams*

*runz*

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.