The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Maroon Marauders v. 1.0

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maroon Marauders v. 1.0
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 07:56 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snorlax @leftovers F
Double edge
earthquake
fire blast
selfdestruct

Autolax. Can usually take out two or even three, and they are the usual paralysers, meaning I don't have to worry about status conditions while using...

Jumpluff @leftovers F
Leech seed
Encore
Stun spore
Swagger

Set it up, encore a 1 time move or a FP or confusion(they can be encored, can't they)

Missy @leftovers F
Spite
Pain Split/Mean look
destiny bond
Confuse ray/mean look

My own screwed up creation. Comes in after jumpluff paralyses a few. Mean look the Miltank when it comes in, then kill it. Can't decide where to put Mean look though.

Blastoise @miracleberry F
Haze
Surf
Ice beam
Attract

Attract for general annoyance.

Jolteon @leftovers F
T-bolt
T-wave
Substitute
HP ice

Sweeper # 1. Both sweepers have 358 speed so I'll get the first hit, and they'll be weakened from Jumpluff and the rest, and should go down in 1 hit.

Aerodactyl @leftovers
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Wing attack
Protect

Sweeper # 2. Physical this time and protect for an extra turn of leftovers heal, or when you see an oncoming T-wave.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 02:44 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A rate..

Snorlax @leftovers F
Double edge
earthquake
fire blast
selfdestruct

I like this, though remember to give it the mira berry or it won't be auto-ing anything with paralysis/confusion. This is made to blast away then explode, so leftovers are by no means a requisite.

Jumpluff @leftovers F
Leech seed
Encore
Stun spore
Swagger

I do like this, just make sure you paralyze them first or they switch and you lose the seed/confusion and encoring. Otherwise, good, though I really think synthesis should be in here, perhaps over swagger, as jumpy gets killed kinda easily, and encore and paralysis are easily enough. Leftovers+seed+synth keep him alive for long enough to get the statuses going.

Missy @leftovers F
Spite
Pain Split/Mean look
destiny bond
Confuse ray/mean look

And how exactly will you kill the miltank with this set? Killing them by confusion will takes ages and ruin your pp. Go with this: m'look,spite,curse,pain split. You trap them and set up curse, you then pain split to recover the damage you have taken, while spite takes away their resting, or you could have protect in its place to combo with leftovers.

Haze
Surf
Ice beam
Attract

Kinda pipkinned against a mirror coater - change icebeam for quake - you take more grief from electrics who are way more common than grasses, and it has higher base damage.
Otherwise, I can see it working.

Jolteon @leftovers F
T-bolt
T-wave
Substitute
HP ice

Looks ok, though nevermeltice would help with the sweeping, leftovers aren't the best for jolty.

Aerodactyl @leftovers
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Wing attack
Protect

Fine, but again you could use a mintyrest combo here over leftovers and protect. Sub also works well here.

Overall, good team, it does have a particular structure but I can see it working fine if say pluffy takes a tumble. Well done!

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 03:46 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And how exactly will you kill the Miltank with this set?

Trap it, then spite it's heal bell basically. Destiny bond also works wonders, as he's expendable.

If I drop swagger on Jumpluff, I lose the main way of killing people, and I most likely wouldn't swagger a physical attacker anyway.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2001 12:13 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*BUMP*

- - - - -

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2001 12:42 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
raticata: Curse sucks on Ghosts. At least Belly Drum is capable of wrecking a team. Curse is maybe capable of taking out one pokemon. It's not worth it.

TOS: Decent team. It's good to see something nonstandard.

Linkin2874
Farting Nudist
Member # 1501

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2001 07:39 PM      Profile for Linkin2874   Email Linkin2874   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ThumbsOfSteel:
[QB]Snorlax @leftovers F
Double edge
earthquake
fire blast
selfdestruct

I like Body Slam for the slim chance of paralyzing the opponent. But if Lax gets paralyzed itself then that doesn't help you any. It's your call.

Jumpluff @leftovers F
Leech seed
Encore
Stun spore
Swagger

Good set. I like the risk factor here.

Missy @leftovers F
Spite
Pain Split/Mean look
destiny bond
Confuse ray/mean look

C-Ray, Destiny Bond, Pain Split, Mean Look. Forget about Spite. It isn't needed for this set ot work well.

Haze
Surf
Ice beam
Attract

Keep Ice Beam. You don't need an Earthquake here.

Jolteon @leftovers F
T-bolt
T-wave
Substitute
HP ice

Dump Leftovers for Nevermeltice like Raticata said.

Aerodactyl @leftovers
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Wing attack
Protect

Original but Protect won't really do much for you except drain their Power Points here. Loose it for DT, Swagger, or Fire Blast/Flamethrower. I sorta like Ancientpower/EQuake, DT, Swagger, FB/Flamethrower myself.

I really like the lack of standards on this team. It should keep your opponent on his/her toes. Nice work.

- - - - -
"This is not my life, this is not my home, this is not me, I hate this." This is Not: Static-X

From: Wakarusa, IN USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.