The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Death by Type

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death by Type
Subtallica
Farting Nudist
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 09:51 PM      Profile for Subtallica     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the game, there are far many less playable pokemon, then pokemon that cant survive or serve a purpose in battle...i think maybe if a type change could vamp come pokemon, my example Gyarados

HP - 393
AT - 348
DF - 256
SP - 260
SA - 218
SD - 298

Good HP close to 400, Huge attack, its defense is average...Speed is average as well, but not that bad, theres alot slower then him, Its Special Attack is the weak link but that can be worked around by not using a Special Attack (Bar Surf for STAB)and a Special D at 300, he can take a shot or two....

I think that if Gyarados, would of gotten the jump up to the Water/Dragon type, he would of been quite useful, and would of made alot more teams then kingdra did...

Double Edge, Body Slam, Ice Beam, T-bolt ( Bad SA tho) Reflect (cover defense),Curse( also helps with Defense, adn gives a nice Attack Boost)Return/Frustration, all gives for a good range of moves, so with out that Glaring 4x Weakness to Electric, it could be very good..what other types do you think got screwed by type???

- - - - -
The ingorance in your words merely reflects your own ignorance - MK

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 09-15-2001 01:09 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GYARADOS may have a 4* but what is all the fuss about??

Do we refuse to use tyran/drago/chari/scizor?? No.

A 4* doesn't mean the end of the world. This poke has only one other weakness, a huge attack, and so it is only fair that these poke behemoths get the 4* to give a chance vs them.

Plus, I find fireblast is always a treat! Flying HP gets stab and runs off great attack, while reflect rules as it removes the rock weakness. Return is just powerful, though this poke can flail aswell.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 09-15-2001 01:54 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gyarados' 4x weakness is a very common type.
From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-15-2001 02:09 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gyrados' 4x weakness is a very common type.

So are T-tar's and Scizor's and BOTH Magcargo's. And ice and rock are still used often enough. Gyrados is still good though, just switch out against an electric. There's no way anything can cover all it's weaknesses. That's why you get 6 pokemon on a team.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 09-16-2001 02:09 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My gripe about Gyarados isn't it's type, it's a combination of what moves it can learn and the stats it has. It's greatest asset is it's attack, but it has very few good moves to take advantage of it; basically it has normal attacks like Double Edge, Return, and Flail. Flail can be good, but it can't even use it that well in most cases due to it's pretty low speed. Flying HP is another good one, but it takes some effort to get and isn't all that powerful either. It would be nice if Gyarados learned a couple more physical attacks, a flying type move like Aeroblast would be greatly appreciated. Now what Gyarados lacks in available physical attacks offers a wide assortment of special attacks. Gyarados can learn Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower; basically most of the best special based moves. However the catch is Gyarados' pitiful special attack, which renders all special based moves nearly useless. I'd be plenty happy if they swapped it's attack with it's special attack or gave it some good physical attacks.

- - - - -
[blank]

From: Auburn, WA, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ProTrainer2001
Farting Nudist
Member # 1384

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 09:27 AM      Profile for ProTrainer2001   Email ProTrainer2001   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For an Gyarados Idea check out my post "Team DeathDos" post your ideas there too...dont reply about that here.......But ofcourse you knew that....Right?.......

- - - - -
Osama Bin Ladin is hiding inside of an Xbox.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.