The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Yay Underusage

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yay Underusage
Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 12-15-2001 10:20 PM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arbok@leftovers
sludge bomb
earthquake
glare
haze

Seaking@leftovers
hydro pump
icy wind
protect
horn drill

AMpharos@leftovers
thudnerbolt
thunderwave
attract
reflect

Tangela@leftovers
giga drain
swords dance
sleep powder
double-edge

Wigglytuff@leftovers
double-edge
counter
ice beam
protect

Dugtrio@leftovers
earthquake
rock slide
screech
substitute

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-15-2001 10:49 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Half of these have a huge reason to be underused, sir. Sorry, but I can't even rate this.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-15-2001 11:51 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you can't rate this, then you're a wuss.

"Oh boo hoo, I can only stay in my little rut of the same few standards and not actually open up my mind to different pokemon and sets."

If you look closely, all of the movesets here are surprisingly solid.

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

NidoKing
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1638

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 12:25 AM      Profile for NidoKing     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Half of these have a huge reason to be underused, sir. Sorry, but I can't even rate this.

Then why did you reply?

Anyway, about the team:

Arbok@leftovers
sludge bomb
earthquake
glare
haze

Hazer.. check. Looks nice

Seaking@leftovers
hydro pump
icy wind
protect
horn drill

Why protect? Works well with leftovers, but that alone usually isn't a good enough reason to put it in a slot. A toxic or two on the team might help you take advantage of it more if you want to keep it. I like horn drill, it's nice to have at least one OHKO move as a last resort.

AMpharos@leftovers
thudnerbolt
thunderwave
attract
reflect

Not quite as underused as the others, but still not overused Looks nice.

Tangela@leftovers
giga drain
swords dance
sleep powder
double-edge

Sleep, swords, double-edge, giga + leftovers for recovery... looks nice.

Wigglytuff@leftovers
double-edge
counter
ice beam
protect

Again, I would consider replacing protect, or using more moves that can take advantage of the stalling.

Dugtrio@leftovers
earthquake
rock slide
screech
substitute

His speed is good for getting the sub up fast, but his low hp means it won't last very long. It's always nice to have a sub user though. I like it.

From: West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-16-2001 12:26 AM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, was that supposed to bother me? Because it didn't. I can tell that you're trying to be a bully, I don't think you should keep on, because you just don't cut it. So don't quit your day job, keep on working at McDonalds until you're 22. Oh wait that's in two days. If you opened your eyes instead of your oversized mouth for one second, you'd see my sets are not standards, far from it, in fact. All I do is think of non-standard sets. Underused Pokémon make a good squad, but some of them should stay underused. Dugtrio, Wigglytuff and Tangela are all very poor. Wigglytuff's Defense stats suck, Tangela has one of the worst Spc Def and Dugtrio everything except for Speed sucks. Arbok needs Curse but it has Haze and there's nothing on this team I can stick Haze on. Ampharos isn't even underused. I don't even know why I bother, there's no sense with arguing with an idiot, they don't have anything to lose.

"Dignity? What is dignity, I never heard of it? Hey you, you're stupid! You don't even know that 3 + 1 is 5! Durr my favorite country is New York! Oh wait that's a continent! Oh, you mean you want a Pokémon battle! I think I'll use Magikarp, Weedle, Caterpie, Metapod, Kakuna and Diglett!"

If you look closely, you'll see that you're an idiot.

- - - - -

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 08:21 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't even know why I bother, there's no sense with arguing with an idiot, they don't have anything to lose.

Which, Pokemaniac Will, is exactly why you should not get into arguments.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Duolivous
Farting Nudist
Member # 2030

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 11:57 AM      Profile for Duolivous   Author's Homepage   Email Duolivous   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am going to quote FrogJedi's sig.

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Stop posting Will. Don't ever post unless it is to better the sight. This team seems like a great idea to me. Don't bash something that you cannot possibly comprehend.

[EDIT] I didn't have FrogJedi's sig an exact quote so I wanted fix that.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Duolivous ]

- - - - -
I need a new sig.

