The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Tourney Team!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tourney Team!!!
Totoro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1965

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for Totoro   Email Totoro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pojo tourney!!!!....

so can i get some constructive critisim(speling) and no crappy rates please...

raikou@leftovers
thunderbolt
reflect
crunch
rest

well he is up first and he is pretty speedy so he can get the first hit and put up some sheilds for the team, he rests to get rid of some status changes before i switch, this has worked well for me for some time now.

skarmory@leftovers
protect
whirlwind
drill peck
swagger

well he is my pseudo hazer(well my physical sponge pseudo hazer), swagger is an amazing move, because they could screw themselves... ie.. marowak is screwed if he hits himself with swagger..., protect to gain a little leftover power and drill peck is always nice for some fighting countering.

rhydon@leftovers (haven't tested yet)
earthquake
rock_slide
horn drill
protect

i wanna test the weather with protect, because getting hit with a hp water from zappy or something, also it lets me save my self a nice 6% or hp so i can get one more usage of horn drill.

suicune@leftovers
rest
roar
surf
icebeam

special sponge pseudo hazer, he comes in to absorb a water attack intended for rhydon, he comes in to roar out cursers, among other things. this has been working wonders for me lately

machamp@leftovers or primeape@mint_berry
curse/meditate
cross chop/cross chop
fireblast/hp rock
rock slide/reversal

i never usually get to bring him out into battle..., i don't know if i should use machamp or primeape... please help me decide, machamp has the power but primeape has the speed. if its machamp then ill curse up a little(it won't matter because im slow anyway) and ill use rock slide if its a flying type and fireblast if its skarmory, cross chop is pure power and i like it.

primeape will start off by meditating and using cross chop and hp rock and he rests off the damage and recovers with the miraculous mint berry so he can start all over again

blissey@leftovers
heal_bell
softboiled
ice_beam
light_screen

well this guy is the special sponge and heal beller, icebeam only because of the small chance of freezing and light screen for some super support, he works well with my resters.

thank you all

BTW, i know they are all overused, but this is my normal team so its needed, if you can give me some more less used pokes in place of the ones i have that would be appreciated also

- - - - -
Of course everyone hates you. your a gay homosexual that keeps asking GUYS for buttsecks. Go to hell and screw the devil for all i care. ~ sl

From: Somewhere out there... | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2001 04:17 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okey dokey pig in a pokey.....

raikou@leftovers
thunderbolt
reflect
crunch
rest

Hmm..maybe a mira berry isn't needed, but it would sure help. Yet, rest is new on this poke, and with reflect could well work. Crunch is good for those psychics, alakazam *cough*, and you rarely see a ground starter.

skarmory@leftovers
protect
whirlwind
drill peck
swagger

Absolutely fine. See no probs here, but you may get hated for using this poke! Protect is nice and original, and allows you to see if they, the opposing poke, are sporting a fire/electric attack. Good.

rhydon@leftovers (haven't tested yet)
earthquake
rock_slide
horn drill
protect

This will need quick claw to get horn drill working in any way, so ditch the protect/lefty combo. You could try rest on this poke, so it can last longer for more horn drills, and boy does it need a long time to get those working!

suicune@leftovers
rest
roar
surf
icebeam

Baaah seen it all before. Really is quite dull, and screwed against a mirror coater. Having so many pokes with rest is, in hindsight, a bad idea, but if this is torney and you want to win I suppose you could try it. Give this return at least.

machamp@leftovers or primeape@mint_berry
curse/meditate
cross chop/cross chop
fireblast/hp rock
rock slide/reversal

Go with primeape, the lovable pig-ape. HP rock will not do a lot of damage, rock slide can be learned by 'ape I think so go with that. Meditate is nice, and I think this team needs some good speed. Cross chop and reversal are good. Beware of hazers/roarers.

blissey@leftovers
heal_bell
softboiled
ice_beam
light_screen

This poke is getting remarkably popular with this set, so why are people not afraid of physical attacks to the extent that they encourage them with light screen??? I'm not sure if reflect is possible, but this will take a hit when it switches in to heal bell, and another as it is slow on the turn it wants to 'bell. 700 odd hp runs out very quickly with a 110 odd defense.

Underused you want eh? I'll go over it here:

raikou - use raichu!! It can have reflect, t-bolt, rest and a nice status changer like attract/charm/sweet kiss to irritate the opponents. Does really the same thing, and if you want it to be like raikou with crunch, there's always dark hp...

skarmory - can't really be replaced, much as many people would like to...

rhydon - isn't overused, someone should do an underused report on it....(hint - someone do one for it!!)

suicune - very overused. There are loads of roarers out there, you already have a whirlwinder so how about a golduck???

:give it psych up, surf, icebeam, rest and nevermelt ice, it is very similar, but much more playable!

Primeape - underused, yaaaaay.

Blissey - if you want a heal beller that isn't common, go with granbull, a good poke, give it:

+leftovers
shadowball
return
heal bell
roar

anyway, that was still a good team, and I can see it doing very well in a torney.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.