The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » My Excellent (to make fun of) team. Please Rate

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Excellent (to make fun of) team. Please Rate
Internet Guy
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2192

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 04:30 PM      Profile for Internet Guy   Email Internet Guy      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here they are, in no order

Meganium
Giga Drain
Light Screen
Body Slam
Ancient Power
@Hard Stone

Tyranitar
Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Flamethrower
@Leftovers

Lanturn
Surf
Rain Dance
Thunder
Ice Beam
@MiracleBerry

Areodactyl
Wing Attack
Earthquake
AncientPower
Substitute
@Soft Sand

Espeon
Psychic
Sunny Day
HP Fire
Morning Sun
@Leftovers

Arcanine
Flamethrower
Curse
Extremespeed
Crunch
@Blackglasses

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 07:58 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meganium: Try safeguard over light screen and synthesis over one of the attacking moves and give it miracleberry.

Tyranitar: Boring standard.

Lanturn: Rain dance screws over everyone else on your team, so get that out of there. If you keep lanturn, use T-bolt, surf/ice beam, T-wave, and confuse ray with leftovers, or drop for starmie with the above set, but recover over confuse ray.

Aerodactyl: Give it leftovers.

Espeon: Since you have basically a sunny day team, this works pretty well.

Arcanine: Try dropping crunch for mintyrest, as once you finish or stop cursing, you're probably almost dead.

Overall: 3x ground weakness, and conflicting weather effects.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kniv3s
Farting Nudist
Member # 2369

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2001 02:40 AM      Profile for Kniv3s   Email Kniv3s   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meganium:Id suggest SwordsDance/BodySlam/AncientPower/GigaDrain

Tyranitar:Mmhmm...

Lanturn:I really don't know bout Raindance here, as ToS said, it screws over your team, use Starmie or some other. For Starmie Id use Surf/Psychic/Recover/ThunderWave or Thunderbolt. For Lanturn, use ToS's set.

Aerodactyl:Fix the item to something more useful, maybe Leftovers? SoftSand will help the atttack, but its just not as useful as Leftovers.

Espeon:Mmhmm...

Arcanine:Arcanine wont stay long enough to Curse that long, maybe Rest @MintBerry? If you like this set its ok. =\

Conclusion:This team has some problems with weaknesses. Work on it a bit more and it should be a solid team. GL ^^

- - - - -
T3h Sharp3st M0st 3vil M0d3rat0r 0f P0j0's 3ZB0ard

-Kniv3s

DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2001 08:56 PM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
::Sniff, Sniff:: I smell trouble when I see the words, "In no particular order." That´s just a bad symptom.

Meganium
Giga Drain
Light Screen
Body Slam
Ancient Power

He he.... hard stone.... Nothing really going on here. No power ups, just a straight attacker. Definitely trouble´s a brewing. At least its balanced.

Tyranitar
Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Flamethrower
@Leftovers

Hey! I have the same Tyranitar.... and still no poweruping moves...

Lanturn
Surf
Rain Dance
Thunder
Ice Beam
@MiracleBerry

I´m sick and tired of pokemon that only attack. Go with the Death Lanturn instead: Surf/ConfuseRay/DoubleTeam/Rest.

Aerodactyl
Wing Attack
Earthquake
AncientPower
Substitute
@Soft Sand

::sigh:: What´s the point of substitute if you don´t have anything specific designed for it. At most, this Aerodactyl can help a lot kicking OHKO team ass... But even then, Zapdos can do a better job at this than aerodactyl.

Espeon
Psychic
Sunny Day
HP Fire
Morning Sun
@Leftovers

How lame.... more attacking bastards.

Arcanine
Flamethrower
Curse
Extremespeed
Crunch
@Blackglasses

Standard. Perhaps the most strategical pokemon you have. I suggest leftovers instead of blackglasses for keeping power.

Diagnosis: Majour fire/earth weakness. Fire X3, Earth X3. All attack, only 1 selfish powerup. That´s it. There is no strategy, you have no STARTER, NOTHING. You WILL lose horribly to anyone with a decent strategy. YOU NEED A STRATEGY. You also need a hazer or pseudohazer or ANYTHING to protect yourself from those bastardish cursers, DTers, power uppers. This is a totally n00b team.

Rx: Baton Passer is soooo needed! Pseudohazer, hazer, foresighter, psych upper, heal beller... any one of those..... Totally revamp your team.

Scale: 4 out of 10. At least you cover selfish needs within the pokemon.

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.