The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Team Jman, v1.0

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Team Jman, v1.0
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 07:28 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, I've given up on the Azure Heights team, mainly because of lack of Pokemon that pay homage to people or things. So, I've decided to start Team Jman, now in v1.0. It has many cast aways from the I *heart* Azure Heights team.

Wigglytuff - Mr.K
@MiracleBerry
Perish Song
Body Slam
Rest
Icy Wind

Wigglytuff is a great starter. I can't say it enough. Whether it be to kill a few pokes, lower speed/paralyze, or even just Perish Song, its a brilliant Pokemon. Wigglytuff is really just there to deal as much damage as possible and disrupt their strategy such as a Baton Passing set-up or something of the sort. It usually only switches when it meets obvious doom(such as against a Machamp) or before Perish Song kills it. Wigglytuff, so I've found, makes a great compliment to Cloyster from lowering speed via Body Slam's PAR, Icy Wind's speed lowerage, or even a Perish Song induced switch. So...

Cloyster - GrinOfShit
@ Leftovers
Explosion
Ice Beam
Surf
Spikes

Cloyster is really only there to set out the Spikes and Explode. Cloyster has some abiltity to disrubt a Curser with its high defense, something that not many Pokemon can say(and avoid a supereffective Fire Blast, unlike Steel types). I hope to deal as much damage with Ice Beam/Surf and Explode to kill the Curser.

Rhydon - RBY_RETURNS
@ Leftovers
Fissure
Substitute
Earthquake
Rock Slide

A basic "set up Substitute and kill" Pokemon. Fissure is there as filler and because it can have a decent chance at taking down a bastard pokemon(ie Curselax). It been able to sweep teams before, I like it a lot.

Raticate - All-Star
@ Leftovers
Super Fang
Double-Edge
Rest
Roar

Eh... its okay. I try to take one pokemon for another and a half. What I mean by that... Raticate usually is able to take out a pokemon with 2 Super Fangs and a Double-Edge, and then, with its pretty good speed, use Super Fang once more. It nearly always dies after that.

Koffing - KOFFING!!
@ Leftovers
Fire Blast
Explosion
Haze
Sludge Bomb

Haze. Thats about its only job on the team. It usually doesn't get the chance to do anything other than that and explode, and if I try to do something, it usually results in one dead Koffing. Explosions are fuuuun with Koffing.

Magneton - SHALLPWN
@ Leftovers
ThunderBolt
Thunder Wave
Reflect
Rest

Fills a void in elemental attacks on this team, especially the lack of electric attacks. Good all around pokemon that can pass a Reflect to teammates and provide some PAR support.

Well, there it is... Team Jman. I hope to continue to build and rethink ideas. I might try Kangaskan in place of Raticate, just becasue Kangaskan is so cool.

- - - - -
lol pokemon

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-17-2001 07:33 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is officially my last post and the last time even looking at this place. On a scale of one to ten, your team sucks worse than your mom.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 07:40 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokemaniac Will:
This is officially my last post and the last time even looking at this place. On a scale of one to ten, your team sucks worse than your mom.

Thank God and GOOD FUCKING BYE!

Anyways, about the team.

Wigglytuff is the b0mb. I'm considering replacing Alakazam on my team with Wiggly since you say it compliments Cloyster well...Than I could finally use my one of my favorite pokemon on my serious team! I've had an immense interest in a Wigglytuff disrupter/pseudo-hazer since I learned that it could learn Perish Song. It was good before too, but Perish Song makes it uber 1337.

Cloyster is good.

Rhydon is good.

For Raticate, I like Super Fang * Seismic Toss * Rest * Roar + Mint Berry, but meh.

Koffing looks Gr88888888888!

I like the RDing set on Magneton, Rain Dance * Thunder * Thunderwave * HP Water + Leftovers. Pure pwnage.

Nice Team...me likes.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Bowser ]

From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
JolteonG3
Farting Nudist
Member # 2146

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 07:50 PM      Profile for JolteonG3   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonG3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will: This is officially my last post and the last time even looking at this place.

Yes!!!!

The team is very creative to say the least, and quite good as well.

Wigglytuff looks good, but really don't have a lot of experience with Wiggly. Same deal with Cloyster.

Rhydon looks great.

I'd get Double Team somewhere on Raticate. Risky, yes, but you'll be thankful when it prevents your enemy from hitting you when you Roar. Maybe Brightpowder as an item to supplement in.

Kofffing pwns. As usual.

