The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » A team I made for you to rate (So rate it)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A team I made for you to rate (So rate it)
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 11-17-2001 07:43 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Electrode @miracleberry
Screech
HP water
T-bolt
explosion

I've been using him on my explosion team lately, and he counters starting Jolt-wak combos very nicely. HP water in case they pass Maro a sub. Not meant to stick around long. Screech first, when they pass to wak, HP water to break the sub (if they made one) then blow up.

Starmie @miracleberry
T-wave
Surf
T-bolt
recover

Paralyzer and Special attacker. Kinda redundant after Trode, but trode isn't around long.

Clefable @leftovers
encore
psych up
return
moonlight

Encore a stat booster, then psych it up. Kill them while they endlessly repeat the stat booster, then kill whatever else you can.

Celebi @leftovers
Psychic
recover
psych up
baton pass

Psych, then pass. will probably last a while and can deal damage if it has to.

Golem @pink bow
Earthquake
rock slide
counter
explosion

Kinda standard, but I like it.

Arcanine @leftovers
curse
roar
extremespeed
flamethrower

Sweeper, and takes care of the need for both a fire move and a pseudo-hazer.

Rate/flame/etc.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 11-19-2001 04:39 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*BUMP*

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 11-19-2001 11:10 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still would like to know the purpose of Counter on Golem? Especially without any Light Screen around..what's the use? Who would ever use physical attacks on it? The rest is pretty good.

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 11-20-2001 12:09 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo X:
I still would like to know the purpose of Counter on Golem? Especially without any Light Screen around..what's the use? Who would ever use physical attacks on it? The rest is pretty good.

you don't think people use physical attacks on Golem?

you're retarded....

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2001 02:39 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are two reasons why to not use physical attacks against a Golem;

1) Golems pack Counter.
2) Special Attacks hurt it more.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2001 07:23 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Counter is because earthquake and cross chop are so common, and if they have a Machamp in, they're not going to switch when they can nail it with quake or cross chop. It's good for cursers too, IMHO.

- - - - -

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 11-20-2001 11:45 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EspeonNidoking:
you don't think people use physical attacks on Golem?

you're retarded....

retarded?!? Ummm..it's just a hell of a lot easier to knock off a Golem using special attacks (especially if you have a Grass or Water type out). Let's see..attacking with a physical attack (even if it is SE) while it's focused on the big defence of Golem, or attacking with a special attack (water 2x [i think] or grass 4x!!) focusing on the poor spc def of Golem (what is his spc. def. anyway?). I'd switch out a physical attacker in for even Venusaur, who could nail it with a CH 4xSE Razor Leaf (if you still have Razor Leaf on 'saur).

Now, I'm not the one who seems retarded, huh?

To anyone else who reads this, I'm not putting you down at all. Only people who call others retarded if they don't use physical attacks against Golem .

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 11-21-2001 12:43 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo X:

retarded?!? Ummm..it's just a hell of a lot easier to knock off a Golem using special attacks (especially if you have a Grass or Water type out). Let's see..attacking with a physical attack (even if it is SE) while it's focused on the big defence of Golem, or attacking with a special attack (water 2x [i think] or grass 4x!!) focusing on the poor spc def of Golem (what is his spc. def. anyway?). I'd switch out a physical attacker in for even Venusaur, who could nail it with a CH 4xSE Razor Leaf (if you still have Razor Leaf on 'saur).

Now, I'm not the one who seems retarded, huh?

To anyone else who reads this, I'm not putting you down at all. Only people who call others retarded if they don't use physical attacks against Golem .

go rape a canine you ape-humping n00b...

SPECIAL ATTACKERS ARE NOT MORE POPULAR THAN PHYSICAL ATTACKERS IN THE FUCKING METAGAME, get that through your dumbass head....

Golem WILL FUCKING TAKE PHYSICAL ATTACKS PERIOD!

Nidoking that has Surf is the only thing i can think of that would special attack Golem...now i'm not sure how much a Nidoking ice beam does to Golem, but i would think that a Nidoking Earthquake would do more damage to it...

