The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » BOOM, a rate my team topic(yeah, again.)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BOOM, a rate my team topic(yeah, again.)
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 09:09 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BOOM.
Fun Explosion Team

Exeggutor @miracleberry
Stun spore
Sleep powder
Psychic
Explosion

The double-powder Eggy from R/B/Y. Fun.

Electrode @Pink bow
T-wave
Explosion
T-bolt
Sub

I love Trode. Any better ideas?

Golem @leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Counter
Explosion

Fun. Hopefully he can take out more than one.

Cloyster @Pink bow
Surf
Ice beam
Spikes/Protect (can an unSTABed T-bolt kill it?)
Explosion

One of my favorites. Spikes, then blow up. Pink bow for more power.

Snorlax @Quick Claw
Fire blast
Double edge
Counter
Selfdestruct

A set I've seen suggested before. I like it.

Entei @leftovers
Fire Blast
Swagger
Psych up
Return

My standard. It doesn't have the special attack to use the Sunnybeam set IMO, and this is much better, especially if it can catch a curser off guard.

Potential problems:
Whether Entei can take a hit after swagger.
Ghosts, namely Missy.
If they can take out enough without exploding.
3x ground weakness.

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: ThumbsOfSteel ]

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 11:04 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Exeggutor @miracleberry
Stun spore
Sleep powder
Psychic
Explosion

My advice is to have Stun Spore or Sleep Powder (not both). Ditch one of the attacks for some other attack Exeggutor can learn. Take advantage of his/her/it's Grass type and teach it Giga Drain maybe?

Electrode @Pink bow
T-wave
Explosion
T-bolt
Sub

Evil-Effective-Efficient
(???) Hehe, go with it.

Golem @leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Counter
Explosion

Ahh, very evil, do it!

Cloyster @focus band (does it work with explosion)
Surf
Ice beam
Spikes/Protect (can an unSTABed T-bolt kill it?)
Explosion

I don't know for sure if a focus band can save you if you are the one to use explosion, I really am not sure on that. Either way, I think that Spikes would be better than Protect. Protect would just delay the inevitable and should be used only when you have toxiced/leech seeded the opponent or something. As for the unstabed tbolt killing it I also dunno.

Snorlax @Quick Claw
Fire blast
Double edge
Counter
Selfdestruct

Fire Blast to deal with Skarmory that people just seem to think is invinsible for some reason . I think this Snorlax can work.

Entei @leftovers
Fire Blast
Swagger
Psych up
Return

Teach it EXPLOSION! More Splosions more Splosions! (j/k) Seems like it could work, I highly recommend not using Fire Blast, it may just be me, but I prefer Flamethrower for it's better accuracy.

Overall, for an explosion team, not a bad idea. Good luck.

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-15-2001 03:28 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FB won't save you from explosion, as explosion does not do damage to your poke, the Poke fainting is a secondary cost to use the attack.
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-15-2001 07:33 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Changing it now then.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 05:20 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*BUMP*

- - - - -

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 09-18-2001 08:21 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seem to get the feeling that this team was stolen from Yay Porygon.
Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 09:27 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes. Your Lax = pwnage.

Just maybe go with
Flamethrower (Crystal)
Body Slam
Counter
Selfdestruct

Flamethrower even with the low special attack may seem stupid. But sometimes Fire Blast runs out of PP with all the switch wars GS has. And then Fire Blast just seems to miss...at the WORST possible times. Your choice but whatever.

- - - - -
AvatarST2: I don't wanna smoke, cuz if I like it, I'll end up doing it.

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 09:48 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seem to get the feeling that this team was stolen from Yay Porygon.

What? I obviously wasn't here long enough and didn't see it. I also made this team(mostly, minor moveset changes) long before I came to Azure. Oops.

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.