The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Yes, I Am Back So What Are You Going To Do About It?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yes, I Am Back So What Are You Going To Do About It?
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-24-2001 06:41 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm back because I realized that annoying you guys is a heck of a lot more fun than going on the GB Station Forums with newbs. Ok, onto the dreaded post everyone loves to hate but always comes to rate. Heh, even rhymes.

Girafarig@Miracleberry
Amnesia
Agility
Baton Pass
Psychic
Kinda standard. Speeds up with Agility and uses Amnesia and then BPs to...

Marowak@Thick Club
Earthquake
HP-Bug
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Yes, another standard. Instead of JoltWak it's RigWak. I'd take 516 Spc Def to 258 any day.

Kangaskhan@Mint Berry
Body Slam
Earthquake
Counter
Rest
Counterkhan. Rest is to restore HP, Body Slam in case I need an attack for Paralysis and E-Quake is a solid move.

Charizard@Leftovers
Flamethrower
HP-Grass
Reflect
Roar
This is a new set I thought up. Reflect guards against Rock weakness and HP-Grass is there for backup against Water and Ground types with Rock Slide. Saved me against an Octillery once, in fact. Anyways, Roar is there because a Roarer is needed in every team.

Politoed@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam/Earthquake (A little help here)
Counter
Haze
My Hazer. Counter since it's Defense isn't that good, Leftovers is recovery cause I didn't really want a MintyRest here since I wanted another Attacking Attack, which is Ice Beam or Earthquake, which I can't choose. They both beat one main weakness but I'm not sure which to choose.

Raikou@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
HP-Grass
Reflect
Roar
A Raikou without Crunch?! Yes, it's true. I needed more Grass backup than just Charizard's HP Grass because it's not something I'd switch in when Rhydon is there. Well, I could if it's using Earthquake, but that's not besides the point. And since I don't use Grass types, and I wanted Roar and Reflect, and another Grass move, well, Crunch just doesn't fit in here. It only beats Psychic and Ghost, anyway and won't do that much more than T-Bolt.

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: Pokemaniac Will ]

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 07:13 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But, at least at GBStation you're among your own kind....
From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-24-2001 07:20 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Look who's talking, TGhost.

- - - - -

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 08:17 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, we are seeing who's talking: TGhost, one of the most innovative players I've ever seen. He's also a nice guy.

As opposed to you: Some guy who thinks just because he has the words "POKEMAN MASTR" on a piece of paper, that certifies him to be the authority on Pokemon.

And to answer your question. This is what I am going to do about it.

*points and laughs*

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-24-2001 08:38 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, we are seeing who's talking: TGhost, one of the most innovative players I've ever seen. He's also a nice guy.

Oh yeah, a nice guy will make fun of someone who didn't do anything to him. Yep, that's a real nice guy.

quote:
As opposed to you: Some guy who thinks just because he has the words "POKEMAN MASTR" on a piece of paper, that certifies him to be the authority on Pokemon.

Look, I don't know who you are but you think you know everything just because you try to be a bully. Big f-ing whoop, all right? You know nothing, and since everyone is behind oyu you automatically think that makes you right, popular opinion. But it doesn't, all right?

- - - - -

Jumpman16
Farting Nudist
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 08:57 PM      Profile for Jumpman16   Author's Homepage   Email Jumpman16   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol

- - - - -
A pile of dead Jews was hysterical because this one Jew was being so annoying, and because it made him whine so entertainingly.
—Our beloved Toby, on why anti-semitism is funny

From: Where they make Heinz® ketchup | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 09:08 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jumpman16:
lol

Kiseiju
Farting Nudist
Member # 2421

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 09:18 PM      Profile for Kiseiju     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two words of advice Will:

1. Watch out for encoring Jumpluff. It will consistently rape your BP'er and it's not an extremely uncommon starter. Other than that I might suggest using Return rather than Psychic if you run into a lot of low defense starters like Jumpluff and Jolteon.

2. Don't retaliate. Just go with the flow here Will. People may not like you now, but they might eventually if you don't bicker with them. Just take it in stride.

- - - - -
The strong take away from the weak, while the smart take away from the strong...

cHi-cHi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2385

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 10:46 PM      Profile for cHi-cHi   Email cHi-cHi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey give me a link to that "GBstation" site will ya?

anyways, good team.if your politoad takes earthquake give raikou hp-ice.

