The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Joyous pokemon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Joyous pokemon
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 11:51 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I finally decided that if I could choose any six pokemon to accompany me in everyday life (kinda like those guys on the pokieman cartoon show), these would be them. Their move sets are based not on what would be most effective in battle, but mostly what would be most fun on a particular pokemon ouside of battle. But I think I will also shark this team up and play with it against little children. I can't wait to use that girafarig!

GiraFariG
------------
Beat Up //bring in the possie
Iron Tail //uses that cool tail of his
Psychic //hurt peoples heads
Thunder // Calls down Zeus' almighty fury

I love this set. Total fun.

Flareon
-----------
Body Slam // a classic. A bit clichéd... but bodyslamming people is cool!
Reflect // in case a terrorist tries to bomb us
Flamethrower // 4 BBQs at my house as well as arsony
Zap Cannon // there is a direct correlation between a move's inaccuracy and the fun obtained whilst using it

BooYAH

Shuckle
-----------
Curse // My shuckle has a naughty vocabulary
Rollout
Sandstorm
Rest

I realize using Shuckle is a bit unfair, but I enjoy harnessing his unstoppable momentum once he begins "rollout." Sandstorm is there because playing with sand is fun (111!! 1! !! remember sandboxes??!). Rest is because even the mightiest of heroes becomes tired.

Aerodactyl
--------------
Fly // I could save on airfare and avoid security checkpoints
Rock Throw // Drop rocks on people/things
Roar //Roar would be cool on a big flying dinosaur
Mimic //mock foolish dunderheads on the ground

What would be cooler than flying around on a dinosaur's back? Especially if it dropped rocks on people's things. Mimic to mock people who shake their fists in anger.

Snorlax
------------
Rest //Sleep
Snore //bother other people who are trying to sleep
Sleep Talk //I like the sound of Snorlax's voice
Pay Day // make money while sleeping

I'd use Snorlax as my bed. I like the sound of Snorlax's voice. It is so muscular and powerful. Using Sleep Talk I could hear his voice whenever I wanted.

Khangaskhan
----------------
Strength // move cars out of desired parking spaces
Rock Smash // to smash up things
Surf // sail to New Zealand
Earthquake // Shake stuff

I'd use this girl to Surf, move Cars that are parked in spaces I want to park in, shake stuff with earthquake, and smash up things with rock Smash. And I'd use her to sail places also.

Which pokemon would you guys use? What would their movesets be?

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: 10,000Lb.Snorlax ]

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 04:07 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokemon Will your a complete moron.

Read the first paragraph.

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tux The Linux Penguin
Farting Nudist
Member # 1846

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 04:32 PM      Profile for Tux The Linux Penguin     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 10,000Lb.Snorlax:

Gimics never work out, especially for Snorlax. And Will, read the whole post before you make a serious team rate.

From: Walla Walla, WA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 05:13 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Gimics never work out, especially for Snorlax.

Alright you win, I put Metronome over Snore on Snorlax.

I also added attached Items in order to increase Funness.

Version 2.0

GiraFariG
<Black Glasses> Sunglasses make you look cool
------------
Beat Up //bring in the possie
Iron Tail //uses that cool tail of his
Psychic //hurt peoples heads
Thunder // Calls down Zeus' almighty fury

Flareon
<Twisted Spoon> Spoons are funny
-----------
Body Slam // a classic. A bit clichéd... but bodyslamming people is cool!
Reflect // in case a terrorist tries to bomb us
Flamethrower // 4 BBQs at my house as well as arsony
Zap Cannon // there is a direct correlation between a move's inaccuracy and the fun obtained whilst using it

Shuckle
<Black Belt> He's one bad Mo-Fo (knows karate)
-----------
Curse // My shuckle has a naughty vocabulary
Rollout
Sandstorm
Rest

Aerodactyl
<Soda Pop> A flying dinosaur with a beverage
--------------
Fly // I could save on airfare and avoid security checkpoints
Rock Throw // Drop rocks on people/things
Roar //Roar would be cool on a big flying dinosaur
Mimic

Snorlax
<Poke Doll> This is his stuffed animal that he sleeps with
------------
Rest //Sleep
Metronome // do crazy stuff
Sleep Talk // I like the sound of Snorlax's voice

Khangaskhan
<Magnet> her favorite Toy to play with
----------------
Strength // move cars out of desired parking spaces
Rock Smash // to smash up things
Surf // sail to New Zealand
Earthquake // Shake stuff

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 08:50 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wonders how a ten thousand pound snorlax would look like using fly
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2001 12:51 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
10k rox

teh tpm fool sux

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 12-15-2001 05:55 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Khangaskhan isn't that fun... i use him on a lot of my other teams. I'm thinking of switching her for a Porygon2 with this moveset:

Porygon 2
<Stick>
Conversion2 // shows off special talent (dem other pokes ain't got no talents)
Agility // ain't nobody faster, !BiOtCh!
Recover // shows dem hoes he can take whatever they dish out
Psyche up // get's pumped for whooping cracker ass

What do you guys think? I think I should do it. This guy could kick anybody's ass he wants (using his special stick),but he's too big a person to. All he does is just takes their hits (because he's *that* tough).