Counter has proven to be good on Golem in today's metagame, so GOOD people will use it...

not everyone has Grass attacks available...and GOlem isn't going to be out against a water anyways...s.o what the fuck gives?

the point is: GOlem works well with Counter, because the opponent that uses the Golem will be smart enough to take out your grass/water pokemon before you have the chance to KO golem by using Special attacks...

you didn't help your case ONE FUCKING BIT!

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2001 06:23 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
T-tar or Draggy surf would take it out too. Counter works well against cursers and earthquake/cross chop. Nidoking's earthquake might do more damage, but since counter on golem is pretty common nowadays, they'd probably ice beam anyway. Counter's also fun to use against HP Zappy.

Now can we do something about the rest of the team, or is it perfect and there's nothing more I can do?

- - - - -

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 11-21-2001 10:48 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EspeonNidoking:
Counter has proven to be good on Golem in today's metagame, so GOOD people will use it...

Little do you know..that just helped prove my point about Counter on Golem. If Golem with Counter have proven to work well in the current metagame, people will be expecting that Golems will come equipped with Golem, therefore they won't use physical attacks against him. If an enemy know it's there, they will go around it. Not to mention that once you use Counter, it loses it's novelty. If the opponent didn't know you had Counter before, they do once you use it.
And again, water/grass pokes are not the only ones who use water/grass attacks. What happens if your opponent is saving an emergency Starmie in reserve? You wouldn't have a chance to knock it out before you bring out Golem if you leave him for last. Again, you might not know what poke has what move on it. Nidoking..what could it have? Surf, Blizzard, Ice Beam, T-Bolt, EQ, HyperBeam, RockSlide?? And this is just an example of 1 pokemon. Houndoom's with SolarBeam, possibly even old-school Lax's with Surf.

Anyway...

TOS..like I said earlier in the series of posts before this flamer came in to harass everyone, the rest of the team looks fine. You might be able to do some things to tweak it a bit, but the overall design is great.

- - - - -

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2001 08:32 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's see...Why put Counter on Golem?

BATTLE: Golem vs. Raikou!

SCENARIO 1:

Raikou uses HP Water! (292-344 damage)
Golem uses Earthquake! (282-332; remember that an HP Water Raikou loses 4 Defense and 16 HP)
Raikou uses HP Water! (292-344)
Golem fainted!

SCENARIO 2:

Raikou uses HP Water! (292-344)
Golem used Counter! (584-688)
Raikou fainted!

Counter on Golem CAN be useful--and not just against Machamp.

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 11-22-2001 05:15 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK..I'm done arguing on this topic. I don't like using Golem that much anyway. I'd rather stick to Rhydon for a Rock/Ground. And I'm kinda partial to RBY anyway, where there is no Counter.

- - - - -

CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 07:56 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Turbo X... you're a little flaming, aren't you? Not to mention a dippo-shit.

Just as someone proves you wrong, you don't go saying that you're done arguing the topic. You admit you're wrong, and then go on. An apology is also proper, as well. Don't be ignorant.

And I'm kinda partial to RBY anyway, where there is no Counter.

There is Counter in RBY. It doesn't work the same way it does in GSC, if that's what you meant. But it is existent, and can be somewhat useful.

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: CHaRiZaRd ]

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 11-24-2001 11:38 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My bad..I was thinking of Mirror Coat and got drawn in to the conclusion that Counter wasn't in RBY.

And anyway CHaRiZaRd..I didn't stop debating this topic because someone thinks they proved me wrong. If they think it's useful, so be it. I still don't think it is. I'd still rather use Sub, that's all there is to it. Don't go about saying that I'm some sort of pansy or flamer or whatever just because I don't conform to what everyone else uses, so just drop it, k? I mean this with no harm to anyone. I'd just rather argue about other things now. Consider it a moral victory for you guys if you want, it doesn't matter to me.
Anyway...*extends peace pipe to anyone he offended on this topic*

- - - - -

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 12:53 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ohh, yeah, Counter's useful becuase Water HP Raikous are sooo common. Not. HP Ice is, and a Golem countering HP Ice falls short of KOing Raikou, although it does leave it with a small silver of HP, it doesn't fully KO it. You then lose any suprise you would with Counter, have an opposing Raikou that may or may not be packing Rest still up and about, ready to be sacrificed in order for something to get a speed advantage over your Pokemon / not be hit when it switches in becuase of a sacrifical Raikou. On the split side, unless Golem had Rest, you'd now have something that would be predicted to Explode, or could work in the same sacrifical manner, but it'd be damned hard to get any use out of Counter after that. Same thing happens with HP Ice Zapdos, although HP Water Zapdos would go bye-buh from Counter. But, who in their right mind knowing about Golem's Counter would use HP Water on it, unless they had a Rain Dance up, the water-move booster (Mystic Drop, IIRC), or where damned sure they'd OHKO.

