The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Wobbuffet VS. Mewtwo

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wobbuffet VS. Mewtwo
theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2001 07:17 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Once I was battling two of my friends using Stadium 2 and one of the match-ups was Wobbuffet VS. Mewtwo. I DARED them to use psychic against my Wobbuffet. I kept using destiny bond and beat it in one hit! I don't reccommend using psychic to try and beat Wobbuffet.
Wobbuffet was at level 50.
Mewtwo was at level 42-77.
That's what happens when you have friends that are at a different skill level than you.

- - - - -
Come to my web site at http://geocities.com/theclaw135 . My message board is at http://pub081.ezboard.com/btheclaw135selectriccastle.

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2001 08:28 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's why, when you see Destiny Bond, you use Safeguard over and over to PP waste. If you're going to stall against Wobbuffet (which is pretty much your only option for Mewtwo) then useless moves should work.

Safeguard has 40 PP, Destiny Bond has 8.

Do the math.

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2001 02:39 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did your friend not know how destiny bond works?

- - - - -
"If you love someone, then let them enjoy another person, that's really love"

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2001 04:33 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats why you use mirror coat, to stall off mewtwo. Even at full power, it still takes 6 psychics to kill it, or 4 Ice beams/t-bolts, or 8 submissions (assume they all hit).

You can just stall it long enough to get rid of all its safeguards and recovers

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2001 07:17 PM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't destiny bond last until one or the other pokemon in switched?
Never mind . I'm stupid.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Frogjedi ]

- - - - -
-"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

From: I'm filing. Oh yes I'm filing. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 02:17 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's how "fate attachment" works...

Let's say Wobbuffet is using it.

Whenever Wobbuffet uses fate attachment, if the next move the opponent makes knocks out Wobbuffet, the opponent also faints. But, this must be an attack that causes damamge directly, not indirectly. So, Body Slam, Horn Drill, Psychic, Thunderbolt, double edge, etc...

If Wobbuffet were to die anyway of Poison, Burn, Perish Count, etc... the opponent would not die with him.

David Akihabara
Farting Nudist
Member # 2367

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2001 09:40 PM      Profile for David Akihabara   Email David Akihabara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frogjedi:
Doesn't destiny bond last until one or the other pokemon in switched?
Never mind . I'm stupid.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Frogjedi ]

Correct. Destiny Bond's effect is cancelled when you or the opponent switches out.

- - - - -
Fortes Fortuna Jurat

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.