The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Brand New Team with new lemony fresh scent- Assassins V0.1

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brand New Team with new lemony fresh scent- Assassins V0.1
Hoppip
Farting Nudist
Member # 449

Member Rated:
posted 09-06-2001 03:12 PM      Profile for Hoppip   Email Hoppip   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After the spectacular farce with Martial Pride, I decided to scrap the old team and design something completely new. I realized that the local G/S metagame is nothing like the metagame on a large scale. People don't use Haze and Snorlax. What people do use are super-legendaries, birds and cats and Mewtwos, all backed up by things like Steelix and Tyranitar. So, I gave it some forethought, and came up with a considerably simpler team.

Lanturn (Miracleberry/Leftovers)
Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray
This is one of two opening pokemon. I am reliably informed it's very annoying. This is for dealing with yer regualr teams... however, if I know they've got something legendary on there, I opt for...

Scizor (Miracleberry/Brightpowder)
Baton Pass, Steel Wing, Swords Dance, Agility
Baton Passing is the only way of getting a speed boost on some of the faster legendaries. It's got an attacking move just in case, but I might put on Wing attack instead or just good old Minty Rest.

Tyranitar (Magnet)-
Thunderpunch, Crunch, Rock Slide, Earthquake
With boosted attack and speed the usually good legend-killer becomes a force to be reckoned with. It can crush Ho-Oh and the chromatic birds with Rock Slide. Thunderpunch is for things like Suicune. Maybe I'll put on Flamethrower instead.

Dragonite (Scope Lens/Mysteryberry)
Wing Attack, Thunder Wave, Dragonbreath, Ice Beam
The team's cleaner. Also there to deal with other dragons, and to paralyse.

Skarmory (?)
Steel Wing, Return, Agility, Drill Peck
Just in case someone gets smart and has a Curselax. I'm sure this isn't the Standard moveset for this... it's got Thief on there somewhere, could anyone remind me?

Meganium (?)
Reflect, Safeguard, Giga Drain, Earthquake
To be honest, I really don't have any good tactical reason for putting this on, I just wanted it to be in the team. Good for pseudopassing Reflect, as this team could use a bit more physical defence. Anyone got a suggestion for an item?

OK, starting from the ground up, this should be a bit better. It's not very synergetic, but it really doesn't need it. The World Championship at Bristol was dominated by the legendary birds... keep in mind this team has one real purpose, and that's to counter legendaries and the heavyweight favorites.

- - - - -
Uriu: Carrie never gives me anything good either... except the feeling I get when I realize I'm making a super-cute little girl happy. *LMAO*
Porygone: That sounds wrong on so many levels.

From: Bath, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
JolteonG3
Farting Nudist
Member # 2146

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2001 04:11 PM      Profile for JolteonG3   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonG3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I generally think that paalusis and confusion are great together, but I have my doubts that Lanturn would be effective enough with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt due to his low special. Starmie might actually be a better choice despite having lower HP and not getting STAB on Thunderbolt. Then again, Lanturn could be especially annoying if you put Attract over Ice Beam or Thunderbolt.

Scizor is not my specialty, but Steel Wing seems good. I have being suggest Bug HP to get rid of Ledgendary psychics, but that would make it innefective against legendary birds. It looks good the way it is.

Thunderpunch is questionable...especially if the Suicune you use it to attack has Mirror Coat. I'm just not sure what to use over it, but Flamethrower sounds good.

Dragonite looks good to me, but a different item might be good over the ones you listed. Scope Lens isn't all that great, and none of the moves appears to need Mystery Berry (correct me if I'm wrong, since you probably used it for a reason and I'm to much of a newbie to get the reason). Leftovers may be good, unless you have to play by the item clause.

Whirlwind is great on Skarmory, he makes a great pseudo-hazer. Curse is also sometimes used, I think. I'm not sure what item to use though, you might want to check other teams with Skarmory on them.

I like to use Counter and Reflect on Meganium (those two moves give it incredible Curselax and Marowak capabilities), but since super legendaries are mainly special based, it may not be that useful. Synthesis is another move to consider on Meganium.

Looks like a very good team. Good luck battling with it.

Umbreon master
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2001 05:23 PM      Profile for Umbreon master   Email Umbreon master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hoppip:
After the spectacular farce with Martial Pride, I decided to scrap the old team and design something completely new. I realized that the local G/S metagame is nothing like the metagame on a large scale. People don't use Haze and Snorlax. What people do use are super-legendaries, birds and cats and Mewtwos, all backed up by things like Steelix and Tyranitar. So, I gave it some forethought, and came up with a considerably simpler team.