Counter on Golem can be useful, if your opponent is ignorant and using Water HP...

And Cursers...well, a Machamp would use Cross Chop versus Golem becuase it's got STAB over Earthquake. If they got one Curse under their belt, it's a 34.2% chance of OHKOing Golem. If they got 2 Curses, unless Golem can tote the same, it's going to be OHKO'd by a Cross Chop no matter what, although Machamp would be slower and Golem could damage it other ways, eg, Explosion (which, incidentally, would deal 57% to 67% versus a twice Cursed Machamp).

Against Snorlax, Golem would be in luck if Snorlax actually had Earthquake. otherwise, with Double-Edge, even at full cursing up, Golem's only going to get hit with 179-212 damage, countering back a measly 68% to 81% IF SNORLAX WAS FULLY MAXED OUT USING DOUBLE-EDGE, and that, is pathetic. It's not exactly going to be KOing a Curselax that totes Rest, now is it? It's no Curse Counter, so to speak.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Tghost ]

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 11:32 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThumbsOfSteel:
Electrode @miracleberry
Screech
HP water
T-bolt
explosion

Yuck! I hate hidden power, especially on electrics (DIE ZAPDOS!!!). If you're so afraid of mean old marowak/jolteon just start with a roaring Raikou. If not, Thunder Wave over HP (cause i HATE HP) and use Celebi to kill Marowak/Jolteon.

Starmie @miracleberry
T-wave
Surf
T-bolt
recover

k looks fine

Clefable @leftovers
encore
psych up
return
moonlight

Won't work. Once they're encored they'll switch, in case you belly drum. I just use Smeargle for stat boosters, since he's faster than most of them. Send him out and they have to switch or be Spored. Then you can Spike, Super Fang, or Leech Seed. Works like a charm. If you stick with Clefable try Submission/Shadow Ball/Thunder Wave over either Encore or Psych Up, although i doubt all combos of those attacks are possible. (submission or t-wave and encore)

Celebi @leftovers
Psychic
recover
psych up
baton pass

Worthless if they don't pump up. Try Ancient Power over Psych Up to raise your stats to pass while countering your weaknesses, OR just use my fav set...Psychic/Leech Seed/Heal Bell/Recover. You really need a beller anyway.

Golem @pink bow
Earthquake
rock slide
counter
explosion

Yeah it's good. I forgot about Counter on Golem. Leftovers still might be worth it. It's hard to tell with Golem and his weaknesses.

Arcanine @leftovers
curse
roar
extremespeed
flamethrower

I always go with Fire Blast, but I won't get into why cause it would take too long. Just try both out and decide. Looks fine, although Cursing Suicune and Earthquaking Curselax might be problems.

Rate/flame/etc.

Looks fine to me!

- - - - -
"All because of your no-good, dirty, rotten, pig-stealing grandfather!" - Just when we thought the Disney Channel's writers couldn't get any worse...

Kniv3s
Farting Nudist
Member # 2369

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2001 02:22 AM      Profile for Kniv3s   Email Kniv3s   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Electrode:Kool set, I recently made one: Swagger/Screech/Substitute/Explosion Or T-Wave. Its A Deadly Set, try it out.

Starmie:Good, Works.

Clefable:Nice set, Looks like it would work, maybe Curse somewhere in there, but this set works nicely.

Celebi:Mmhmm...

Golem:Mmhmm...

Arcanine:Mmhmm...

Conclusion:Nice Team, just a few kinks worked out and it will be great. ^^

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Kniv3s ]

- - - - -
T3h Sharp3st M0st 3vil M0d3rat0r 0f P0j0's 3ZB0ard

-Kniv3s

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.