From: Someplace you've never heard of | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
PowerAngelic
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...
Member # 693

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 02:18 PM      Profile for PowerAngelic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arbok@leftovers
sludge bomb
earthquake
glare
haze

Yay for Haze! Anyway, this is probably the best Arbok can get, so stick with it.

Seaking@leftovers
hydro pump
icy wind
protect
horn drill

Nope. This Seaking is my fave: Horn Drill, Agility, Endure, Flail @ Leftovers. No Ghost support, but meh. :P

AMpharos@leftovers
thudnerbolt
thunderwave
attract
reflect

This should work pretty well. It's pretty much my parattract Hypno with T-bolt instead of Psychic. I'm not liking your massive use of leftovers so far, though. Might want to attach a Miracleberry.

Tangela@leftovers
giga drain
swords dance
sleep powder
double-edge

*sigh* I guess so. I used to use Tangela, but I replaced it with a Noctowl.

Wigglytuff@leftovers
double-edge
counter
ice beam
protect

Why Protect? Use Minty Rest so you can Counter more than once. :P

Dugtrio@leftovers
earthquake
rock slide
screech
substitute

Very good, though Dugtrio is a weakling.

All in all, your Pokemon choices work. Seaking isn't exactly the best water Pokemon you could've picked, since it can barely use water attacks. I give it a 7.5/10

- - - - -
It's about Power.

From: Canada. Stop Laughing. ;_; | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 03:41 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokemaniac Will liek nos wut he is talking about guyz!!

Actually, he who disses Wigglytuff shall be smited. Many times. And stuff.

Wigglytuff and Koffing forever ;[ .

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 04:03 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokemaniac Will:

I love how you said all you think about are original sets. I decided to actually look at one of your teams, and here's what I saw.

A Curse/Extremespeed Dragonite.
A Standard Scizor.
A slightly off-standard Machamp (Has Light Screen and Counter).
A standard Kingdra.
A standard Magmar.

Oh yeah. You be 1337 Innovator.

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 04:27 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why Protect? Use Minty Rest so you can Counter more than once. :P

I'm guessing the biggest reason to have protect on Wiggly is to take advantage of his massive HP.

After protect (and two uses of leftovers), he can recover about 57 HP. Not to bad if you ask me.

While Trio can only recover 32 HP after two turns.

If I could somehow fit Pokemon Will's entire reply into my sig, I would have one kick ass sig!

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 04:58 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I think I'm smart, even though what I just said makes me look like a complete moron."

Or something to that effect.

Felixthecat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1647

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 05:07 PM      Profile for Felixthecat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sorry, mods. I promise only to do this a couple times a year, and only around holidays.

::deep breath::

Normally I don't let these sorts of posts get under my skin. After all, it's a game, and anyone can play. This means you have to tolerate people you wouldn't normally want to be around, but tolerance really isn't that much to ask. Someday I'll go on a rant about all the homophobes here at AH, but right here right now, will, you've really pissed me off.

The one thing I do NOT tolerate is intolerance.

My words of wisdom are simple:
The only thing you need to be able to do well in today's world to survive is be able to get along with your peers. This takes two things: a kind heart and an open mind. A sense of humour helps sometimes too.

Will, go ahead and post whatever you want, call yourself original, dis other teams all you want, no one can make you offer explanations. I won't give you any crap.

But there is one thing that bothered me, will. I'm not trying to be pc. Catch me at home, and I'm typically anything but pc. But that's my business, unlike what is said here, which is everyone's business.

Will, how old are you? What the hell were you thinking with your 22, mcdonalds remark? Where were you going with that one? Were you making fun of someone because they have more experience than you, or were you making fun of someone because they can't get money from their parents and have to work to pay for their own necessities? I'm not 22 and I've never worked at Mcdonalds. I am 18, however, and I have worked at some pretty shitty places to get to where I am now, college.

So who the hell are you?

Who the hell are you?