This is one of two opening pokemon. I am reliably informed it's very annoying. This is for dealing with yer regualr teams... however, if I know they've got something legendary on there, I opt for...

I Like this set

Baton Passing is the only way of getting a speed boost on some of the faster legendaries. It's got an attacking move just in case, but I might put on Wing attack instead or just good old Minty Rest.

The sets ok as it is

Tyranitar (Magnet)-
With boosted attack and speed the usually good legend-killer becomes a force to be reckoned with. It can crush Ho-Oh and the chromatic birds with Rock Slide. Thunderpunch is for things like Suicune. Maybe I'll put on Flamethrower instead.

When u pass to this it can kill a whole team

The team's cleaner. Also there to deal with other dragons, and to paralyse.

Hmmm i tried this once give it the new set
curse
extreme speed
ice beam
thunder wave

Skarmory (?)
Just in case someone gets smart and has a Curselax. I'm sure this isn't the Standard moveset for this... it's got Thief on there somewhere, could anyone remind me?

Curse,drill peck,whirlwin,steel wing

Meganium (?)
To be honest, I really don't have any good tactical reason for putting this on, I just wanted it to be in the team. Good for pseudopassing Reflect, as this team could use a bit more physical defence. Anyone got a suggestion for an item?

Give it ancient power over

OK, starting from the ground up, this should be a bit better. It's not very synergetic, but it really doesn't need it. The World Championship at Bristol was dominated by the legendary birds... keep in mind this team has one real purpose, and that's to counter legendaries and the heavyweight favorites.

It works.

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2001 05:26 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I have to admit that there are plenty of dogs/birds, plus tyran/milky/skarmo etc, and if that is the metagame why not have a team to beat it? Hope this includes some underused....

Ok icebeam is a no-no here. Despite the 'legendary' ice/electric combo, it gets no stab and thus surf is way better. Surf will do more damage to grounds, and should lay out golem/rhydon in one. As for parafusion, you will need leftovers, and the starter should have a mira berry, as this poke is slow ad could be quickly confused, thus leftovers aren't good here. Make up your mind whether you want two attacks or parafusion. You see, parafusing is all well and good unless you get slaughtered while setting it up, so you need recovery. Here are two possible sets:

PARAFUSION
+mira
c-ray
t-wave
rest
t-bolt/surf

I think the mira can work with rest, so you can set up parafusion and have recovery if all things go wrong. If you want to attack:

ATTACK
+mira
t-bolt/thunder
surf/hydropump
t-wave/c-ray
attract/raindance/rest

Basically, this has two stabbed moves, usually t-bolt and surf, though if you want thunder there is raindance, and hydro for the more daring who wants to make the best of a rather poor special attack. T-wave or c-ray just annoy and help survivability, while the last move, unless it is raindance, gives a second, usually more sure way of lasting longer. I quite like parattraction, which can force the paralyzed to switch and afflict, possibly, the entire team. Phew.

Hmm, well never used a baton passer but if you can get this off why not? However, as your team could do with some nice speed, why not give this two of steel wing/bug HP/return, with baton pass and agility. What people forget about this poke is that it only has one weakness, albeit 4* to fire, and fantastic attacking power. It isn't essential to have both swords' dance and agility, and is soo predictable.

Tyranitar (Magnet)-

Doesn't need an attack boost, though if you want it fine. As for this set, fine, I think it can get t-bolt, so if you have access to crystal it may not even need the magnet. As for flamethrower, it would be super effective against grass (you are already s.e vs steel/ice/bug) while t-bolt is s.e vs water (rock slide covers flyers). Your choice.

This won't clean much with dragonbreath - stab lifts it to a paltry 90, and is only s.e vs what icebeam is, dragons. It's only real point is for paralysis, and t-wave accomplishes this. I have to say i think you are falling into the trap of using super powerful beasts, with tyran and drago, give this haze over d'breath and attach a wing attack for a two-hit-ko on champy.

Skarmory (?)

You want to thief?? :

SKIEF
+mint
rest
drill peck/steel wing
whirlwind
thief

Simple. You whirlwind them around to check out the stealable, such as a thick club/leftovers, and rest as you will have taken damage. my fave is to steal mira/mint berries, use them up by a free rest, then steal the good item. Drill peck/steel wing is for a decent stabbed attack.

Meganium (?)

Soft sand, miracle seed or lefties. It has equal attack and special attack, and giga stabbed is not much less than quake. Lefties are just good, as setting up safeguard and reflect will lose you damage. I reckon this would do better if you changed either pseudo passing move for synthesis, and attach a mystery berry.

Overall, fine team, though don't rely on scizor too much.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.