The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Give me a kick in the booty

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Give me a kick in the booty
Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 01:51 PM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, I'm stuck in a rut with a useless set I have. This is my L100 aero set that I had created before I knew about the Subset due to the fact that I didn't (well I still don't) have a way to trade between carts of RBY and GSC.
Aero:
@Miracleberry
Wingattack
AncientP
Earthquake
Sandstorm

I need it for this weekend and I was wondering how can I make this decent. I was thinking Roar if he was a starter because I know that the opponent will bring in a batonpasser. I know this set is lacking due to it's abscence of Sub but I need this guy to battle with. I was also thinking about Fireblast (even with his poor SA...I know I'm desperate) and/or Rest.
Advice?
Thanx.

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Frogjedi ]

- - - - -
-"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

From: I'm filing. Oh yes I'm filing. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
NiMR0D
Farting Nudist
Member # 2204

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 03:06 PM      Profile for NiMR0D     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First of all, buy a gameshark . I don't really know what you could do with him without tradebacks, you might give him Double Team or something. Roar sounds good, i dunno what to replace it for though.
From: The Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
FireMagmar
Farting Nudist
Member # 2238

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 03:57 PM      Profile for FireMagmar   Email FireMagmar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Try this:

Substitute
Wing Attack
Ancientpower
Earthquake
@Miracleberry/Brightpowder

and, yeah, buy a Gameshark.

Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 04:10 PM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok first of all. I need a moveset that I can do in the next few days without a tradeback which means no Substitute. And Gameshark is just plain cheating. .

- - - - -
-"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 04:16 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Attract
Protect
Wing Attack
Ancientpower
@Leftovers

Just trying to be original...

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 05:20 PM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As a staller? It took me over a week just to raise a Female Aerodactyl only to realize I had severely lowered Aero's Attack stat . Really I don't think Aero makes a real good staller. Thanx for your input o_0. I am leaning towards this now:

@miracleberry
Ancientpower
Wingattack
Fireblast/Earthquake
Roar

I chose Fireblast because my team uses Sunnyday quite a bit. He might come in handy to break bping chains and such if I use him as a starter and switch him when ever a threat appears. If I get a SD Fireblast it should be able to 2HKO a Skarmony. I know this is kinda a lame strat but you gotta do what you gotta do.

- - - - -

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-26-2001 06:36 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That last set you said is very nice, Frogjedi. Take Earthquake, Fire Blast is horrible on something that has low Spc Atk. Sub isn't good on a starter Aerodactyl since a starter should have Miracleberry and it's probably a good idea to have Leftovers when Subbing.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 07:30 PM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you Willy. Welcome back to Azure.

- - - - -

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 08:00 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How about a just plain sweeper/psuedo hazer Aerodactyl? If you look at the damage, there isn't a whole lot Wing Attack can do better than Earthquake and Ancientpower, aside from killing off grass and bugs. I'd stick with this set, if you can obtain it:

Aerodactyl
@Scope Lens/Focus Band
-Earthquake
-Ancient Power
-Fire Blast
-Roar

-Mewone, once again pointing out the obvious.

From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 12-27-2001 12:25 PM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm......
I was testing this on Gsbot and it is working fine. This works fine as just a plain sweeper.

@Miracleberry
Wingattack
Ancient
Earthquake
Rest

I guess it depends on what I need.

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.