Please, tell about the great struggles of your life, or maybe the great achievements you already have under your belt, or the sense of joy you bring to your friends and your community, or whatever the fuck you have to be proud of. Please, tell me. Tell me what in your life makes you proud. Jesus christ. Someday, you will will be 22, and you will work at Mcdonalds, and it will be terrible, it will really suck, and hopefully you will remember this post and realize how stupid it was to brandish the words "twenty-two" and "mcdonalds" like they were bad words. Someday you will grow up, and hopefully you will be a good deal smarter then you are right now.

::deep breath::

- - - - -
cursebuff, I choose you!

From: Portland, OR / Beloit, WI | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-16-2001 05:38 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those insults were meant towards SD, not to Silver_Persian. The one about the teams is just simply things I felt I had to say to Silver_Persian. Sometimes I feel that sometimes thing should be replaced, and seeing as this is an underused team, I can't really recommend any replacements.

And I changed my team, BTW, SD. That post is outdated.

And TGhost and the others, I don't know who the hell you are, I never did anything, or say any word against you, but you come out and attack me. Well here's a word against you: MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUISNESS!

- - - - -

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 06:33 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love how you missed everyone's points.
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 09:36 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we should all mind our own bussiness...why don't you, and not go around saying an underused team cannot be rated by you, becuase, as well all know, Pokemaniac Will is just the best team rater at Azure. And, before anything goes to your pinhead, it's called sarcasm.

And, I didn't even attack you! All I did was agree with your own words!

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
NidoKing
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1638

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 10:22 PM      Profile for NidoKing     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Those insults were meant towards SD, not to Silver_Persian. The one about the teams is just simply things I felt I had to say to Silver_Persian.

It doesn't matter who the insults were against, felix's point still stands.
quote:

The one about the teams is just simply things I felt I had to say to Silver_Persian.

Why? Apparently to make yourself look good. There was absolutely no other reason for making such a reply, so don't even bother trying to bullshit us with some lame excuse.
quote:

And TGhost and the others, I don't know who the hell you are, I never did anything, or say any word against you, but you come out and attack me. Well here's a word against you: MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUISNESS!

Speaking of damn business minding, what business did you have popping in with that "I can't even rate this team" garbage? If you couldn't give any constructive advice, you would have been better off not replying at all. I think that's the reason people have been "attacking" you.

From: West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Felixthecat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1647

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 12:08 AM      Profile for Felixthecat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fun team, S_P. I don't think dugtrio will be able to get away with screech, though. try fissure instead, if you are so inclined. Also, I don't think tangela has the hp for SDed recoil. maybe return, or BS.

Honestly, I'd forget about trying to make seaking a viable special attacker. He learns sleeptalk and rest and horn drill, I believe. Try just those three, and mystery berry or even focus band if you're a gambling man.

I say go with protect. It's good filler for pokes with leftovers, and you've got plenty of room for filler with pokes like those.

Let's move on.

- - - - -
cursebuff, I choose you!

From: Portland, OR / Beloit, WI | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 12-17-2001 03:15 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Felixthecat:
Let's move on.

Exactly. No more games of flame the n00b on here. Remember, he claims to have his e-mail address in his sig. Any more "indecent" and "vulgar" language should be sent via e-mail so that any "virgin ears" here don't have to listen to this "nonsense" being posted about any n00bs.

P.S. And in case you didn't notice, if you talk smack about Wiggly or Koffing on here, you deserve to be thrown into the Nine Levels of Hell, consecutively.
And, ummm...Tangela and Dugtrio do not suck. That's like saying Rock/Grounds suck because they have no Spc Def..wait, he's already said they suck as well. OK, lets try that again. That's like saying Jynx sucks because she has shit for Defense, ok that's better.

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Knef
Farting Nudist
Member # 2208

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 12:49 PM      Profile for Knef   Email Knef   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I’m not joining the debate since I’m probably the most ignorant people on this board and will get flamed most likely anyway…

Back to the rating…You used Arbok: simply extraordinaire. I like the set itself, since Poison+Ground gives Arbok pretty good type coverage…Yeah, it gets screwed by Skarmory…like thousand other more common pokčmon. Maybe Miracleberry for its not bad Speed?