I'd avoid Rest with magneton, it now has a fire weakness, so it will get roated alive as it sleeps. Also, its very weak to ground, so it's no longer a good rester as it was in RBY. I'm partial to a Raindancing set with HP water, but I'm not sure how effective that would be (I don't battle GSC often, so I'm no familiar with what's really effective).

Nice team. Great use of some severely underused Pokemon.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: JolteonG3 ]

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: JolteonG3 ]

NidoKing
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1638

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 10:53 PM      Profile for NidoKing     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

This is officially my last post and the last time even looking at this place.

Can't say I'm sorry to see you go. Go back to your rock, paper, scizors game of standards vs. standards. Leave it to the azurians to set the standards that you will use over and over again.
quote:

On a scale of one to ten, your team sucks worse than your mom.

Crap like this is the reason nobody will miss you. It takes real talent to take underused pokemon and make them usable, something that you'd best leave to the azurians.

From: West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 11:19 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liek teh Roaring Rhydon, and I suggest that Cloyster recieve Screech in place of Surf.

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 11:19 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love this thread! Not only is it an innovative team, but, the newbie from GBStation is slinking back to his sesspool! Brilliant!

Anyway, on the team, with Cloyster, if it's just going to Explode anyway, why not give it Icy Wind and Explosion? That way, it can switch out after Spiking, come back in later, use Icy Wind, making anything but Eelctrode slower than it, and then blow itself into smitheerns, with a combo of Spikes + Icy Wind + Explosion which can OHKO all but 22 Pokemon (incidentally, same figure as NickWak, and Bellylax). Speaking of NickWak, unless they get luck out on a Rock Slide flinch, Cloyster'll take it down, Sub or no Sun if it has Explosion, as long as Cloyster switches in on a turn it gets no damage (ie, after a KO, or when NickWak uses Swords Dance, or Baton Pass is used, or whatever)...but it's a last resort then.

For more info on Cloyster, the joys of Explosion and Icy Wind, check out http://www.envy.nu/tghost/scloy.html

With good old Koffing, it should be just able to do what Weezing can do...one Sludge Bomb and one Explosion, and it's night night Snorlax, but, it might be just, or leave Snorlax at low HP coming from a Koffing.

How about trying Mint Berry on Raticate? Could let you Rest up and survive a little longer than having Leftovers would.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Knef
Farting Nudist
Member # 2208

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 01:15 PM      Profile for Knef   Email Knef   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bowser, I doubt Raticate can learn Seismic Toss, handless as it is...And, what's the point of Rest+Leftovers on it? The rat has max 313 HP, I believe, which is under average, and low defensive stats that dont go well with Leftovers. And even with them Raticate probably wont be able to do a complete Rest, unless the enemy is setting up something while it sleeps -which is even worse...-. So, I suggest Mint/Miracleberry on Raticate. If you want to change the set all, I personally use Super Fang/Return/Endure/Reversal @Miracleberry, and it works well.

- - - - -
-Knef

Bowser
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 04:20 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Knef:
Bowser, I doubt Raticate can learn Seismic Toss, handless as it is...And, what's the point of Rest+Leftovers on it? The rat has max 313 HP, I believe, which is under average, and low defensive stats that dont go well with Leftovers. And even with them Raticate probably wont be able to do a complete Rest, unless the enemy is setting up something while it sleeps -which is even worse...-. So, I suggest Mint/Miracleberry on Raticate. If you want to change the set all, I personally use Super Fang/Return/Endure/Reversal @Miracleberry, and it works well.

*notes Raticate can learn Seismic Toss*

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 04:28 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright! Good comments! Even Pokemaniac Will's for the first time evar(he's leaving, that is good)!!

It seems everyone likes the Wiggly moveset, and I do too. Its been a valuable asset to my team. So it stays put.

Some people have noted about Cloyster changes. After posting this thred I have changed the set a bit up, adding Icy Wind in place of Ice Beam(as TGhost said). It works well. I may look into Screech, too.

Koffing and Rhydon have done well, so they stay put for the time being.

I've been tinkering around with Raticate and Magneton. I think I might go with that there Rain Dance Magneton pretty soon. Raticate is almost gone from making the team... he seems to be the odd man out of a job when its time to switch. I think I might try a Kangaskan, as I've said, but I'm not sure.

Thanks all, and keep the posts coming.

