The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Hello, anyone?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello, anyone?
Noisy Phanpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 2394

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 12:34 AM      Profile for Noisy Phanpy   Email Noisy Phanpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
***Item Clause

Smeargle
Spore
Baton Pass
Growth
Spikes
@Miracleberry
Here's the main idea, with Spore it's protected, unless the opponent will switch, and what's Spikes for?
Now, either he wasted a turn on switching or it's asleep, which means I have time to Baton Pass Growth to little Azumarill!
Miracleberry heals Smeargle from a status change, I'm not going to let the opponent play in my own game! (even though I have 2 paralyzers, it's not much of a problem since I will use Smeargle once, and the opponent is going to wake up sooner or later).

Azumarill
Surf
Rest
Ice Beam
Amnesia
@Mint Berry
With 1 Growth, it's Spc.Atk is 297, sweet..
How about Amnesia? to try his luck with Ice Beam against Grass types, some extra Spcl.Def won't hurt.. if so, recovery is needed! Rest/Mint Berry combo, here I come!

Ampharos
Thunderbolt
Reflect
HP-Ice
Thunder Wave
@Brightpowder

Bellossom
Stun Spore
HP-Rock
Moonlight
Razor Leaf
@Scope Lens
Nice.. with Scope Lens attached Razor Leaf has 33.33% to strike with a C.H.

Espeon
HP-Water
Psychic
Reflect
Morning Sun
@Mysteryberry
The Sunny Day set isn't much of a bad idea, it might be rather effective. But there's still Azumarill for some attack disavntages (and while I am at it, Bellossom was meant to try it's luck against Fire types). Talking about Azumarill.. you can never know if that Growth will be passed to it, eventually. Therefore, it's good to have backup.

Ninetales
Substitute
Mimic
Roar
Flamethrower
@Leftovers
First use Substitute, now you're fully protected, with Leftovers regaining HP back.
After setting-up the Substitute, you can either use Roar, if the opponent isn't welcome (and taking advntage of Smeargle's Spikes).
Or I can just Mimic a move which has a certain use for Ninetales, while it's not harmed! I like this set.

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Noisy Phanpy ]

From: Ruins Of Alph | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-25-2001 03:41 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Smeargle: This is nice, I guess. You might want Amnesia over T-Wave or Spikes, because Azumarill's Spc Def is only average and it can be struck by Thunderbolt or ::Shudders:: Giga Drain.

Azumarill: Nice!

Ampharos: Standard.

Bellosom: Nice to see someone likes the Leaf-Lens combo instead of the weak Giga Drain! Since most players use a Sleep Clause this is very good.

Espeon: You're right about the needed part, since Psuedopassing only works for 3- turns. I say you should put a different HP over Fire. Something you can beat T-Tar with. I say Water in case you can't get that Growth to Azumarill.

Ninetales: I think you should put Reflect over Spite, it's not really a good move since it's not gonna exactly stop a Surfin' Suicune in it's tracks right away anyway.

Very good team, 9/10. Only some minor problems, nothing that couldn't be fixed. IMO, major problems is when 1 or more Pokémon direly need to be replaced.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 05:02 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noisy Phanpy:
With 1 Growth, it's Spc.Atk is 297, sweet...

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 09:35 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Smeargle
Spore
Baton Pass
Growth
Spikes

Yeah, good enough. Even if you don't pass to Azumarril, all the other pokes have at least one special attack on them

Azumarill
Surf
Rest
Ice Beam
Attract[F]
@Mint Berry

I tried to make him a Belly Drummer once, but even with that 403 HP, there is still something missing from him. If you want him to last longer, give it amnesia over attract, since almost every poke will get one hit in. You got to worry about the gender of the opponent, since almost all electrics and grass are female (or genderless).

Ampharos
Thunderbolt
Reflect
HP-Ice
Thunder Wave
@Brightpowder

Ok.

Bellossom
Stun Spore
HP-Rock
Moonlight
Razor Leaf
@Scope Lens

Nice. Attract would have worked better here then on Azumarril.

Espeon
HP-Fire
Psychic
Reflect
Morning Sun
@Mysteryberry

If this is the best for you, then fine.

Ninetales
Substitute
Spite
Roar
Flamethrower
@Leftovers

Can't have both sub and spite on Ninetails

[ 12-25-2001: Message edited by: Cesar ]

- - - - -
"Hey, if AH decides to go for a site upgrade, I'm available as a dependable worker drone/slave taskmaster. I supply my own whip."- Uiru

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-25-2001 09:55 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
::Whacks Cesar:: NineTALES.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Noisy Phanpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 2394

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 08:20 AM      Profile for Noisy Phanpy   Email Noisy Phanpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Changes:

Azumarill: Amnesia over Attract.

Espeon: HP-Water over Fire.

Ninetales: Mimic over Spite.

From: Ruins Of Alph | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-27-2001 02:26 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
since almost all electric and grass are female (or genderless).

The only Grass who's usually female is Jumpluff. Celebi is genderless. Vileplume, Victreebel, Bellossom, and Eggy usually have a physical attack, such as Explosion or Sludge Bomb.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.