The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » My First Team Rate

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My First Team Rate
Tux The Linux Penguin
Farting Nudist
Member # 1846

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2001 11:25 AM      Profile for Tux The Linux Penguin     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, I'm new here, and I just made a team this morning. It may or may not be any good, but keep in mind that I was in a sleep deprived state at such an early hour.

Cloyster@Leftovers
Spikes
Blizzard
Explosion
Surf

Works pretty well, it takes out pretty much all flying starters(zapdos, jumpluff, etc.). I'm debating between surf and rapid spin, although surf has proven more effective thus far.

Umbreon@Leftovers
Toxic
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Moonlight

I wish I had an attack on this guy, but then I'd have to replace one of my current moves, which are pretty valuable to this guy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Blissey@Leftovers
Return
Curse
Heal Bell
Softboiled

This gal's my heal beller and works alright as a tank if she gets set up(which isn't as hard as you think with mean look).

Alakazam@Miracle Berry
Psychic
Encore
Barrier
Recover

Basically, this guy is my answer to cursers, barrier a few times, do another encore, then pound them with psychic and hope for a SD drop. Recover is, well, for recovery. Being one of the fastest Pokemon in the game, encore works pretty much anytime it's needed. He can actually tank afterwards, although it'll take a few psychic's to kill the opponent.

Zapdos@Mint Berry
Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Rest

Attacks stuff, and psuedo-hazes stuff. I'm not sure if rest will prove to be very useful, so I'm open to suggestions.

Machamp@Mint Berry
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Counter
Rest

Standard Machamp, he's there to take care of normals, electrics, and flyers. He's kind of limited PP-wise, so I probably won't bring him out too often. Do you guys think rock slide would be better than counter?

The basic strategy here is to have Cloyster lay down spikes and KO as many Pokemon as he can. Then to bring out Umbreon, toxic lock the opponent, then pass to whoever can best resist that Poke. Then allow them to set up and sweep.

Any good suggestions are welcome.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Tux The Linux Penguin ]

From: Walla Walla, WA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2001 04:02 PM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First off, straighten out those items. Alakazam with leftovers? WTF? It's HP is horrible! Give it a Miracleberry instead, leave the Leftovers to Blissey, Umbreon and Cloyster. If Zapdos is going to rest (and unless he has HP water/grass/ice it's your best bet, sans Thunder Wave) give him a Mint Berry already! And if Umbry's gonna rest, do the same for him. Minty Rest is nice.

Now for the movesets. Cloyster is good, keep Surf. Umbreon's fine. You might want to give him Moonlight over rest, but it's according to your preference not mine. Blissey is nice, but why not give it return? No recoil and more PP is good, although it is a bit weaker. 'Champ is decent. Again, give Zappy Mint Berry. Alakazam is perfect. Encore is fun ^^. Barrier... meh, it helps 'Kazam's horrible defense, OK. Overall, nice team, good departure from the standards. Mostly.

- - - - -
Piss off not the kittens, lest they claw your balls off.

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tux The Linux Penguin
Farting Nudist
Member # 1846

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2001 04:09 PM      Profile for Tux The Linux Penguin     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the rate, and I fixed the items. Anyway, after thinking about it, I figure that since Umbreon has such great defense and since I have a heal beller, moonlight would be more practical.
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2001 06:28 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You might want to put Ice Beam over blizzard for better accuracy. Rapid spin could go there too.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2001 06:32 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you want rapid spin, don't expect an Explosion. Your move...
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
fastball77
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2148

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2001 08:11 PM      Profile for fastball77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cloyster@Leftovers
Spikes
Blizzard
Explosion
Surf

You could mira there, and maybe ice beam there instead ofblizzard, but it look ok.

Umbreon@Leftovers
Toxic
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Moonlight

This i the one thing I don't understand - if you have a spikes team, the purpose is to cause switches and let the opp. take on spikes damage. Why, then, trap the opponent, making spikes almos useful? That's just IMO anyway, the set looks fine

Blissey@Leftovers
Return
Curse
Heal Bell
Softboiled

Yea...these seem to be popping up more frequently..good set.

Alakazam@Miracle Berry
Psychic
Encore
Barrier
Recover

Works...just wath out for cursing skarmo...they can curse up s you barrier wiht them, then ww you out...but good set.

Zapdos@Mint Berry
Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Rest

Yep. Works fine.

Machamp@Mint Berry
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Counter
Rest

You could put fire blast instead of counter, since a smart trainer will curse up wiht skarmo....but counter works against other thins too, so it's your choice.

Good team...the only problem I have is with he spiker and then using trap/pass uby...but I already talked about that. Good team.

- - - - -
Under construction....

Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2001 10:57 PM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cloyster@Leftovers
Spikes
Blizzard
Explosion
Surf

I've always liked the idea of Rapid Spin/Spike Cloyster. The only drawback is you may not get to explode!

Umbreon@Leftovers
Toxic
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Moonlight

Mean look is all you bp though. That's rather dull. Add in a Curse or Double-team. With Curse you can use Bodyslam as an attack.

Blissey@Leftovers
Return
Curse
Heal Bell
Softboiled

Works for me. I doubted the Cursing Blissey for so long, but I was finally proven wrong.

Alakazam@Miracle Berry
Psychic
Encore
Barrier
Recover

I hate this guy. Standard set for a reason.

Zapdos@Mint Berry
Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Rest

What about Reflect or LS for Rest? That way you can Psuedo-pass too Machamp or Blissey also.

Machamp@Mint Berry
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Counter
Rest

I much prefer Fireblast to Counter because a ursed Skarmory is a PAIN. Both is pretty evil too, but you have to drop Rest or E-quake to do it.

I don't see many problems matchup wise. Machamp could be an issue for Cloyster, Blissey, and Umbreon, but that's what Explosion, Alakazam, and Drill Peck are for. Great job

- Luigi101

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tux The Linux Penguin
Farting Nudist
Member # 1846

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2001 10:42 AM      Profile for Tux The Linux Penguin     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Machamp could be an issue for Cloyster"

Have you seen Cloyster's defense lately? I highly doubt Machamp would be THAT big of a problem for Cloyster, especially when he's probably just gonna lay down spikes then explode.

Anyway, I'll probably put fire blast on Machamp, and I'm highly considering making some big modifications to Umbreon. A cursing Umbreon sounds pretty good, and would allow Blissey to get set up easier. Thanks for the rate Luigi.

FireMagmar
Farting Nudist
Member # 2238

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2001 11:32 AM      Profile for FireMagmar   Email FireMagmar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tux The Linux Penguin:
"Machamp could be an issue for Cloyster"

Have you seen Cloyster's defense lately? I highly doubt Machamp would be THAT big of a problem for Cloyster, especially when he's probably just gonna lay down spikes then explode.

Anyway, I'll probably put fire blast on Machamp, and I'm highly considering making some big modifications to Umbreon. A cursing Umbreon sounds pretty good, and would allow Blissey to get set up easier. Thanks for the rate Luigi.

And have you seen Cross Chop's Damage, it's CH ratio and Champ's Attack and Cloyster weakness and HP? No way, a CH CC eats the oyster outta its shell.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.