The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Anti-NikWhak Tool

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anti-NikWhak Tool
mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2001 01:19 PM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, now, this is my first idea of a strategy, so go easy on me.

Ok, picture this:
Your Battling
You send out your Agility-BPing Poke (whatever it is, I'll use a Jolt)
You use one Agility, they switch to Wak
You BP to your own Wak (or whatever has Swagger), they SwordDance
You Swagger, resetting their Attack! They either hurt themselves or you for minimal damage.
You SD up, they either switch or continue with the funny stuff.
You sweep the match.

Note: You Poke Must be faster than Wak to pull this off. Also, there is the issue of Swagger's Accuracy. This was just a recent idea, use it, flame it, it doesn't matter to me.

- - - - -
When life gives you lemons...

Throw them back!!!

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
cHi-cHi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2385

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2001 02:10 PM      Profile for cHi-cHi   Email cHi-cHi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is even easier:start with a ground,like most people do,to counter such a thing.

- - - - -
"behold my great ball dexterity!"
-juggler erwin

From: a cardboard box with the internet f00Lz..(o^_^o) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2001 02:11 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NikWak will almost always have a lower Attack DV. If they haven't Swords Danced yet, then all you're doing is helping them.
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 05:16 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it gets setup, you have about 4 options;

1) Switch in Electrode on free turn (ie, after a KO, when Swords Dance is used) and use Swagger.
2) Switch in Cloyster on free turn and Explode. If Sub is up, you need to switch in before they use Swords Dance so you can burst Sub using Icy Wind or Surf or whatever.
3) Switch in Skarmory whenever and hope they don't flinch with Rock Slide
4) Switch in Heracross and use Counter.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sy_ke
Farting Nudist
Member # 1842

posted 12-23-2001 05:27 PM      Profile for Sy_ke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just use a roar-ing ground pokemon like donphan/golem/rhydon...

- - - - -
YOU ARE DA WINNA! -Porygon

From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 07:14 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only problem is that Marowak would KO any of those (exception with Donphan) with Earthquake before you Roar.

- - - - -
"Man is born free...and everywhere he is in chains."
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote relates to the "wage-slave cycle" which most of you are in.

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 09:32 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or just switch in your level 2 ghost/flying type Pidgey with 999 in every stat.

EDIT: You spelled Nickwak wrong.

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Mewone ]

From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 11:10 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Try leading with a Starter Lax

Snorlax F @leftovers/miracleberry
double edge
fire blast
earthquake
selfdestruct

This does better against lead combos, but would work ok otherwise. Earthquake the Jolteon, breaking the sub or dealing nice damage. You either A: Scare them into switching out, or B: Force them to pass to Marowak without a sub, and the BP turn, attack with whatever. On the turn they SD, selfdestruct. It's also likely that they'll switch to a skarmory or something steel, which you can fire blast. It's worked pretty well for me.

*note* Credit for this set goes to Automaton. I don't think he reads this much anymore, but I do think he'd care if I tried to pass it off as mine.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
FireMagmar
Farting Nudist
Member # 2238

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 05:37 AM      Profile for FireMagmar   Email FireMagmar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and why not Donphan? KOes Jolteon and eventually roars away the grounding lizard. Cloyster helps too.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.