- - - - -
"behold my great ball dexterity!"
-juggler erwin

From: a cardboard box with the internet f00Lz..(o^_^o) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 12:11 AM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UR TEEM AM STANDRD AND NOT GUD. KTHXBYE.

Just kidding. Your team looks like it would do pretty well. I am not sure about Politoed's attack power, so can't help you there. I would put HP Ice or Water on Raikou.

- - - - -
w
h
a
t
s
u
p

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 01:20 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Topic: Yes, I Am Back So What Are You Going To Do About It?

Kill myself.

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Noisy Phanpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 2394

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 01:55 AM      Profile for Noisy Phanpy   Email Noisy Phanpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not back.. but I must say something:

Even if you hate Pokemaniac Will, if he's in the forums.. he's in the forums. I don't think that insulting him will make things any better, he made it clear for everyone.. he's back and he doesn't care if you dislike him.

However, Pokemaniac Will, try to control your anger, at the end you will only gain more respect and the people who insulted you will eventually feel bad, and might even apologize (if they have a reason to).
And also, try to avoid posting posts such as "These Pokemon have reasons to be Underused", it seems a bit off-topic, and un-professional. It's a game, and the programmers created these Pokemon, it's a fact.
What you're doing just encourages other members to dislike you and to show you that dislike, as well.

Conclusion:
Azurians, just post as you used to, nothing happened. No biggie..

Pokemaniac Will, avoid posting posts such as I mentioned above, and just ignore if someone is insulting you. You'll see it's only for the best.

I sound like Mother Nature, don't I?

[ 12-25-2001: Message edited by: Noisy Phanpy ]

From: Ruins Of Alph | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 03:59 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's also a nice guy.

Well, actually, not really. More your average sullen withdrawn teenager...and I don't come across nice at Pojo...but, that's Pojo for you.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 08:43 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh, you know what, if it really makes you that upset, I'll stop pointing out your flaws. Everyone knows I don't like to make too big a splash on messageboards.

Besides, even if I won't be pointing out your mistakes and overall attitude, everyone else will.

On the other hand, I have to say I don't see anything particularly wrong with this team. Just be warned that Tyranitar is getting to be a VERY popular starter, and T-Tars have this tendency to whoop Girafarig something fierce.

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

JY
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2445

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 09:40 AM      Profile for JY   Email JY   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You, Pokemaster Will are perhaps one of the most n00bish people I have ever read a post by.

-JY

- - - - -
JY am happeeeee now ^_^

From: The Biritsh Virgin Isles | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Noisy Phanpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 2394

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 01:22 PM      Profile for Noisy Phanpy   Email Noisy Phanpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah.. JY, you must have read very carefully what I wrote. Please, there's no point in this..
From: Ruins Of Alph | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
St George
Farting Nudist
Member # 1923

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 02:57 PM      Profile for St George   Email St George   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A.D.D. = Attention. Deficient. Disorder = Take your tablets when you get a blood rush, or better still, do something useful with the extra blood - get a girl friend not Clare the Computer ;-)

You sound like you have some stuff to share, use your knowledge wisely - some of your previous responses are lame and some are constructive. If you are seeking attention -do it elsewhere. Most people here give constructive criticism without personal attacks on the writer's knowledge.

One day, my kids, will know the math behind a complex code of binary and formulae - as long as they can still enjoy the game and visit sites like this in the future.

Hope this has helped - Regards (Truly),

St George

- - - - -
A.D.D. = Attention. Deficient. Disorder = Take your tablets when you get a blood rush, or better still, do something useful with the extra blood - get a girl friend, not Claris the Computer ;-)

From: Quensland Australia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-25-2001 03:13 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all input, but I would like a team rate, please, that's why I made this post. Anyway, I'll agree to stop being so defensive and arguing if you just back of a little bit. The "so what are you gonna do about it" and the part about bugging you was meant to be humorous, not hostile-like. I guess that was a mistake on my part.

[ 12-25-2001: Message edited by: Pokemaniac Will ]

- - - - -

Kezzman
Farting Nudist
Member # 2268

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 05:46 AM      Profile for Kezzman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Turns to gaping onlookers*

Eh heh, they're just messing around eh heh heh. They don't mean it.

lol really hard.