For Seaking, you may want to try this set: Substitute, Flail, Rest, Surf/Double-Edge/Return/Hydro Pump @Mint Berry. The point is to attack freely until Seaking is at about 32% or such: put a Substitute up. Now, you’ll have a Seaking protected by a Sub with a full-power Flail running off a 282 attack going against a pokčmon that will never expect something like that. With Rest, you could do the trick more than once.

For Ampharos, I’d suggest Safeguard over Attract, and Miracleberry over Leftovers. It gives you some status protection, not to mention many people nowadays use female/genderless pokčmon Attract is ineffective against. If you change it this way, making Ampharos your starter wouldn’t be a bad idea.

And, I never battled with Tangela, so it’s likely I’m just saying stupid oddities, but wouldn’t the vine wrapped thingie do better with Amnesia in a world where any decent non-Grass/Electric/Water Special attack would put a big dent in its 333 HP? Also, with an average number of hit points like that, Tangela can’t afford the recoil from DE at full power. Maybe: Sleep Powder, Amnesia, Giga Drain Hp-something with Leftovers?

Probably, Wiggly would benefit more from Minty Rest (with Rest over Protect), so that it could also heal itself status-wise (being fully paralyzed/poisoned/burned doesn’t help Countering… .

Dugtrio: Fissure is an interesting last resort over Screech. I assume you have Leftovers to help Dugtrio put some more Substitute…Yeah, keep it. It’s a nice way to stop annoyers and OHKOers.

Nice team, good use of cool underused pokčmon.

- - - - -
-Knef

FireMagmar
Farting Nudist
Member # 2238

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 01:03 PM      Profile for FireMagmar   Email FireMagmar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with you all. Why dissin' another's team? I'd be proud of myself if I came up with an underused team. My congratulations to S_P, really. For all the time I spent outta the videogames universe I've experienced a lot of crap. And one of these is intolerance. Will, get down from your podium, someday they'll contempt you and kick you down in the worst of quagmires. Think about that. Be kind to people and people will be kind to you. Do it for yourself. Anyway, back to topic:

I'm afraid Arbok won't last long enough to haze. Sure, can haze Cursers, but not other alterers. It's not that fast, and will get killed in no time. Still the best it can get.
I like Seaking. That is, if Speed still affects OHKOs.

Ampharos' kinda screwed up against Grounds. But, again, I wouldn't think you'd leave it against one. Watch out, though, because you have a 2x... I suggest Light Screen to help Tangela.

Speaking of the walking weed, I'd put Body Slam over DE. It's a Grass, after all.

Wiggly needs Minty Rest over Protect, as said.

Dugtrio looks good, but Sub+Screech just don't work with it's horrible Defense and HP. There isn't much you can do. Maybe DT...

Skarmory
Farting Nudist
Member # 1850

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2003 03:32 PM      Profile for Skarmory   Email Skarmory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm almost 18, I work at McDonalds... it sucks shit, but you know, I need to do it to get into University.... wait, which I was just accepted to. Just because I work there doesn't mean I'm a moron. Thank you [Big Grin]

- - - - -
If I had a funny quote, I'd put it here.

Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2003 01:05 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool Arbok. Mine's the same except I have Crunch instead of Haze. I like to multitype. That and I just like having an Arbok that can Crunch. It makes it seem that much more evil.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Thomaz
Farting Nudist
Member # 3330

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2003 06:27 PM      Profile for Thomaz   Author's Homepage   Email Thomaz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm a little late and I actually only have one thing to say (or maybe two).

Yay for using Underused Pokémon. I use UU in GSC alot. =]

One side note on Dugtrio, my most used UU Ground (and basically my most used Ground Pokémon anyway):

Earthquake, Ancient Power, Sceech, Sand Attack

This is the set I use, works great. Very annoying, especially when you get the boost. People don't switch as often as you think. Trust me.

Earthquake, Rock Slide, Substitude, Fissure

My RBY set. It works great in GSC too.

The rest looks fine, and besides that, I want to go to bed. [Razz]

- - - - -
Nothing.

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2003 10:18 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are aware you just rated an almost 2 year old team, yes?

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.