The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » I shouldn't have to tell you what this is

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I shouldn't have to tell you what this is
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 08:24 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Forretress @pink bow
protect
spikes
HP Ghost
explosion

Protect if I suspect a fire move. HP ghost to surprise the ghosts that switch in looking for an explosion.

Skarmory @leftovers
toxic
drill peck
whirlwind
protect

Toxic, drill peck to attack, protect to heal and buy time. Whirlwind + Spikes = Fun

Blissey @leftovers
Reflect
counter
softboiled
fire blast

PP Wasteage. Reflect to recover off damage more easily, after still countering back more than enough for the kill. Fire blast for Skarmorys, who are a problem for this team, being immune to both spikes and toxic.

Suicune @leftovers (Mint berry???)
curse
return
rest
roar

Atma's set. Curse makes this thing almost impossible to kill. Return to use the boosted attack, and roar for spikes. I'm considering mirror coat over it for the electrics, but I think roar fits the team better. Which one?

Umbreon @leftovers
toxic
mud slap
pursuit
moonlight

I posted this a while back. Toxic and mud slap, and when you think they'll switch, pursuit. Now if only he had better SA.

Tauros @leftovers
rest
sleep talk
double edge
earthquake

Variant of the Fish set. I think this is more reliable, plus i'm sick of people whining about how OHKOs are cheap.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 04:15 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyranitar is a popular starter.

Bangy screws over your Forry something' fierce.

You have no fighting moves to take Bangy down.

[Articuno]
Farting Nudist
Member # 2454

Member Rated:
posted 12-29-2001 08:58 PM      Profile for [Articuno]   Email [Articuno]   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Forretress
Curse over Protect

Skarmory
Ok, Rest over Protect if you wanted

Blissey
Reflect and Counter conflict, Ice Beam or Light Screen over Reflect

Suicune
They might be tempted to use special attacks, seeing as how you are using Curse, go with Mirror Coat over Roar

Umbreon
Go with the standard

Tauros
The set i use, works well with his huge attack and speed, OHKO's are cheap but i dont whine about em

- - - - -
All I wanted was to make the world a better place...and make shitloads of money

From: Seafoam Islands, RBY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-29-2001 09:06 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Reflect and Counter conflict, Ice Beam or Light Screen over Reflect

First off, Blissey has LOW Spc Atk to be using Ice Beam! Fire Blast is the only acceptable thing! Second, even with Reflect it's Defense is only 118, and with Reflect it's still a low 236, which still gets a strong Counter attack. So Reflect and Counter are actually good together.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 07:26 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokemaniac Will:
First off, Blissey has LOW Spc Atk to be using Ice Beam! Fire Blast is the only acceptable thing!

Have you ever fought a Blissey? They aren't meant to kill... they are stallers. Blissey runs like hell when a physical attacker comes out, then switches in to your Thunderbolts and Light Screens to drive you further insane.

Blisseys usually end up using all of Ice Beam's 16 PP, and Ice Beam can freeze you. That's why people use Ice Beam.

-Donald, who has MANY bad experiences with that f***ing egg

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.