Ain't nothing that can take his ass down. Except maybe a fighting pokemon. Or except something that knows a fighting move. Or maybe something with a ohko move. Or maybe something that is able to do damage to it.

The thing I like about this guy is that he is able to have some pretty good staying power. And he has a pretty whoop-ass attitude (he's got balls thinking he can still win a battle by not attacking).

He will be the silent, strong leader of my team (with just a *touch* of concede-idness).

you think he's worthy of bumping off Khangaskhan? I think he might be...

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-15-2001 08:57 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dont' call me a moron, I saw the paragraph. I'm just saying that fun team or not it should have SOME battlability. Does this team even have a point other than to take up space?

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
NidoKing
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1638

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 12:01 AM      Profile for NidoKing     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Dont' call me a moron, I saw the paragraph. I'm just saying that fun team or not it should have SOME battlability. Does this team even have a point other than to take up space?

Yes, it does have a point. Maybe you should re-read the first paragraph. Here, i'll quote the key phrase for you.
quote:

Their move sets are based not on what would be most effective in battle, but mostly what would be most fun on a particular pokemon ouside of battle.

Allow me to quote the point of the team again:
quote:

Their move sets are based not on what would be most effective in battle, but mostly what would be most fun on a particular pokemon ouside of battle.

So you see, the point of this team is what should be the point of any team. FUN.

From: West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 10:23 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokemaniac Will:

*Rates Will a 1 for being such a complete imbecile*

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
NiMR0D
Farting Nudist
Member # 2204

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 10:41 AM      Profile for NiMR0D     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LanderZRPG:

*Rates Will a 1 for being such a complete imbecile*

He can't be rated

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 12-16-2001 01:41 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WIll is a dumbass...

but as for 10k's question about which pokemon i'd use...

i'd use the team i use on my gameboy version...

basically i try to use a team that Gary Oak would use...and these are my favorites....so here:

Nidoking (Mint Berry)
-Earthquake
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rest

*I find it to be a strong pokemon against things like Skarmory and stuff....i think this can annoy the crap out of some of the slower water/flyers out there...it has a little ground protection too...not the best...but it'll deliver a blow to any grounds out there...i also think Nidoking is really really cool...tied in my favorite spot in terms of pokemon...it looks HARDCORE..and that's why i use it...

Politoed (Miracleberry) *MALE*
-Earthquake
-Haze
-Ice Beam
-Surf

*well....i think Haze is kinda going "old school" as most don't use roar or anything anymore...i ditch body slam for Earthquake...just because i would rather cripple Jolteon, rather than just paralyze it....I also have Mew/Celebii's special Defense...I just think having a frog going around with me would be HOT!

Machamp (Quick Claw) *MALE*
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Cross Chop
-Fire Blast

*Mine has a maxed out special attack...but basically, since you're asking why i'd use it in real life...i think it looked cool in the TV show...and i haven't seen Rock Slide in an episode, so i guess i'd keep Rock Slide on it...Machamp just looks hardcore...and that's why i'd use it...

Jolteon (Leftovers) *FEMALE*
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Attract
-Substitute

*Basically my toughest pokemon to defeat...in the Gameboy game, i can easily take Snorlax and Tyranitar down unless they're females...in the show, Jolteon looks really really cool...and i think Substitute would be an amazing move to use in real life, so i'd keep it on her too...attract might look cool too!

Arcanine (Black Glasses) *FEMALE*
-Crunch
-Extremespeed
-Fire Blast
-Sunny Day

*Whenever i'm cold i can use Arcanine so she can Summon the Sun and make it a bit warmer...if i'm travelling in the Snowy mountains like Ash was, i could snuggle around this Giant Arcane-Canine, and be all warm and stuff....(gay but it's cool)....and i just think that Arcanine would be really really awesome to have in a team...Gary used it and i thought it was neat. That's why i use her.

Espeon (Scope Lens) *MALE*
-Psychic
-Morning Sun
-Bite
-Reflect

*My tied in favorite (with Nidoking) Pokemon...he'd be my favorite pokemon...and the one that would be my "Last Hope"....like when Ash fought that dude in the Orange League Finals, and he kept his best pokemon in a pokeball on a chain around his neck...this would be THAT pokemon for me...i'd use it as my "secret weapon"...and impress the crowd and stuff....

well that's what i'd use 10K...it's my real team and i tried to avoid using the actual Gameboy game in my post, and talk about real life like you asked...but that's definatley what i'd want in a team.

stay

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 02:20 PM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You need an Arcanine. Great for picking up the chicks.
P.S. w/Attract

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Frogjedi ]

- - - - -
-"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

From: I'm filing. Oh yes I'm filing. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-16-2001 05:42 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, ok, you're right, I am kind of being a moron, but I'm just saying that even fun teams should have SOME kind of usability. I apologize to 10,000 lb if I made you angry or anything, I'm just saying. If he's playing against little children, even they have a good chance of winning, so some kind of battling ability would be needed. Perhaps I did go a bit overboard, but it wasn't one of my better days.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 01-19-2002 07:23 AM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've actualy thought about this before.

