The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » I beg u...to the only not-n00b infested board pleas rate my team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I beg u...to the only not-n00b infested board pleas rate my team
tete
Farting Nudist
Member # 1410

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 06:47 PM      Profile for tete   Email tete   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
electrode@leftovers
swagger
thunder_wave
thunderbolt
substitute

Marowak@t-club
EQ
rockslide
screech
swagger

scyther@miracleberry
rest
swords_dance
bug hp
wing attack

miltank@leftovers
standard (earthquake)

gengar@miracleberry
thunderbolt
icepunch
firepunch
haze

umbreon@leftovers
psych_up
baton_pass
return
shadow_ball

Please rate it

- - - - -
Snorlax Rules

From: Guatemala,Guatemala | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 08:54 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trode: Screech if you want swagger. Explosion should be on there.

Marowak: OK

Scyther: May work.

Miltank:...

Gengar: T-bolt, Giga drain, haze, confuse ray/destiny bond/spite.

Umbreon: Maybe curse on there somewhere. If your opponent isn't using stat-raising, you're in trouble.

Overall: Creative, but doesn't look like it will run too well in certain conditions. Big machamp problem. Scyther could do it if he were set up when he came in, if not, your team is in bad shape.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
tete
Farting Nudist
Member # 1410

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 09:29 PM      Profile for tete   Email tete   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Machamp Hasn't been a problem yet and won't be so I'm not affraid of it

- - - - -
Snorlax Rules

From: Guatemala,Guatemala | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 10:53 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
electrode@leftovers
swagger
thunder_wave
thunderbolt
substitute

Hmmm, most would maybe suggest Swagger & Screech, I would possibly not recommend that. Electrode is very fast, you'll go first in battle. Do a Swagger first, then a thunder wave. I would put Explosion over Substitute maybe? Unless Substitute is there so your Electrode can use it to avoid Confuse Rays & Toxics, etc... If that's the case, go ahead and leave Substitute.

Marowak@t-club
EQ
rockslide
screech
swagger

Ok, I would TOTALLY redo this Marowak, forgive me for saying it like that, but, I would go Earthquake, Rockslide, 70 Bug Hidden Power, and Swords Dance @ t-club (Standard NickWak, very effective if Baton Passed an agility & a substitute)

scyther@miracleberry
rest
swords_dance
bug hp
wing attack

Could work

miltank@leftovers
standard (earthquake)

Go with the Evil Miltank

gengar@miracleberry
thunderbolt
icepunch
firepunch
haze

Hmmm, I would kinda be against using a Gengar with any moveset, just because it's part poison. If your opponent's Pokémon that could take down Gengar has already been eliminated, then bring in Gengar, otherwise, don't send em in. Not bad movesets though, but, ehh, there could be somethin better, see what others say.

umbreon@leftovers
psych_up
baton_pass
return
shadow_ball

No offense, but Umbreon is not meant to be an attacker. It's attack stats are kinda lousy. Umbreon is best as a Mean Looker and a Baton Passer. You can keep Psych Up and Baton Pass if you like. Totally get rid of Return and Shadow Ball as they will barely do any damage to the enemy or something. How about Baton Pass, Psych Up, [Stat Up Move], and Moonlight.

Use Moonlight when low on power. The Stat Up move could be what you think your team needs to survive, I.E. Double Teams, Curses, etc...

Hey, good luck with your team.

gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 11:44 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
'Trode-

I never really like seeing swagger there. Paracon is nice, but not when you end up supercharging an incoming physical attacker. I strongly recommend trying to take advantage of its defensive abilities, esspecially if it could buy Marowak a few extra turns. If you can find room for Reflect or Light Screen, put 'em in.

Wak-

I don't like the idea of Swaggering when you could be doing a zillion points of damage per turn. Unless its just there to buy you time to screech against something you're worried may be packing Counter. Even then, I think SD would be a better idea than screech. Fire Blast is viable for Skarmories. Or you could just go ahead with that Bug HP thingie....

Scyther -

Not bad. I'd consider BP over rest, as unlike Scizor, Scyther doesn't have an absolute need for Agility. Even with Restbell, the thing really isn't built to last.

Gengar -

Yeah, special attacking Gengar is good. I'd recommend trying to find room for Destiny Bond or Explosion. Probably over TBolt, as IP is good for countering grounds, and FP is your only fire move....

Umby-

Psych Up/BP is interesting. I'm not sure if you're team is really set up to take advantage of it though. If you steal Curses, you don't have anything to pass to that can cancel out theirs. Also, you'd probably be better off using support with Umby, rather than attacking.

Overall concerns include the complete lack of a Roarer. That would not only give you less fear from trappers, but give you a great option for someone to pass to from Umby. After your enemy curses, you psyche up, BP, Roar 'em away. You'll be set up, they won't be. This strategy could also work very well because the hypothetical roaring recipient could be someone with better staying power than Murkrow, Persian, or Stantler. They also will have enough room in their moveset to take advantage of the setup.

I strongly recommend putting someone on this team who isn't weak to either Fighting, Rock, and Earth. Those are three weaknesses that shouldn't be shared amoung every member of a team.

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-15-2001 03:26 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks good Taytay. The Electrode seems more like a Pimpjolt counter more than anything, however, don't swagger a meanpassing umbreon, whatever you do. :/

Everything else seems okay, but the Gengar could use like Confuse Ray or Destiny Bond over one of the punches. 358 SA is great, but you can only do so much with 75 base moves. I like the Umbreon, he seems like he'd rock vs a curse heavy team, and be able to pass the goods to something with different weaknesses than himself.

Overall, good work.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.