Bowser
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 08:17 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seems people on Pojo are not liking my team (or Wigglytuff). They think:

a)Wigglytuff cannot kill _anything_
b)Wigglytuff does not make a good starter
c)Fire Blast cannot do substanstial damage with its "pitiful 248 special"
d)Wigglytuff is mauled by Machamp
e)In general, they think Wigglytuff sucks

*sigh*

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Bowser ]

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 08:28 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bowser:

*notes Raticate can learn Seismic Toss*

Notes that Raticate, and you can even check this on Azure with it's great RBY info, doesn't learn Seismic Toss.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bowser
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 08:35 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tghost:

Notes that Raticate, and you can even check this on Azure with it's great RBY info, doesn't learn Seismic Toss.

Oopsies...my mistake. Just give it Body Slam/Counter (Breed for Counter, just in case someone says Raticate can't get that).

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 10:29 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fun Fact: The max damage of Wigglytuff using Psychic on Machamp vs Wigglytuff using Double-Edge on Machamp is greater by 1 HP of damage.

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2001 04:36 PM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fuko´s back..... Thank God Pokemaniac Will is not. Go back to Pojo and take a gay rocket to somewhere on gay island!

Anyways, hope the censors don´t mind that statement.

Wigglytuff - Mr.K
@MiracleBerry
Perish Song
Body Slam
Rest
Icy Wind

Oh my FUCKING god! I fucking love this guy! Its.... Its.... perfect! (no sarcasm... really!)

Cloyster - GrinOfShit
@ Leftovers
Explosion
Ice Beam
Surf
Spikes

Why in tarnations leftovers? You ain´t cursing or doing any moves that take a lot out of you. You ain´t doing much, but going out there and exploding. I recommend.... putting.... quick claw, pink bow, or scope lens. The idea with da claw would be to explode before you get K.O.ed. Pink Bow helps in K.O.ing the opponent, and scope lens helps in doing the same. The CH rate goes up to almost 25% with the scope.

Rhydon - RBY_RETURNS
@ Leftovers
Fissure
Substitute
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Not bad..... not bad at all....

Raticate - All-Star
@ Leftovers
Super Fang
Double-Edge
Rest
Roar

Pffft, take advantage of its speed. Take out the roar and put in Rest. A good think doesn´t have to die. Fuckit, this guy doesnt really have a great defense or special d to be able to roar succesfully.

Koffing - KOFFING!!
@ Leftovers
Fire Blast
Explosion
Haze
Sludge Bomb

I love koffing and all, but why not Weezing? You don´t wanna pull a Tom Green and be caught with 1 big purple ball instead of 2. Hell, a pokemon that is weak to ground doesnt really make such a great hazer, specially considering that the object of most baton passing chains are.... equake users. I say: DROP KICK ITS SORRY ASS OUT OF HERE.

Magneton - SHALLPWN
@ Leftovers
ThunderBolt
Thunder Wave
Reflect
Rest

Yeah, but put in mint berry over leftovers. I know this is more of a stalling pkmn, but you aint got a heal beller on the team. Steel/electric is actually not a bad type at all, even though it has 4x weakness to ground.

Diagnosis: Rhydon being a physical sweeper or not, it is still not enough. This team lacks an immediate threat that usually comes from pkmn such as snorlax and all of the overused. Koffing´s type just doesnt suit its function.

Rx: Change koffing for either girafag g or Mr.Mime and pass some curse or amnesia to Rhydon or its buddies.

Rating: 8.8 out of 10. I love the superunderused. I took out .5 stars because I couldnt swear and that koffing is just.... ugh.

Gladiator, I salute you!

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2001 09:16 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No.. no... y...y... you.. didn't just say... d-d-drop Koffing did you or.. or change it to... WEEZING?

You don't get it do you?

Koffing rules everyone. He's saved my ass a few times, and I shall never forget him nor leave him out of any team I ever own. Long live Koffing.

Bowser
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2001 09:35 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jman:
No.. no... y...y... you.. didn't just say... d-d-drop Koffing did you or.. or change it to... WEEZING?

You don't get it do you?

Koffing rules everyone. He's saved my ass a few times, and I shall never forget him nor leave him out of any team I ever own. Long live Koffing.

That being said...

KOFFING!

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2001 08:46 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Underused, ok.

Wiggly: I'm gonna give this a shot once I get back to GSBots over break and after B-ball. The only possible problem is that I'm not sure Wiggly will be able to safely rest too easily.

Cloyster: Nice, although icy wind or Screech might be good over surf or ice beam.

Rhydon: Should work.

Raticate: If you want this guy, I'd get rid of roar, since he doesn't have the defense for it, and probably give it mint berry. Endure + Reversal could work in the last 2 spots also.

Koffing: Even if I did want you to change this (I don't) you wouldn't. Good.

Magneton: I'd use the RD set.

Overall: Yay for underused!!!

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.