I dunno about moves but my team whould be:

Scyther
Jolteon/Espeon/Umbreon
Charizard
Abra (no i probibly whouldent let it evolve)
Aipom
Hitmonchan

this team isnt based on compatability, but with the basic l33t-ness of the 'mon.

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 01-19-2002 02:35 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, l33tness of the 'mon indeed. My team would be this:

Haunter
Mewtwo
Kabutops
Forretress
Skarmory
KOFFING!!!

From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Duolivous
Farting Nudist
Member # 2030

Member Rated:
posted 01-21-2002 10:02 PM      Profile for Duolivous   Author's Homepage   Email Duolivous   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a fun topic and you can't be wrong either. So here is my team with moves.

Sandslash(M)
Bracken
Sandstorm
Earthquake
Dynamicpunch
Curse

The real fighter on the team. He does all the dirty work.

Clefable(F)
Babyface
Sing
Moonlight
Metronome
Attract

Goes in against the boys and plays hard to get while she hits them with Metronome.

Furret(M)
Vince
Defense Curl
Rollout
Slash
Attract

He is the lady's man. He makes them think he's interested with Attract then beats them down.

Aipom(M)
Dick
Tail Whip
Sand-Attack
Screech
Headbutt

The trickster on the team. Basically sent out to taunt the opponent.

Espeon(F)
Neuralyte
Psychic
Hidden Power Rock
Psych Up
Morning Sun

The strongest. Very mysterious.

Larvitar(M)
Dutch
Scary Face
Bite
Thrash
Curse

Trash talkin' young kid that cusses a lot. He thinks he's all that and actually is pretty strong.

There is my team. I kinda like it despite its many weaknesses.

- - - - -
I need a new sig.

From: Someplace you've never heard of | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 01-22-2002 01:23 AM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokemaniac Will:

Do you?

*runs*

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2002 07:44 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's my pleasure to introduce you to the newest member of my team:

Ursaring
W/ Scope Lens
Slash
Rest
Focus Energy
Curse

I kind of visualize him as an abused circus bear who escaped Barnum and Bailey and started destroying everything in sight before I convinced him to live with me. He not real smart, but he real strong.

The fun inhereant in this guy lies not in some fancy all-powerful moveset (like the other members of my team) but rather in trying to fully curse up and then hit the enemy with a CH doing 5x-6x normal damage.

Instead of deleting previous team members, I'll just turn one of my PC boxes into an asylum of "contra-strategists."

Jaybee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1781

posted 01-25-2002 06:16 PM      Profile for Jaybee   Email Jaybee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jynx, for obvious reasons.

And a Hitmontop to keep that Jynx in line, as well as causing dizzyness at the drop of a hat.

Added bonus-Jynx can make money as a prostitute whilst I sleep. Kinda like 10k's Payday idea, only mine makes the world a better place.

PS-I've been away for too long.

The Jazz
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2519

Rate Member
posted 01-29-2002 08:21 PM      Profile for The Jazz   Email The Jazz      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Make any pokemon a musician instantly with patented move set:
~Glasses
Metronome
Belly Drum
Sing

as for fourth move, customize according to your preferred music type!

for Britney Spears, use Attract!
for heavy metal, use Screech, Growl, or Roar!
for Pete Townsend, use Whirlwind! (closest thing to windmill... and I hope somebody gets that...)
for oldies, use Perish Song!
for Kenny G, use Snore! (even if you aren't using Rest---he'll do that for you)

Got any other ideas? I know I'm missing something...

- - - - -
Gotta have more cowbell!

Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2002 09:55 PM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My team would be

Gengar
Marowak
Kabutops
Gyarados
Crobat
Houndoom

- - - - -
There is more money being spent on breast implants and Viagra today than on Alzheimer's research. This means that by 2040, there should be a large elderly population with perky boobs, huge erections, and absolutely no recollection of what to do with them.

PKMN Master FRAZZE
Farting Nudist
Member # 2404

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2002 06:14 AM      Profile for PKMN Master FRAZZE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a Poké that i would use.

Dragonite (M)
@Berry juice
Fire blast
Surf
Fly
Attract

In the summer a would surf on my Dragonite all day. Berry juice is always nice after a day at the beach

Attract is for all the girls.

Fly and fire blast is so that I can fly over the school and burn it down.

I havent thought up the rest of the team, it might come later.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: PKMN Master FRAZZE ]

- - - - -
What's the use of the truth if you can't tell a lie?

From: Why the fuck do you care? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2002 02:37 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Make any pokemon a musician instantly with patented move set:
~Glasses
Metronome
Belly Drum
Sing

Perfect!!!

PKMN Master FRAZZE
Farting Nudist
Member # 2404

Member Rated:
posted 01-31-2002 01:31 AM      Profile for PKMN Master FRAZZE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why don't you give him pershis song as well
so it looks like this

Metronome
Belly drum
Sing
Pershis song

- - - - -
What's the use of the truth if you can't tell a lie?

From: Why the fuck do you care? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.