The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Nidoking moveset help please.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nidoking moveset help please.
Andrusus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1657

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2001 07:43 PM      Profile for Andrusus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wondering What move I should teach my Nidoking. Thunderbolt or Ice Beam.

????
Potect
Surf
Earthquake

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2001 08:04 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I would go T-Bolt, for Skarms and other flyers...
From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
JolteonG3
Farting Nudist
Member # 2146

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2001 08:08 PM      Profile for JolteonG3   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonG3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd recommend changing around your moveset somewhat, if that is ok with you. I don't realy see protect as all that valuable, could you explain its purpose in the moveset? Also, Nidoking is able to learn Amnesia, and due to his sub-par Special Defence and many special weaknesses, I'd recommend it. This is the moveset I'd suggest you use

Earthquake
Amnesia
last two: choose from Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/ Shadow Ball/Fire Blast (Flamethrower)/Counter

Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball are all good moves that cover his weaknesses very well. As I have very little battle experience, I wouldn't know what is a common threat where you battle, so I suggest you choose the attacks. Counter is good if you are able to increase your special defence considerrably and your opponent resorts the physical attacks, but its usefulness is someone limited. I don't recommend Surf, since Fire types are already coverred by Earthquake and Surf is only superior to Ice Beam when fighting Rock/Ground types, whuch seem to have become less used in GSC (this is, remember, my personal experience, which may not be accurate). Putting Fire Blast or Flamethrower on it may also be useful if you face a lot of Steel types and choose not to use Thunderbolt (since Skarmory is a majot threat)

Also, Nidoking can pull off Fish's OHKO Tauros moveset (Horn Drill, Fissure, Rest, Sleep Talk), but due to worse stats and more weaknesses, if you go the OHKO route, you're best off using Tauros.

I hope I've been helpful.
Edit: Added Fire Blast stuff

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: JolteonG3 ]

Andrusus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1657

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2001 09:01 PM      Profile for Andrusus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you both for your advice. I probably will replace protect.
From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 09-12-2001 09:28 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nidoking (Leftovers)
-Earthquake
-Amnesia
-Ice Beam
-Rest

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2001 02:56 AM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nidoking@leftovers
earthquake
counter
amnesia/rest
ice beam/flamethrower/thunderbolt

Just choose a lacking attack from your team for the last spot and you'll be sexxay.

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

NidoKing
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1638

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2001 03:56 PM      Profile for NidoKing     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have protect on my Nidoking. It might not be the best, but i don't want to breed a new one to get amnesia, this one was my first lvl 100 pokemon.

NidoKing (Leftovers)
Earthquake
Toxic
Protect
Surf

Protect works in this set because it buys extra turns for toxic and leftovers to do their work. Thinking of replacing surf with ice beam when i get enough game corner coins.

From: West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2001 05:07 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, there are two ways to do this. You could use an attacker: Earthquake, amnesia, shadow ball, T-bolt @leftovers

Or a counterer: Amnesia, counter, mintyrest, Shadow ball/T-bolt/earthquake.(first 2 in 4th slot are to cover special-based weaknesses, earthquake for STAB.) Both are good. I would strongly NOT recommend using either toxic or protect.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
DarkeonEXE
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2195

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2001 10:46 PM      Profile for DarkeonEXE   Author's Homepage   Email DarkeonEXE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My Nidoking carries:
Nidoking w/Leftovers
Counter
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Fire Blast
~ Basically I made it to take on alot of types. I gave it fire blast for the lack of a fire move on my team. This thing works pretty well for me, maybe it'll work for you also.

- - - - -
Darkeon
"The Dark Sun has risen...

From: The shadows of the night... | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
ProTrainer2001
Farting Nudist
Member # 1384

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 09:36 AM      Profile for ProTrainer2001   Email ProTrainer2001   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LONG LIVE THE FISH!

::Runs Away::

- - - - -
Osama Bin Ladin is hiding inside of an Xbox.

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 02:11 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
o_O Try something like this:

>> Leftovers
Counter
Earthquake
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

- - - - -
I have a nice butt!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 02:17 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
o_O Try something like this:

>> Leftovers
Counter
Earthquake
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

for a cleaner,

or...

>> Mint Berry
Amnesia
Rest
Earthquake
Thunderbolt/Counter

if you want him to have staying power.

- - - - -
I have a nice butt!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
ProTrainer2001
Farting Nudist
Member # 1384

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 11:20 AM      Profile for ProTrainer2001   Email ProTrainer2001   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nidoking can learn a very good vareity of moves...and now in GS he can get Amnesia to raise its special Defense...Im not sure there is anything bad you can say about it...A set I found works good is..

Nidoking @Leftovers
Earthquake
Amnesia
Thunderbolt
Icebeam/Shadow ball (I like Shadow ball in this slot.)

Send King in against something its good against which should lead the other guy to send in Water or ice....Wile he switches try to amnesia...then if he sends out starmie use shadow ball on it....You could give this set a Minty Rest..I havnt tried it but it works.

- - - - -
Osama Bin Ladin is hiding inside of an Xbox.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.