The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Another one of those boring team rate threads...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another one of those boring team rate threads...
shadowD
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2343

Member Rated:
posted 11-11-2001 02:51 AM      Profile for shadowD   Email shadowD      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know this forum is flooded with team-rating posts, but I need a rate for my team. Just this once, I promise. ^_^

ToughGuy / Golem @ Quick Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Explosion
Curselem. =) Pretty standard, I believe.

Muscle / Machamp @ Charcoal
- Cross Chop
- Fire Blast
- Foresight
- Rock Slide
A bit unorthodox, I think. Many people ask why I keep Foresight, and here's why -- Mean Looking, Toxic-ing, ~Double-Teaming~ Umbreons. Some even pack C-Ray or Baton Pass as well, and I really don't like that. Despite the standards I don't think Earthquake is really necessary. Convince me otherwise. Fire Blast to prevent Skarmory from eating this big lug for lunch.

Razor / Exeggutor @ Hard Rock
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Ancientpower
- Shadow Ball
An Exeggutor I came up with in my spare time, but I don't think I invented this. Giga Drain and Psychic for STAB. Ancientpower covers the common Fire, Flying and Ice weaknesses. Shadow Ball for an anti-Ghost weapon. Eggy's also my Psychic shield with S-Ball, seeing as how I don't have a Dark-type. I've found this set can toy around with Houndoom and Tyranitar a bit as well, provided I survive the first Fire Blast or Crunch...

Scorch / Typhlosion @ Soft Sand
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch
Standard attacking Typhlosion. Another Fire Blast TM is really gonna break me, so Flamethrower will have to do.

DeathStar / Starmie @ Leftovers
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Confuse Ray
- Thunder Wave
My starter. Should be self-explanatory. Electrode and Jolteon pose a threat towards it, but it's fine otherwise. Ice Beam over Recover because I lack an anti-Dragonite counter, and Leftovers will hopefully keep this guy alive a while longer while paralysis and confusion do their stuff.

The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 11-14-2001 06:26 PM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know about Curse on Golem, he's slow enough as he is. I guess that's why Quick Claw is there but it works only about 10% of the time, I think. Not very reliable, if you ask me. You might want to have some Agility passed to him, maybe through a Scizor you can fit somewhere, if you want to keep Curse. If not, you could try Rest, instead.

If you don't like Toxic-ing Umbreon, give Machamp Miricle Berry. Give it Roar if it can learn it. Maybe it'll help with the Umbreon?

The Typhlosion could work, I put Return over Sunny Day,on mine, though.

Ok, there's my sudgestions. I hope it was of help.

- - - - -
It's too hard to think of a signature.

From: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.