The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » My be-all end-all team, I hope

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My be-all end-all team, I hope
Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 09-16-2001 05:22 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My ideal Breeding Ditto, snagged from Pokémon Blue with a Masterball, has churned out so many eggs that it's at level one hundred just from being in the Daycare. Thank Goddish for Dodrio Mode. ^^

Anyway, after breeding a whole box full of Pokémon with varying numbers of perfect genes (and two with TOTALLY perfect genes! XD), Sexmachine the Ditto is partaking of a well-deserved rest, and a team has been formed...

(DV chart: HP/ATT/DEF/SPCL/SPD)

1. BLASTOISE (Snaptrap - Male)
Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Haze / Rest
w/ Miracleberry
DVs: 15/13/15/15/15

I'd rather have a Hazing Blastoise than a Roaring Suicune. And if you've used Blastoise in Stadium 2, you'll know why Hydro Pump is a must.

2. CELEBI (It's, uh, a Celebi)
Psychic / Giga Drain / Heal Bell / Recover
w/ Miracle Seed
DVs: 0/4/6/14/12

Good Lord, what shitty DVs my Celebi was cursed with! And yet it still kicks ass somehow! XD Now, if I actually believed that Celebi, with its litany of weaknesses, wouldn't be in a constant state of danger, I'd use Leech Seed, but as it stands...

3. HOUNDOOM (Lilith - Female)
Crunch / Fire Blast / Sunny Day / Solarbeam
w/ Blackglasses
DVs: 15/3/15/15/13

Meh. Really, I'd prefer to use my perfect Charizard (XD). But it'd give me too many Electric weaknesses...

4. JOLTEON (Spyke - Male)
Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave / Roar / Substitute
w/ Leftovers
DVs: 15/15/7/15/15

Spyke has been with me since the RBY days, and I intend to keep him, but I don't know what to do with him other than assign him to Pseudohazing duties. Any help?

5. MAROWAK (Rathbone - Male)
Body Slam / Earthquake / Rock Slide / Substitute
w/ Thick Club
DVs: 15/15/15/15/5

Rathbone fancies himself quirky and avant-garde. Or maybe he's just crappy, I don't know.

6. SCYTHER (Nadia - Female)
Wing Attack / Reversal / Swords Dance / Endure
w/ Focus Band
DVs: 7/6/15/15/15

Scyther is badass, and I hate all the Fighting-types. (Except maybe Heracross, who's too slow for my purposes.) Nadia's Attack DV of 6 puts her Attack rating at 300 even. Yup.

*Teleports out*

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Velox ]

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Velox ]

- - - - -
-Mysterious Priest Velox

From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
cursed_snorlax
Farting Nudist
Member # 2044

Member Rated:
posted 09-16-2001 05:26 PM      Profile for cursed_snorlax   Email cursed_snorlax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL ! a marowak with dv 15 15 15 15 you can never batonpass sworddance to it. the dv will reset then.

- - - - -
come to the #BN_pokéchat on Mirc.
tell your frends to :)

Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 09-16-2001 05:35 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
>>LOL ! a marowak with dv 15 15 15 15 you can never batonpass sworddance to it. the dv will reset then.

Notice that I don't own a Baton Passing Swords Dancer.

- - - - -
-Mysterious Priest Velox

gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 09-16-2001 11:41 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Home grown team, original, well balanced, very, very nice.

I'm not sure how willing/capable you are to make changes. You probably don't want to change pokes and are playing item clause. I'll assume anything else is fair game.

The first thing I notice is the lack of a truly dedicated opener. Attract over Roar on Jolt could do the job, although Roar is what makes him interesting. I'm not really sure about it though. It's be good just because nobody really sees Jolt as a Roarer, and that could really help it out, but on the other hand, I don't think it's going to be able to give up very many free hits.

Celebi, well, I don't know if the Leech Seed/leftovers strategy will work if you're using crap DVs, so go ahead with Giga Drain.

I recommend Fire Blast over Body Slam on 'Wak. It's only really useful for Skarmory/Rorty/Scizor, but if the send out out after you sub, it'll be an unpleasant surprise. Also, those are amoung the very few that can really take a hit from him.

As far as the items, I think it might be a good idea to give Mint to Blastoise and Mira to Houndoom. Also, Brightpowder may be viable on Scyther to exploit the low accuracy of Fire Blast and Rock Slide.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to say. This is a very well designed and well balanced team. I can't think of a single non-legendary that you wouldn't be able to handle. Nice work.

StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 12:32 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. BLASTOISE (Snaptrap - Male)
Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Haze / Rest
w/ Miracleberry

This is an extremely confused starter. You have Blastoise as your starter AND a Hazer, that's just not going to work too well.

2. CELEBI (It's, uh, a Celebi)
Psychic / Giga Drain / Heal Bell / Recover
w/ Miracle Seed

Meh, I'd switch Giga Drain for something else. First of all Giga Drain isn't very powerful even with STAB and you're probably not going to be facing many things weak to grass anyway. I'd go with either another attack or Safeguard seeing as Celebi is still pretty much a support Pokemon.

3. HOUNDOOM (Lilith - Female)
Crunch / Fire Blast / Sunny Day / Solarbeam
w/ Blackglasses
DVs: 15/3/15/15/13

Too standard for my tastes, it's too predictable.

4. JOLTEON (Spyke - Male)
Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave / Roar / Substitute
w/ Leftovers

Roar on Jolteon isn't very good, it's too likely to take too much damage before Roaring. The only good replacement move would I can think of would be Reflect. Also, did you get this from your breeding Ditto? You said you've had it since your RBY days but I find it hard to believe that you got in RBY with such good DVs, though that is entirely possible. But my point is that if you did get this from your breeding Ditto then it should have a defense IV of 15.

5. MAROWAK (Rathbone - Male)
Body Slam / Earthquake / Rock Slide / Substitute
w/ Thick Club

As good as a Marowak without support gets, I suppose.

6. SCYTHER (Nadia - Female)
Wing Attack / Reversal / Swords Dance / Endure
w/ Focus Band

Scyther does indeed rock Focus Band likely won't do you much good as an attachment, but Brightpowder might actually cause some bad because you don't want the opponent to miss on the turn that you use Reversal.

- - - - -
[blank]

From: Auburn, WA, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 12:31 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Definitely put Attract over Roar on Jolt. It does basically the same thing anyways, only saves your ass in the meantime.
Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 12:47 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
>>The first thing I notice is the lack of a truly dedicated opener. Attract over Roar on Jolt could do the job, although Roar is what makes him interesting. I'm not really sure about it though. It's be good just because nobody really sees Jolt as a Roarer, and that could really help it out, but on the other hand, I don't think it's going to be able to give up very many free hits.

Most people start with Jolteon...so I start with Marowak. ^.^ If it's one of those Ice Power bastards, I switch; otherwise, the opponent does. And the switch allows Marowak to get his Sub up...

>>Celebi, well, I don't know if the Leech Seed/leftovers strategy will work if you're using crap DVs, so go ahead with Giga Drain.

Yeah...really his Special DV (14) is his most endearing trait...

>>I recommend Fire Blast over Body Slam on 'Wak. It's only really useful for Skarmory/Rorty/Scizor, but if the send out out after you sub, it'll be an unpleasant surprise. Also, those are amoung the very few that can really take a hit from him.

Duly noted.

>>As far as the items, I think it might be a good idea to give Mint to Blastoise and Mira to Houndoom.

You're right.

>>This is an extremely confused starter. You have Blastoise as your starter AND a Hazer, that's just not going to work too well.

Not my starter; just the first thing I happened to write down.

>>Meh, I'd switch Giga Drain for something else. First of all Giga Drain isn't very powerful even with STAB and you're probably not going to be facing many things weak to grass anyway. I'd go with either another attack

He doesn't get any other decent attacks...and I don't want another Solarbeam.

>>or Safeguard seeing as Celebi is still pretty much a support Pokemon.

Also possible...

>>Too standard for my tastes, it's too predictable.

Predictable maybe, but that won't change a lot. And people might be wary of using physical attacks if they suspect it to be a Countering Houndoom... ^_^

>>Roar on Jolteon isn't very good, it's too likely to take too much damage before Roaring.

Hence, Substitute.

>>The only good replacement move would I can think of would be Reflect. Also, did you get this from your breeding Ditto? You said you've had it since your RBY days but I find it hard to believe that you got in RBY with such good DVs, though that is entirely possible. But my point is that if you did get this from your breeding Ditto then it should have a defense IV of 15.

