The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Team Rate Please.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Team Rate Please.
Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 11:20 AM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here it is. Slightly crystal.

Qwilfish @leftovers
surf
sludge bomb
spikes
icy wind
I needed to fill this spot with something, and icy wind really works well with my team. Electrics/Psychics are the only things fast enough to OHKO him before he lays spikes, so I like it.

Clefable @leftovers
belly drum
return
encore
moonlight
I saw Fish using a Clefable, and it got me thinking. I came up with this. Quite good. Misdreavus even has troubles with it. Today it took out a t-tar, machamp, zapdos, and snorlax all in one battle before going down. Heavy Duty.

Scizor @leftovers
Hidden Power Bug
SD
Agility
BP
I'm very close to going back to my return, HP bug, SD, rest @mint berry scizor. This team just doesn't really have a good candidate for BPing to (except I did sweep a team BPing two SDs and agility to qwilfish). I just wanted to give BP a try, since I haven't used it ever before really.

Blissey @leftovers
LS
Edit: Sing instead of reflect
Softboiled
Heal Bell
I like it very much. Completely supports the mostly weak defenses of the team.

Houndoom @leftovers
Crunch
Fire blast
Sunny day
counter
Hahahaha. Counter is just too good. He sets up sunny day, they usually bring out a ground or water, then I switch to...

Exeggutor @leftovers
AP
Solar beam
Synthesis
sunny day
Sunny day is just incase houndoom goes down to keep eggy from being completely useless. You'd be surprised what it can do with an AP boost. His main enemy is skarmory, and...of course...fire attackers.

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Nitro ]

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Nitro ]

- - - - -
"Hahaha. No one will EVER wipe that shit eating grin off his face."~Fish commenting on Cloyster.
----
ok let's use curselax wtf i win~LugiaStorms philosophy of how to play G/S.

Nin10d0h
Farting Nudist
Member # 1911

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 02:00 PM      Profile for Nin10d0h     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blissey cannot learn both Reflect and Heal Bell.

- - - - -
-Nin10d0h

Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 03:47 PM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for catching that.

- - - - -
"Hahaha. No one will EVER wipe that shit eating grin off his face."~Fish commenting on Cloyster.
----

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quilfish: unfortunately, electrics are pretty common starters. Not much else he can do.

Clefable: Nice, even better if Scizor gets it an agility.

Scizor: Standard. You probably should use your first set, although I'd recommend agility instead of swords dance.

Blissey: I guess it could work, although I support the use of at least one attack on each poke. Too often when your losing, you'll be stuck with her as your last poke and unable to do anything. Present could work, probably over sing.

Houndoom: Doom's low defense won't let it counter much that it's weak too, and I believe earthquake is still popular enough to worry about. While your stuck against an un-stat-boosted enemy without a SE attack, it's good, but cursers, etc. are still pretty popular. Looks OK otherwise.

Eggy: I use this set myself (or used to) and there's nothing wrong with it. Mine had scope lens though.

Overall: 3x fighting weakness. Nothing to deal with cursers either (Houndoom won't work), so just beat them down before they can set up. If not, you're screwed. Nice bit of underused here.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 09-28-2001 03:41 PM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I may put pursuit over counter on houndoom because it basically seals the deal against misdreavus. If not, I guess I'll use solar beam, but I really don't see much point in solar beam considering that I can crunch starmie, suicune would mirror coat solar beam, and I have eggy for the grounds and rocks.

As for cursers, I have two options. I can sing them with blissey (It'd have to work the first or second time). Or, I could simply bring in clefable. Encoring curse would let me freely BD, and then return them to death. They'd be cutting the damage every turn, since they are cursing, but they won't be able to beat clefable considering BD will still allow return to do a lot of damage and if the encore ends to quickly, I can simply encore right away again and they'll never ever get off an attack.

- - - - -
----

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 09-28-2001 07:47 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
suicune would mirror coat solar beam

Mirror Coat doesn't affect Dark types.

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tyranitar 101
Farting Nudist
Member # 2124

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2001 01:37 AM      Profile for Tyranitar 101        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Qwilfish: What are you doing with this worthless peice of $#!% on you team. Use crystal Cloyster

Clefable: I like it

Scizor: Use the attacking Scizor set.

Blissey: Not bad, Just get rid of sing for whatever. Sing suxs

Houndoom: Counter won't work at all. His defense is way too low

Eggy: Can't see a problem

- - - - -
The loner from Mt. Silver

It ain't bragging if ya can back it up.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2001 04:37 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
suicune would mirror coat solar beam

This is why Houndoom always beats a Suicune switching into a Sunny Day.

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

Š 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.