The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Sudgestions Please?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sudgestions Please?
The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 03:30 PM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's a team I've been thinking about, I want to see what you guys think.

Forretress (Shelby)
-Spikes
-Exposion
-Rapid Spin(To get rid of other spikes.)
-Curse(To lure in a Hazer before I Expode?)
@Miricle Berry?

Aerodactyl (Fenris)
-Sandstorm
-Fireblast(To get rid of Steel types, maybe Grass?)
-Earthquake(To get rid of Rock Types.)
-Roar???(To stop Baton Passers?)
@Leftovers

Lanturn (Tempest)
-Thunderwave(Maybe to parashuffle?)
-Attract
-Confuse Ray
-Thunderbolt(To get rid of water Types)
@Focus Band(For Mirror Coat)

Meganium (Solaris)
-Safeguard(To stop satuts affliction.)
-Earthquake/Anchient Power
-Hidden Power Fighting(For discouraging Umbreon?)
-Sinthesis(That's how you spell it; right?)
@Miricle Berry

Thyphlosion (Winterflame)
-Thunder Punch
-Flamthrower
-Earthquake
-Roar
@Magnet?

Tyranitar (Cyrus)
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Double Team
-Roar
@Leftovers

I'm unsure about the movesets on the last two. Sudgestions for replacment pokemon are welcome.

- - - - -
It's too hard to think of a signature.

From: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-16-2001 05:34 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Forretress-Very nice, lure in a Hazer and kill it! That's a good strategy. But I suggest using HP-Ghost over Rapid Spin, since some people use Gengar as a Hazer.

Aerodactyl-Has too low Spc Atk to use Fire Blast. Take Ancientpower and Wing Attack over Fire Blast and Sandstorm. Sandstorm isn't a good idea unless you have 3-5 Ground, Rock or Steel types in your team since you might need to bring out one that isn't one of those types at the wrong moment, and the opponent can just switch to something that isn't effected by it. Make it a Mintyrest too over Roar, you have two others.

Lanturn-Nice.

Meganium: A Protecter Meganium. I say go with Curse, Ancientpower, Earthquake, Razor Leaf @Leftovers. Your set is pretty good, I just usually use that set.

Typhlosion: Standard. By the way, why do you have 3 Roarers?

Tyranitar: You already have a Typhlosion psuedohazer, so make Tyranitar all out attacking for two reasons:
a) Being a sweeper here it should have an arsenal of attacks and
b) You need a Water move somewhere, as well as Earthquake, and you can't put only one on because you'd need both.
So put Surf and Earthquake over Roar and Double Team.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 10:11 AM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your time, Pokemaniac Will...Now, is there any more sudgestions/rates/flames for this team before I finalize it, because I've been thinking of a Jumpluff instead of Meganium that has a set like:
@Miricle Berry
-Leech Seed
-Encore
-Stun Spore
-HP Ground?(Because Meganium's original purpose was to discourage Pokemon like Jolteon and Umbreon.)

I've been considering a Cloyster instead of Forretress. What do you think?

- - - - -

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 02:34 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jumpluff is teh ultimate annoyance tool. Leech Seed, Stun Spore/Sleep Powder, Double Team, Encore, @Leftovers. It will discourage the enemy if they get a Mean Look or Agility Encored while being sapped by Leech Seed. Then if their Jolty or Umbreon passes it on to the next Poké. (I think it is passed)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give Forretress Sandstorm, Spikes, Protect, Explosion, @Leftovers if you like to stall. It has worked for me many times against my friends, eventually they just give up. ^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cloyster is more or less a lay down the spikes, fight if you can, otherwise explode kind of Poké, unless you can manage to save him. My Cloyster knows Surf, Ice Beam, Explosion, Spikes, @Quick Claw. It saved my against a Lugia once by exploding, so that Jolty could clean it up.

From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 04:10 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why use Foretress for Hazer luring? Nothing on your team can power up anyway..I'd just explode on the first available target.

Typhlosion isn't a viable Pokemon and neither is Meganium (though he could _possibly_ function as a support platform and nothing more). Lanturn isn't going to last long enough to do much without some sort of protection (I'd drop Attract for Rest and get a Heal Bell user in there). DT on Tyranitar isn't going to accomplish anything (he won't survive long enough to power it up), I'd give him Fire Blast or Curse.

You have a serious weakness problem. I'm hoping that you don't intend to bring this team near GSbot. Two Pokemon weak to Fire, three weak to Ground and three weak to Water..the individual movesets are okay but as a whole I can't see this team working. The typical JoltWak combo will tear this team up, and that's before bringing in other common Pokemon like Suicune and Snorlax.

Meeh. Apologies for being harsh. If you were trying to be original, then sorry, but if you're putting a team up for suggestions here it should be about one thing only: winning.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 08:31 PM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see ...are these pokemon better now?

Forretress
-Spikes
-Explotion
-Rapid Spin
-HP Ghost(Thief?)
@???

Jumpluff
-Stun Spore
-Leech Seed
-HP Fighting
-Encore
@Bright Powder

Zapdos
-Thunder Bolt
-Drill Peck
-Thunder Wave
-Whirlwind
@Leftovers

Aerodactyl
-Earthquake
-Anchient Power
-Wing Attack
-Rest
@Mint Berry

Alakazam
-Ice Punch
-Recover
-Psychic
-Future Sight?
@Scope Lens?

Blissy
-Curse
-Return
-Soft Boiled
-Minimize
@Quick Claw??

- - - - -

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 11:18 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Purple Lanturn:
I see ...are these pokemon better now?

Marginally, but you still have a sizeable physical problem.

If you wanted to use those particular Pokemon, try this:

Forretress: Spikes, Explosion, Curse, Rapid Spin (as it was the first time)

Jumpluff: Sleep Powder over HP Fighting.

Alakazam: Psychic, Barrier, Recover, Counter

Blissey: Counter, Softboiled, Reflect/Defense Curl/Curse, Light Screen.

Kazam and Blissey should give you a bit of protection against Snorlax, but personally I'd throw in a Skarmory over Aerodactyl just to be certain.

EDIT: I hear that Kazam learns Counter..

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk ]

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.