The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Mew Moveset

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mew Moveset
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2001 01:17 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEW
--Leftovers--
Sandstorm
Giga Drain
Softboiled
Fire Blast

Start up a sandstorm and Giga Drain or Recover as needed, while sandstorm wears them down. If they switch to a steel type to avoid damage from sandstorm then use Fire Blast, if they switch to a ROck Type, use Giga Drain. For problem pokemon, Use Fire Blast and go for a Burn (30% chance) and use Softboiled as Burn and sandstorm wears them down, while leftovers negates sandstorm damage.

Even better if this moveset moves in after Venusaur/Jumpluff/Exeg/ etc. has sleep powdered and leech seeded the opponent, and/or spikes have been dropped, to keep pokemon from switching.

Not good versus those things with Curse, but seems like it could last awhile in a PP battle ( even though those aren't very fun), T-Wave is definitely a threat.

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2001 06:39 AM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like this a lot, Mew has no probs with his stats and thus can be experimented on well.

Maybe have a mira berry in place of the leftovers, to protect against status effects.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2001 07:33 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
now that i think about it, I think Flamethrower should be there instead of FireBlast, as this guy is there to wear down an opponent, and needs all the pp he can get.
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2001 08:07 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just going to suggest that.

Yes flamethrower is best, not only does it have more Power Points but it still takes two to kill a steelix.

3 if Fireblast misses >_<

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2001 10:28 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
~Sweet Scent
~Blizzard/Zap Cannon
~Whirlpool
~Softboiled
*Leftovers*

Traps the opponent, uses Sweet Scent, then blasts away with the element attack. Inaccurate? Yes. Highly annoying? Definitely.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 11-28-2001 01:05 AM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mew@leftovers
sweet scent
fissure/horn drill
recover
whirlpool

That = ultimate evilness

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

°{-_-}°
Farting Nudist
Member # 2119

Member Rated:
posted 11-28-2001 03:13 PM      Profile for °{-_-}°   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not Recover. Softboiled.

- - - - -
:-*

psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 11-29-2001 12:31 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hehe

My mew:

mew @ twisted spoon
psychic
sunny day
solar beam
soft boiled

anothe rmew i used back in RBY was
psychic
double team
swift
explosion

or something like that (it was b4 i found azure)

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 11-30-2001 07:25 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For Mew I generally prefer...

Psychic, Earthquake, T-Wave, Softboiled @Leftovers

Horn Drill, Fissure, Sleep Talk, Rest @Mint Berry.

The only problems I see with the set with Sandstorm, is that you hit yourself with Sandstorm, Giga Drain is horrible, and there's only a 10% chance of a Burn with a Fire move besides Sacred Fire, so maybe you should switch to one of those. The OHKO set is always pretty good, Mint Berry is there in case you really need to get out and hit with a specific move and not risk an inneffective move possibility with Sleep Talk. The first set is my favorite, it's a pretty nice mix, IMO. Paralysis, Recovery, STABbed Special move and strong Physical move. But that's just me.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Pokemaniac Will ]

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.