The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » My First Team Rate, Hope It's Good!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My First Team Rate, Hope It's Good!!!
Quicksilver62160
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
posted 11-16-2001 02:43 PM      Profile for Quicksilver62160   Email Quicksilver62160   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyranitar "Earthshaker"
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-AncientPower
-Fire Blast
@ Leftovers

Makes a great starter! OHKO on Scizor/Forretress with the Fire Blast, and Ancient Power is great when you need that special power-up.

Starmie "Kraken"
-Psychic
-Surf
-Thunder Wave
-Recover
@ Miracle Berry

Lets face it, having Starmie PARed can be a major downer. With Recover I get that quick important heal, and this thing can even take on those Fire Blasting Machamps.

Machamp "Hercules"
-Cross Chop
-Light Screen
-HP Bug
-Rest
@ Mint Berry

I LS when I go in, wait for the PSychic, and a few hits later I down them with a power-ful HP Bug. Then I Minty Rest and keep attacking

Blissey "Evil Angel"
-Heal Bell
-Softboiled
-Ice Beam
-Light Screen
@ Leftovers

A little extra Light Screen support. Ice Beam is great for Zapdos and Grounds who I seem to have trouble with sometimes

Skarmory "Steel Harpie"
-Curse
-Drill Peck
-Whirlwind
-Rest
@ Leftovers

Every team needs a Psuedo-hazer, and I'd say that Skarm is probably the best one that you can find! Cursing and attacking, that's the best way to go

Raikou "Cerberus"
-Thunderbolt
-Crunch
-HP Grass
-Rest
@ Mint Berry

My own personal creation. HP Grass will nearly OHKO a Golem, so I Crunch and then HP Grass them, and it's immune to MC on Suicune! Mint Berry keeps him alive with his massive speed

JolteonG3
Farting Nudist
Member # 2146

Member Rated:
posted 11-16-2001 06:41 PM      Profile for JolteonG3   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonG3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just a few thoughts:

-Machamp may benifit from Earthquake more than it would from HP Bug. Sure, you lose being Super Effective against Phychics, but Bug Hp's power is rather low, and it's use is a bit too specialized for my tastes. Earthquake is useful in a wider variety of circumstances.

-3x fighting weakness might be a problem, but you have Skarmory and Starmie to take out fighting types. You still may want to consider using someone other than Tyanitar.

I hope this has been helpful. I'm not all the great of a strategist, so you may want to consult some more people before taking my advice.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: JolteonG3 ]

FireMagmar
Farting Nudist
Member # 2238

Member Rated:
posted 11-17-2001 07:42 AM      Profile for FireMagmar   Email FireMagmar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've already seen that team, I remember you, a mod of TPM. Back to topic, that Raikou is kinda obvious, Ampharos has a very similar set.
DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2001 08:19 PM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Azure! Hope I can help!

Tyranitar "Earthshaker"
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-AncientPower
-Fire Blast
@ Leftovers

Good point on starting forretress.... Maybe as a starter, this guy can use Curse over AncientPower better.

Starmie "Kraken"
-Psychic
-Surf
-Thunder Wave
-Recover
@ Miracle Berry

Duh, Starmie is psychic... it could take on almost any fighting type. ASMOF, DeathStarmie works substantially good with today´s Cursing teams. I´d switch Psychic with Confuse Ray, double team for recover. Leftovers instead of miracleberry. It can take on those nasty cursing types, or at least leave them very hurt, when you face cursers, Recover wont come close to saving you!

Machamp "Hercules"
-Cross Chop
-Light Screen
-HP Bug
-Rest
@ Mint Berry

::Newsflash:: Machamp is too slow and has too small of special D to be an effective mintrester. Most psychic types are fast AND have high SA. Equake IS much better than HP Bug, but HP Bug is so much better than Light Screen. Rest? Try Rock Slide. Make this your REAL cleaner and try to baton pass it some swords dance/agility to it to make some SERIOUS mayhem.

Blissey "Evil Angel"
-Heal Bell
-Softboiled
-Ice Beam
-Light Screen
@ Leftovers

Light Screen is great and all, but honestly: who the hell uses special attacks repeatedly on a blissey when they can physically attack it? Curse/DoubleEdge/Softboiled/Ice Beam is a VERY MUCH UNDERUSED moveset. HealBell is great to have, but not an utter necesity.

Skarmory "Steel Harpie"
-Curse
-Drill Peck
-Whirlwind
-Rest
@ Leftovers

Kid Tested, Mother Approved.

Raikou "Cerberus"
-Thunderbolt
-Crunch
-HP Grass
-Rest
@ Mint Berry

Massive speed? Nah. BTW, this guy is NOT part Dark, Mirror Coat WILL kick its ass. Reflect might be a better choice for rest.

Not a bad team. Great protection strategy, but you dont power-up yourself. A lot of D, but you lack bang.

Diagnosis: Good, great potential. Rate it a 6.5 of 10

Rx: A baton passer. A curser, swords dancer, i.e. anything that powers up attack or special attack. You need more testosterone on this team!

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.