The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Not That The World Needs More...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not That The World Needs More...
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-28-2001 10:05 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, even I, Mr. Standardness, am making an underused team. My friend cHi-cHi inspired me to do this when she talked about her own, and I asked if she was using some in her underused team, namely most of these six, and then I realized that together they would make a strong team and I got the idea to make it! I got them together, slapped on a few extras and I got my final product here. So here it is.

Rapidash @Miracleberry
Flamethrower
Return
Reflect
Horn Drill
I'm using as my starter El Rapidashio. Horn Drill is there in case I need an OHKO like with CurseLax, but I'm not sure about it. A Fire type is a good starter for FORRETRESS and SCIZOR who always manage to SCREW ME with SPIKES and BATON PASS! I remembered once...the Spikes cost me the match. It would have had some HP left, but the Spikes did it in. And that Scizor and the T-Tar together when I had no Roarer or Hazer avalible swept the other 4.

Arbok @Leftovers
Sludge Bomb
Rock Slide
Glare
Curse
Glare is to to Paralyze as Curse is to raise Attack and Defense while the opponent is Paralyzed, therefore in most cases not losing Speed advantage.

Gligar @Leftovers
Earthquake
Wing Attack
Double Team
Rest
Gligar. D-T Rest basically and then use STABbed Earthquake and Wing Attacks.

Tangela @Mint Berry
HP-Grass
Body Slam
Amnesia
Rest
Erika must have SOME logic to using Tangela...right? Well, even if she doesn't I'm using Tangela! With it's nice Defense and Spc Atk I like it. So it's Speed isn't that good and Special Defense is...yeah, but Amnesia raises Special Defense and Body Slam is for the Speed issue. When I get this out of the way I'll use a STABbed HP-Grass which has 105 power for a very strong hit.

Magneton @Leftovers
Thunderbolt
HP-Water
Thunder Wave
Reflect
Self-explanitory. This is the most common set on an Electric type for the most part (I think) and works nicely with Magneton. I like high Spc Atk like with Magneton's.

Seaking @Mint Berry
Surf
Return
Haze
Rest
My Hazer is once again Water type. Surf if an essential for any Water types (Except for Kingler or Azumarill) and Return takes advatage of it's nice Attack power. Rest is to restore HP and continue Hazing up.

Edit: Fixed about a million typos there.

P.S: Before you say "Cool it with the Topics" this is my last one for a while, I'm going to just reply to the new ones that literally spring up overnight.

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: Pokemaniac Will ]

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 12-28-2001 10:18 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would just like to point out (as I used to do every time one of these got posted) that none of these are "underused". I figure they get about as much play as they should, and such teams as these are really shifting them enter the category of "overused", since any use at all of such as these is too much. That said, using nothing but overused trash like this is incredibly cheap and I wouldn't have a match against you unless you let me use my M2.

(NOTE: Ignore all of the above)

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-29-2001 02:42 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone? I'd like some suggestions before I test this on mIRC....

- - - - -

Mewtwo vs. Mew
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2417

Member Rated:
posted 12-29-2001 11:26 PM      Profile for Mewtwo vs. Mew   Email Mewtwo vs. Mew   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
good job pokemaniac will!

u may want 2 put equake over rock slide on arbok but thats just my opinion and u could make the magneton have RD and Thunder over tbolt and reflect

7/10

- - - - -
Current G/S/C Team:
Umbreon,Dragonite,Zapdos,Blissey,Heracross,Mr.Mime

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 12:49 AM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokemaniac Will:
Yes, even I, Mr. Standardness, am making an underused team. My friend cHi-cHi inspired me to do this when she talked about her own, and I asked if she was using some in her underused team, namely most of these six, and then I realized that together they would make a strong team and I got the idea to make it! I got them together, slapped on a few extras and I got my final product here. So here it is.

Rapidash @Miracleberry
Flamethrower
Return
Reflect
Horn Drill
I'm using as my starter El Rapidashio. Horn Drill is there in case I need an OHKO like with CurseLax, but I'm not sure about it. A Fire type is a good starter for FORRETRESS and SCIZOR who always manage to SCREW ME with SPIKES and BATON PASS! I remembered once...the Spikes cost me the match. It would have had some HP left, but the Spikes did it in. And that Scizor and the T-Tar together when I had no Roarer or Hazer avalible swept the other 4.

Hmm...never really used Rapidash. Looks good.

Arbok @Leftovers
Sludge Bomb
Rock Slide
Glare
Curse
Glare is to to Paralyze as Curse is to raise Attack and Defense while the opponent is Paralyzed, therefore in most cases not losing Speed advantage.

Cool, but getting set up may be a problem. Once you do, pwnage. Ignore the last post and keep Rock Slide, that way you haven't wasted all of that time just to be f*cked over by a lose Skarmory.

