The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Incęndio - Sunny Day Team!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Incęndio - Sunny Day Team!
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2001 01:02 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I aways wanted to build a Sunny Day team, so the time came. Since I´m very pride of my SpikeStorm team, here is my new project.

IIRC Meowth346 once did a SD team too. Does anyone remember how it was?

So, here is mine:

Arcanine@Miracleberry
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Extreme Speed

Start with Sunny Day unless there is some trouble coming. Then I switch for another poké who can enjoy the Sun. Iron Tail to surprise some Rock types, and Extreme Speed come almost in the end of battle, when all pokés are with low HP or fainted.

Jumpluff @ Miracle Seed
Encore
Stun Spore
Synthesis
Giga Drain

Its commom bring it to battle when the opponent makes a move which I can Encore with no problem, followed by Stun Spore. Synthesis can recover all HP with Sunny Day. Giga Drain isn´t that great, but it helps against some water pokés

Houdoom @ Brightpowder
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Crunch

Eh.... pretty standard and perfect for this team

Machamp @Blackbelt
Cross Chop
Earhtquake
Rock Slide
Light Screen

I was using Marowak. To reduce my Water Weakness, and stand against Umbreons & Tyranitars, I put Machamp. Don´t know if Light Screen helps that lot, but it is also not messing the things up.

Miltank@ Pink Bow
Return
Earhtquake
Psych Up
Milk Drink

Heal Bell is not so necessary in this team, so entered Psych Up to punish some dare cursing & drumming pokémon. Its Speed is amazing to make this! Machamp usually pseudo pass Light Screen to her

Crobat@ Leftovers (or King´s Rock?)
Wing Attack
Haze
Confuse Ray
Toxic

Crobat also enters in scene when I´m predicting an Earhtquake, or just to complement Stun Spore from Jumpluff. Haze is there if my Miltank fails, and Crobat´s speed helps a lot. What is better on it: Wing Attack or Fly?

Well, now it´s your turn!

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: JP Nogueira ]

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

JolteonG3
Farting Nudist
Member # 2146

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2001 05:16 PM      Profile for JolteonG3   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonG3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Look's good overall, but here are some of my observations.

Iron tail seems a bit unusual, but it could work. Consider Safeguard so you can prevent status problems, since you have no Heal Beller.

Also, you have a 3x weakness to Rock, which could be a problem.

Go with Wing Attack on Crobat. Fly's only useful when you're using Mean Look.

Well, that's all I see that could be a problem. Good work on the team!

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2001 06:25 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks JolteonG3
Iron Tail is doing a great job on Arcanine, as you yourself noticed the Rock weakness of my team. As Heal Bell, I think Safeguard isn't needed.

And this team is working very well!

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2001 06:50 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I demand you put Leech Seed on Jumpluff.

Fools that leave their Cursers in get pwned by it.

Since your sole purpose with Iron Tail is to nuke Rock types, wouldn't HP Grass be better?

(that, or using Entei instead...)

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 11-13-2001 10:26 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will test Leech Seed again, to see it fit well with this time.

HP Grass... it would do more damage than Iron Tail? I think Iron Tail is ok...
But it is something I should try later.

But no chance with Entei. I don't want any oficial legendary (according to Pokédex, Arcanine is a legendary Pokémon .

Talking seriouly, I think Arcanine is a trademark of any Sunny Day team

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Sy_ke
Farting Nudist
Member # 1842

posted 11-14-2001 08:23 AM      Profile for Sy_ke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JP Nogueira:
IIRC Meowth346 once did a SD team too. Does anyone remember how it was?

It was Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk who made a SD team. It was with kingdra/celebi/moltres/snorlax/marowak/jolteon I think :/. Maybe Meowth346 also made one but I don't remember...

- - - - -
YOU ARE DA WINNA! -Porygon

From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 11-14-2001 04:45 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Moltres is the trademark of any sunny day team. If you don't want any legendaries, stick with Arcanine, he's cool. Use HP grass though, cuz then you could take out waters too. Accuracy is a good thing too.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.