The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » SuperSmeargle XD

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SuperSmeargle XD
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 02:24 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, I need a little help with this.
I was thinking of creating a new smeargle with a nice Super Fang combo.

I was thinking of using Spore, super fang once or twice, then follow it up with something that will give Smeargle STAB.

What kind of move should I give him to get STAB? Would any normal-type work?

Although he's complete crap...and has lousy Attack, I figured he would be nice to use on a fun team. 8)
Would I be better using a special-type move instead?

--Rei2--

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 06:14 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With his Attack, there really aren't any calculated attacks worth using. Try Seismic Toss.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 01:05 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
With his Attack, there really aren't any calculated attacks worth using. Try Seismic Toss.

Agreed. REXinator used a similar set on his team, and he had Toss.

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 01:14 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, alright.
Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 02:48 PM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...the gene....

- - - - -
Bullshit.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 04:01 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In a non-sleep clause environment, Smeargle could do some more damage.

Note: Only under certain conditions can Smeragle do any damage worth anything at all, but hey, when used correctly he is a good baton passer, sporer, etc...

Umbreon master
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 04:37 PM      Profile for Umbreon master   Email Umbreon master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My smeargle knows spore,growth,recover,(Insert Speicial).It normaly works well but is still at risk u may consider giving a quick claw for help.
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-11-2001 03:42 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Umbreon master:
My smeargle knows spore,growth,recover,(Insert Speicial).It normaly works well but is still at risk u may consider giving a quick claw for help.

Well homey, if Smeargle takes three hits to down a Lanturn with STABed 120 base damage Extremespeeds after belly drumming, I can't imagine him doing any better with a special attack.

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 09-12-2001 09:31 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i have a good idea for a Smeargle:

Smeargle (Leftovers)
-Agility
-SPikes/Super Fang
-Spore
-Destiny Bond

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2001 10:08 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EspeonNidoking:
i have a good idea for a Smeargle:

Smeargle (Leftovers)
-Agility
-SPikes/Super Fang
-Spore
-Destiny Bond

And how do you plan on KO'ing the opponent without getting KO'd yourself?

- - - - -
"Man is born free...and everywhere he is in chains."
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote relates to the "wage-slave cycle" which most of you are in.

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 09-12-2001 11:02 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You don't. But it can take one out, put one to sleep, and set Spikes. If it can pull that off, not half bad.

Personally, I don't think I'd bother with Smeargle in a sleep clause environment. It may be fun to use something like Spore/Agility/Nightmare/Toss if I ever find some kids to battle though.

Silver_Persian
Farting Nudist
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2001 02:52 AM      Profile for Silver_Persian   Email Silver_Persian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1HKO smeargle is good as a starter

Smeargle@wateva
spore
recover
lock on
guillotine

spore, then they'll switch, use lock on, they'll switch if they don't particuarly feel like dieing giving you a free shot with guillotine. Some peeps would say mean look, but smeargle really doesn;t have enough defence to endure a possible two hits.

- - - - -
HAHE
ROBBLE
ROBBLE
8D

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2001 04:40 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OHKO Smeargle as a starter dies to Attract/Sub Jolt, and is gauranteed to be slower, and the sub will not only suck up the Spore, but the OHKO move as well. And if it only takes two TBolts to down a Forretress, it's gauranteed to take down Smeargle in two. If you do use it, make sure to get the hell away from any Jolteons that start, or you're seriously taking your life into your hands.
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2001 08:15 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, seeing how Smeargle is one of my favorites...I like to develop teams of smeargles that destroy their enemy through pure strategy(and normally luck).

I just needed some info on a Super Fang smeargle...that's all.

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 09-14-2001 01:53 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JoHtO TrAiNeR:

And how do you plan on KO'ing the opponent without getting KO'd yourself?

you don't

it's meant to lay down spikes and take down an important pokemon like miltank or snorlax...perhaps even zapdos with Destiny Bond....after putting one to sleep IF YOU CAN....

it's a pretty good idea....Destiny Bond is such a sneaky attack

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 02:07 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...*gets an idea for a Perish Song Smeargle*

*evil laugh*

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 09-14-2001 02:15 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMO, Smeragle is to Spore/DestinyBond/Spikes, and that's MOSTLY what he's used for. Something creative if you can pull this off...

>> MiracleBerry
Agility
Counter
Mirror Coat
DestinyBond

Make sure the opponent is asleep, confused, or fvcked up somehow, then send him out. When they retreat, Agility, then Counter or Mirror Coat accordingly. DestinyBond after that. o_O I dunno. ^_^, it looks good.

- - - - -
I have a nice butt!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.