- - - - -
Sex is like opening a tin of Pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop.

From: I don't live or sleep anywhere. I just walk around streets late at night. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 05:13 PM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Common We're not all bad.

- - - - -
-"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

From: I'm filing. Oh yes I'm filing. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 05:58 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Girafarig
Rest over Psychic. Leaves you attackless, but I'd BP stat changes to the other Pokemon than try to attack with it.

Politoed
Ice Beam.

Raikou
Rest over Roar. I've found Crunch's Spcl. Def fall more useful than HP Grass. BTW, if you ever decide to compete in a tourney, most have an HP Clause (only one Pokemon with HP). I suggest you put Roar on Kangaskhan over Counter/Earthquake.

Your team has no HBer. HBers are pretty much mandatory on teams these days. I suggest Blissey over Politoed as you don't need two Roarers _and_ a Hazer. Sing|Filler/Ice Beam/Softboiled/Heal Bell @Leftovers.

From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-26-2001 06:25 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Your team has no HBer. HBers are pretty much mandatory on teams these days. I suggest Blissey over Politoed as you don't need two Roarers _and_ a Hazer. Sing|Filler/Ice Beam/Softboiled/Heal Bell @Leftovers.

Ok, there are a few problems. There are only four items, Granbull, Celebi, Miltank and Blissey. I don't like using Blissey as a Heal Beller because it has low Spc Atk and can't learn good RBY Tms (T-Wave, Counter, Reflect). Granbull has low stats and Miltank is way overused, it doesn't need more usage. That leaves Celebi, and if I used it I don't want to get any crap about Celebi being cheap so that's out. Also, Politoed is my only Water type, I can't have a team without Water, Fire and Electric types, and you shouldn't either. So I can't throw a Heal Beller on my team for these reasons.

Anyway, I can't leave Girafarig attackless, because as I'll be BPing he'll still be somewhere on my team and if it's my last one I'll be screwed.

I don't put more than one MintyRest on my teams. Leftovers is another story, but I'm not going to have more than one. Anyway, I put 2 Roarers and a Hazer on my team because you never know when two of these three could be picked off. If I only had those two I'd be screwed against anything, and I konw, I get stuck against something with Ancientpower Boosts a lot of times. So, I need all three.

- - - - -

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 08:40 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To quote a very, very unnewbieish group...

*locked*

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 09:02 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wtf u noob i kan still post!?!?!?

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-28-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, I made some edits on my team. I decided to give half of them the boot since RigWak never seems to work. Rig was always Paralyzed, Confused, Seeded, put to Sleep or SOMETHING, so I couldn't pass Wak the Agilities and Amnesiases. Also Kangaskhan got the boot. So, without further ado...

Mr. Mime @Miracleberry
Psychic
T-Bolt
T-Wave
Barrier
I decided to use a Psychic starter. T-Bolt is in there to surprise all of those people who use Cloyster to Spike. T-Wave is always good with average Speed.

Nidoking @Mint Berry
Earthquake
Amnesia
Curse
Rest
This is experimental. Kind of self-explanitory, really. Raise Defenses, Rest it off and use Earthquake. I'm going to try this out and see what you think, and if it sucks I'm going to use Earthquake, Flamethrower, Amnesia, Rest @Mint Berry.

Raikou @Leftovers
Thunderbolt
HP-Ice
Roar
Reflect
A standard Raikou.

Celebi @Miracleberry
Psychic
HP-Grass
Heal Bell
Recover
I'm not using my strategy because if I did I'd get a million 'You need a Heal Beller's, since I got them otherwise with my old team. HP-Grass is there for STAB and a Grass move.

Charizard @Leftovers
Flamethrower
Wing Attack
Roar
Reflect
I changed HP-Grass to Wing Attack because A) I don't want to be marked as "HP Freak" since I have a Celebi and B) I have a lack of Flying moves.

Politoed @Leftovers
Surf
Earthquake
Counter
Haze
The end already? Yep, same as last time.

- - - - -

Felixthecat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1647

Member Rated:
posted 12-29-2001 01:43 AM      Profile for Felixthecat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
::comes back after a week offline on vacation, checks the site, takes a deep breath::

::glances at the last few topics::

::explodes::

- - - - -
cursebuff, I choose you!

From: Portland, OR / Beloit, WI | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.