The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Tangela woes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tangela woes
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 05:11 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First of all, Amnesia Tangela is a great big barrel of laughs in RBY, what with 900 power Health-restoring Mega Drains.

However, it seems that every time I get it successfully set up, a Charizard comes in and quickly criticals it.

Thus, another Elemental attack on board would be a great asset. However, Tangela's only other option would be Confusion. Good enough, I think.

During the past twenty minutes, I tried looking up a way to get both moves onto Tangela at the same time. I had to figure out how Amnesia got there in the first place (through Hoppip, the only way) and Hoppip bred for Confusion as well. So, Tangela could easily get Confusion and Amnesia from Hoppip, if only they both weren't breed moves for Hoppip as well.

This is as far as I've gotten:
Tangela is group 7 only.
Hoppip is group 6/7.

As far as I know, the only Pokémon who CAN have Amnesia and Confusion at once are Girafarig (5), Smeargle (5), Slowpoke (1/2) and Nidoran (1/5), meaning breeding with either Tangela or Hoppip is impossible. Is there any I'm missing?

Confusion would be pretty useless without Amnesia...
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 05:39 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I came to this same conclusion a while back. Itr looks like the closest thing you can have on Tangela is Growth and Confusion. It's slower, so you're less likely to get it up.

And yes, you forgot Golduck (Stadium Prize) and Mewtwo (move relearner.) But that makes little difference for breeding to Tangela.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.