He's from RBY. But consider the fact that I went through two Jolteons before I got one this good...

>>Scyther does indeed rock Focus Band likely won't do you much good as an attachment, but Brightpowder might actually cause some bad because you don't want the opponent to miss on the turn that you use Reversal.

Sharp Beak? ^^;

- - - - -
-Mysterious Priest Velox

Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 12:50 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
>>Definitely put Attract over Roar on Jolt. It does basically the same thing anyways, only saves your ass in the meantime.

I think you're forgetting that my Jolteon is male. ^_^; Male Attracters generally suck...

- - - - -
-Mysterious Priest Velox

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 03:08 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Velox:
>>Definitely put Attract over Roar on Jolt. It does basically the same thing anyways, only saves your ass in the meantime.

I think you're forgetting that my Jolteon is male. ^_^; Male Attracters generally suck...

It depends on who you play against. Most garden variety players that you'd fight on the street, considering that this is a Real Life team, as opposed to being GS bot, is that most of them are too lazy to bother with making sure all of their Pokemon have good DVs, etc. I'd think that whatever you fight with this team wouldn't really be of high strategic quality, so I'd say go ahead and throw Attract on him anyways.

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 08:22 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The movesets are fine, but overall..

Blastoise might work if you don't mind sacrificing a Poke to dispose of a fully-cursed opponent, but personally I wouldn't use it (or Suicune for that matter). He used to be all the rage amongst the Pojoers, but even with his now-decent SDef he's still off the viable list IMHO due to bad stats.

Celebi: Erg, sucks about the DVs. Given those, I'd say you've got the best set for him, DT isn't going to work and neither will Leech Seed.

Scyther, well, Agility over Wing Attack would have given you Jolteon owning ability as well..but I guess it's not needed given the current metagame.

Fire Blast on Wak over Body Slam, yes.

Jolteon doesn't want Roar, give him Reflect.

You have a Snorlax problem, a typical ProleLax will own Jolteon, Houndoom (Counter won't scare them off if they know they can OHKO it), Scyther..you really have nothing capable of removing Curse users (other than Blastoise, which is going to fold after Hazing about two).

If it weren't for GSbot though, I'd say this team was pretty damn good.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Velox
Farting Nudist
Member # 913

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 09:19 PM      Profile for Velox   Author's Homepage   Email Velox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
>>Blastoise might work if you don't mind sacrificing a Poke to dispose of a fully-cursed opponent, but personally I wouldn't use it (or Suicune for that matter). He used to be all the rage amongst the Pojoers, but even with his now-decent SDef he's still off the viable list IMHO due to bad stats.

The idea is not to let ANYTHING get fully Cursed. Y'know, Curse only has 10 PP, and Haze has 30. Blastoise can afford to use Haze a whole hell of a lot.

>>Scyther, well, Agility over Wing Attack would have given you Jolteon owning ability as well..but I guess it's not needed given the current metagame.

Agility won't help if Jolteon has enough foresight to hit Scyther with Thunder Wave. -_-

>>You have a Snorlax problem, a typical ProleLax will own Jolteon, Houndoom (Counter won't scare them off if they know they can OHKO it), Scyther..you really have nothing capable of removing Curse users (other than Blastoise, which is going to fold after Hazing about two).

Okay, what about this? Before Scyther was on there I was using a Hitmontop with Hi Jump Kick / Swagger / Rest / Curse. Would that be a viable Antilax? ^.^

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Velox ]

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Velox ]

- - - - -
-Mysterious Priest Velox

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2001 12:45 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The idea is not to let ANYTHING get fully Cursed. Y'know, Curse only has 10 PP, and Haze has 30. Blastoise can afford to use Haze a whole hell of a lot.

The question is, can it afford to switch in?

Agility won't help if Jolteon has enough foresight to hit Scyther with Thunder Wave. -_-

True, but it depends if you can get set up or force your opponent to stick around. I was really referencing to the fact that if you do get that thing set up, and your opponent switches in Jolteon after a kill, Scyther's already dead.

Okay, what about this? Before Scyther was on there I was using a Hitmontop with Hi Jump Kick / Swagger / Rest / Curse. Would that be a viable Antilax?

I'd thought about a similar set (DT over Swagger), but I'm not really sure how much luck you'll have beating it in a Curse match. However, you do need something else that can power up, so I'd give it a try.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.