Gligar @Leftovers
Earthquake
Wing Attack
Double Team
Rest
Gligar. D-T Rest basically and then use STABbed Earthquake and Wing Attacks.

Gligar simply r0x. That is all.

Tangela @Mint Berry
HP-Grass
Body Slam
Amnesia
Rest
Erika must have SOME logic to using Tangela...right? Well, even if she doesn't I'm using Tangela! With it's nice Defense and Spc Atk I like it. So it's Speed isn't that good and Special Defense is...yeah, but Amnesia raises Special Defense and Body Slam is for the Speed issue. When I get this out of the way I'll use a STABbed HP-Grass which has 105 power for a very strong hit.

Hmm...Tangela's attack stat isn't what you would call usable. Pretty low. You could put Stun Spore over Body Slam, and maybe replace HP grass with something like Solar Beam? Sure, it takes two turns, but with the enemy paralyzed, and the three Amnesias up, nothings gonna be harming Tangela anytime soon, except maybe a stray Curselax or something.

Magneton @Leftovers
Thunderbolt
HP-Water
Thunder Wave
Reflect
Self-explanitory. This is the most common set on an Electric type for the most part (I think) and works nicely with Magneton. I like high Spc Atk like with Magneton's.

The only thing I can think of for this is to change HP water to HP ice simply because of your lack of defense against grass types, should Rapidash get taken down.

Seaking @Mint Berry
Surf
Return
Haze
Rest
My Hazer is once again Water type. Surf if an essential for any Water types (Except for Kingler or Azumarill) and Return takes advatage of it's nice Attack power. Rest is to restore HP and continue Hazing up.

Works as a Hazer. Good.

Edit: Fixed about a million typos there.

um u maed typos joo fux0r!

P.S: Before you say "Cool it with the Topics" this is my last one for a while, I'm going to just reply to the new ones that literally spring up overnight.

You really don't make too many topics that I can see. Besides, the other forums need something: Karp Park is taking over da world!

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: Mr. K ]

EDIT: Why did Mr. K edit my message?

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Mewone ]

From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 01:34 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mewone:
EDIT: Why did Mr. K edit my message?
Nice touch.. you probably should've changed the date as well so it didn't show up as being edited before you wrote it in the first place .

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-30-2001 04:04 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the minimum input, but my underused team officially blows against real teams. Gligar got eaten by a CurseLax and all my Physical attacks went down with it. By some miracle, Magneton got THREE, yes, THREE CH T-Bolts in a row, knocking out CurseLax while it was asleep, but a Blissey came out and finished Magneton off. It kept recovering with Softboiled, getting rid of Paralysis with Heal Bell so I couldn't keep damage on it or keep it Paralyzed. I quickly ran out of T-Bolts and it began to Counter the HP-Waters after doing minimal damage to my Magnet Trio with Ice Beam. I officially hate Blissey.

- - - - -

cHi-cHi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2385

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 07:05 PM      Profile for cHi-cHi   Email cHi-cHi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey i'll rate!o_o

rapidash - i would use a fun set like this:
substitute
attract/hypnosis
flamethrower
horn-drill
@miracle

arbok- if any poke's gonna curse, then you need rest.
try:curse/earthquake OR b.slam for par./rest/sludgebomb @mintyrest

gligar - hmm...i dunno about doubleteam. average trainers will switch to an ice type immediatly so try swagger or screech over that.

tangela -can it learn razor leaf?oh wellz, its fine.

magneton - u could go with hp-ice but its good.

seaking - good.u could replace something for horn drill if you want.

heh..i saw that match too..waz fun-ny.

- - - - -
"behold my great ball dexterity!"
-juggler erwin

From: a cardboard box with the internet f00Lz..(o^_^o) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-30-2001 08:48 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey! It was not funny!
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 10:11 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, since I've wasted space on your thread without adding anything to it, I suppose I'll go ahead and add my $0.02... not that it's likely to help you any .

Rapidash @Miracleberry
Flamethrower
Return
Reflect
Horn Drill

Not much else you can do here.. the only other things I've seen used on Dash are Agility/Stomp combos, and generally ineffective attempts at toxic/fire spin trapping. I suppose, given Dash's solid speed, you could even use Stomp without Agility, albeit losing significant power to Return; also, many common starters are faster than Dash. Meh, I'm not saying any of those are good ideas, just some other things to consider.

Arbok @Leftovers
Sludge Bomb
Rock Slide
Glare
Curse

Even with Glare (and keep in mind this is a 75% effective move...) I seriously doubt Kobra can handle a curse setup. I personally would drop Curse for EQ. Perhaps consider Haze, not to use him as a dedicated hazer, but just in case he happens to be out against something set-up or attempting to become so.

