The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Underused Pokeyman Numero 003 - Venusaur

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Underused Pokeyman Numero 003 - Venusaur
Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2001 06:01 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

First of all t3h stats.

HP: 363
Attack: 262
Defense: 264
Speed: 258
Spec. Attk.: 298
Spec. Def.: 298

Eh, average stats. HP Average, Attk.=Not good, Def.=Not good, Speed=Eh, SA=Average/Good, SD=Average/Good.

It's Special Attack and Special Defense are actually quite good. Thus, Venu is able to utilize moves such as Giga Drain/Solar Beam. It's Speed, Attack, and Defense are okay, albeit on the low side, but Venu doesn't really use his Attack unless it's coupled with Swords Dance.

Okay, t3h moves/movesets come next.

Venu, as stated, has nice Special Attack, which can be raised with the use of Growth.
He can also use the Sunny Day/Solar Beam/Synthesis combo, albeit not used much due to it be VERY risky, if the opponent's Fire-Type is not fainted, and still risky even if it is (Helping all the Pokemon that can learn Flamethrower thanks to Crystal).

Venu can also be on the Attacking side. Swords Dance will help Venu achieve this. The only downside to this is that the only good physical moves that Venu learns include Body Slam, Double-Edge, and Return. Not a variety to choose from, eh? Also, for some strange reason unknown to me, is the fact that Venu cannot learn Sludge B0mb...o_O;; I mean, it being part Poison-Type and all, that's just fucked up.

Venu is also used as what it's the best at; Sleep Mongering. This little bugger can learn Roar and Sleep Powder (And Stun Spore, making it a bitch to face with Spikes). This guy can do a lot of damage being a Sleep Mongerer/Double-Powder Mongerer.

And now, here are the movesets.

(The quote thing is a ripoff of oporaca's post )

The "I hope my ass doesn't get kicked by using this risky combo" Venusaur
-=-Miracle Seed/Mystery Berry-=-
Growth
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Synthesis

The "I like to use my Swords and raise my attack to kick your ass with my limited variety of Physical moves" Venusaur
-=-Leftovers-=-
Substitute
Swords Dance
Body Slam
HP Ground/Rock

The "I am t3h 1337 sleep mongerer" Venasaur
-=-Leftovers-=-
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
Roar
Giga Drain/HP Grass

The "I am going to use Curse to look like a good PokeyMan" Venasaur
-=-Mint Berry-=-
Sub
Rest
Curse
Double-Edge/Hidden Power Ground|Rock/Return

That be my p0st. Hope you esicellaly lie it

From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2001 06:19 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This may come as a surprise to you...

But Venusaur also doesn't learn stun spore...

runz

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
daj
unregistered

posted 09-05-2001 06:36 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NO FUCK NO! DAMN It I WAS GOING TO DO VENUSAUR!! NO! *cries* And I worked so hard on the report, I was almost finished! DAMN YOU! now I have to start all over again! CURSES! *sobs* At this rate I'll never be a true Azurian! *sniff*

j/k

Yes I wuz gonna do Venusaur , oh well.

Actaully there are a few errors

1. His Specials are very good, equal to Celebi's infact, not average, very good

2. You forgot to mention the fact that Venusaur can learn Safegaurd, Reflect, Light Screen, Petal Dance, Charm(according to white cat) and Razor wind (big whoop)

3. Venuaur can't learn Stun Spore

4. You didnt Mention that Venu could be a double rester

5. He can cause paracontraction

6. MINE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER! LOL!

7. Good Job anyways

*runs away*

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: Revenger ]

IP: Logged
Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2001 08:58 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah, there goes the double-powder mongerer down the drain=/ Suppose you could replace Stun Spore with Body Slam, but...eh.
From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
fastball77
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2148

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2001 09:22 PM      Profile for fastball77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good post...that was pretty cool

I always liked this moveset for Venesaur:
&leftovers
-substitute
-giga drain/mega drain
-sleep powder
-leech seed

You put em to sleep, set up a sub, seed 'em, and the mega/giga drain away. It my take a little too long to set up, I dunno. I don't know if its good enough to use, I was jsut thinking of a it a little while ago.

- - - - -
Under construction....

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2001 11:47 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Venu can also be on the Attacking side. Swords Dance will help Venu achieve this. The only downside to this is that the only good physical moves that Venu learns include Body Slam, Double-Edge, and Return. Not a variety to choose from, eh? Also, for some strange reason unknown to me, is the fact that Venu cannot learn Sludge B0mb...o_O;; I mean, it being part Poison-Type and all, that's just fucked up.

If you want Physical Grassers, you can try Victreebel... but that's a whole 'nother underused post. Someone once said it's a "Poison-type with a few Grass-type qualities."

(The quote thing is a ripoff of oporaca's post )

I'm flattered.

The "I hope my ass doesn't get kicked by using this risky combo" Venusaur

Maybe I should have used that for Rain Dance Gyarados...

The "I am t3h 1337 sleep mongerer" Venasaur
-=-Leftovers-=-
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
Roar
Giga Drain/HP Grass

I'm really sure that Stun Spore is gonna help you get your opponents to sleep.

I used Double-Edge/Sleep Powder/Razor Leaf/Mega Drain for a while in Stadium 1 Poke Cup. I replaced Mega Drain with Leech Seed and its effectiveness has gone way up.

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2001 07:49 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eh, average stats

Venusaur has the 25th highest stats in the game.

You forgot to mention the fact that Venusaur can learn... Charm (according to white cat)

It's on his breeding list, but there's no way for him to get it. I'm going to have to remove these kind of entries to prevent confusion.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

daj
unregistered

posted 09-07-2001 08:40 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
great, now I look stupid
IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 09-08-2001 12:02 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
[i]It's on his breeding list, but there's no way for him to get it.

Pardon me if this info is easily avaliable, but how exactly does this happen?

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-08-2001 04:24 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oparaca: Sleep Powder and Stun Spore on the same set serves two purposes: You can avoid violating sleep clause, and you can do it while immobilizing your opponent's Heal Beller. Just use Stun Spore, and when the Heal Beller comes out, put them to sleep.
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 04:53 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pardon me if this info is easily avaliable, but how exactly does this happen?

Because none of the Pokemon that learn the move are capable of breeding with Snorlax.

There was a recent thread that dealt with this, but I can't seem to find it...

[Edit: Here it is]

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: White Cat ]

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.