Gligar @Leftovers
Earthquake
Wing Attack
Double Team
Rest

Again, this is probably more setup than the little guy can handle. You seem to be largely applying advanced strategies... on pokemon that really don't have the lasting power to implement them. This would work fine in a format restricted to other such handicapped combatants, but if you intend to take them out against top notch teams they aren't going to stand a chance. Oftentimes the best "strategly" to use with these guys is just to come out with guns blazing and hope for a little luck (note your Magneton story). With Gligar I'd drop the DT/Rest and stick in Counter and then either Swagger, Screech, or Sandstorm as filler.

Tangela @Mint Berry
HP-Grass
Body Slam
Amnesia
Rest

Nice.. I'd like to stick in Stun Spore somewhere, but I suppose it really wouldn't fit. Other things I've seen are Stun Spore/Swagger combinations, and a nifty little Endure/Flail/Stun Spore/Swords Dance set. The latter probably wouldn't be that successful, but it'd sure as hell be fun to try...

Magneton @Leftovers
Thunderbolt
HP-Water
Thunder Wave
Reflect

Solid, always the other option is to go Rain Dance/Thunder over Reflect/Bolt, but you've probably got the better of the two.

Seaking @Mint Berry
Surf
Return
Haze
Rest

Sure.. only other thing I see here is the ever-present option to go full offense with Ice Beam over Rest (perhaps then combining Bok And King as situational hazers). Again, the ever present Endure/Flail combo, this time paired with Agility and something else (you'll notice I find that quirky combo to be infinitely satisfying if ever it works..).

Normally here I'd do something about team cohesion... but being a sucky-style team, I suppose all you can do is pray for the best.

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 10:36 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I know about my error Random Loser. Sadly, I tried to fix that, but edited the wrong edit. Did that make sense?
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-30-2001 11:42 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dash: Agillity/Stomp isn't really that good. I prefer being able to have a stronger Return because Stomp is pretty weak with lack of STAB. If only 308 was a bigger value...

Arbok: I suppose this is right. I'm going with Sludge Bomb/Earthquake/Glare/Haze.

Gligar: Yeah, that didn't work out so well. I'm going with Swagger/Earthquake/Wing Attack/Sludge Bomb. Counter won't work too well.

Tangela: I've already made a change from Body Slam to Stun Spore.

Magneton: Yeah, the Rain Dance takes too much to setup and I kind of need both T-Wave and Reflect.

Seaking: Seaking is meant as a Hazer, so if I bother with Agility/Endure/Flail/Surf set it won't work. Seaking has too low Spc Atk for an UnSTABed Ice Beam, and I kind of like Rest in case I need to keep a Hazer.

Thanks for all the input.

- - - - -

DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2002 05:32 PM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought you were never coming back. Guess I thought wrong.

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2002 05:45 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rapidash @Miracleberry
Flamethrower
Return
Reflect
Horn Drill

Good starter

Arbok @Leftovers
Sludge Bomb
Rock Slide
Glare
Curse

Great.

Gligar @Leftovers
Earthquake
Wing Attack
Double Team
Rest

Seems alright.

Tangela @Mint Berry
HP-Grass
Body Slam
Amnesia
Rest

Seems good. Nice work, except, if Tangela CAN learn Razor Leaf, consider it. It has a nice Critical Hit chance... But, if you just want sheer power, go with the Hidden Power...

Magneton @Leftovers
Thunderbolt
HP-Water
Thunder Wave
Reflect

This is alright, don't get me wrong, but, let me suggest this:

RainDance/Thunder/HP-Water/Reflect or Swagger or Somethin...

What ya do, make it rain, now, fire attacks will not hurt it as much due to it being steel type, plus, thunder has 99.6% accurary now, and, the power of HP-Water just boosted up 100%. You gotta build it this way dude, it's the most cres thing to do.

Seaking @Mint Berry
Surf
Return
Haze
Rest

Guess it's ok, but, I'm not Seaking expert/fan.

Overall: good, just do what I said to Magneton.

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 01-01-2002 06:31 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish Tangela could learn Razor Leaf, but sadly it can't.
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2002 10:37 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rapidash: Could try body slam over return for PAR, or body slam, attract/sunny day, reflect, flamethrower.

Arbok: Try haze over curse.

Gligar: He doesn't have the stats for DT-rest. Try either swagger + screech, or guillotine and screech/sandstorm/some other filler move.

Tangela: Give it a shot. you could try stun spore or sleep powder over body slam, but I think this would work if it can get set up.

Magneton: ok

Seaking: I would try endure, flail, agility, horn drill/surf.

Overall: This came as a surprise. You basically have 6 pokemon who just happen to be in the same place. As a team, they don't do much except pass along a reflect occasionally, but they don't have time to do much else. Underused teams don't generally get time to set up much, so just fire away. I can't see a whole lot you could do to have these work together, but it's still decent for an underused team. Beating normal teams with underused ones can be tough, but half the fun is making a team out of non-standards that can hold their own against a standard team. If you can't, then at least you're using the pokemon you want instead of letting the stats choose for you. Good luck.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.