The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Crystal team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crystal team
LaprasbeatsMewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1338

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 12:57 AM      Profile for LaprasbeatsMewtwo   Email LaprasbeatsMewtwo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umbreon
Return
Curse
Mean Look
Baton Pass
@ Mint Berry/Leftovers (depends on 4th move)

His purpose is to lure out Hazers, trap 'em, then BP to whoever can kill that Hazer. I've also considered Double Team over Curse, then BPing to Zapdos so he could paralyze a lot more of the opponent's team (Heal Bell would really screw that idea, though).

Zapdos
HP Ice/Thunderbolt (debating)
Thunder Wave
Whirlwind
Rest
@Mint Berry

Pretty obvious, just a parashuffler to paralyze as much of the opponent's team as possible.

Jolteon (female)
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Attract
Substitute
@Leftovers

Jolteon is to finish what Zapdos couldn't get done, and to Attract and kill.

Lapras (female)
Ice Beam
Confuse Ray
Attract
Rest
@Mint Berry

Lapras adds parafusion to the team, plus Attract for a very slim chance of attacking.

Scizor
Agility
Swords Dance
Double Team
Baton Pass
@Brightpowder

After the opponent's team is weakened out with the multiple Attracts, Confuse Rays, and Thunder Waves, the Baton Passer comes out and Baton Passes to...

Aerodactyl
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Wing Attack
Rest
@Miracleberry

The main sweeper of the team. Basically just to clean house.

That's it, all ratings are very much appreciated.

- - - - -
"Electrode makes it much more evasive, making it hard to hit. Use Paint Attack, which never misses." ~ Nintendo Power, issue 143

From: Bethel Park, PA, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 01:54 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quick problems that I spot-

You're got a massive prole Marowak weakness. If someone's toting a Scizor to BP to that 'wak, you've got no Fire moves to nuke it. Also, I'm a firm believer that BP Umby was just another case of good-on-paper, shitty-on-pracice, because as soon as people see a starting Umbreon, they switch to a Roarer, given that Haze is so rarely used due to Evade ban (dunno why people insist on it, but whatever).

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 08:03 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Haze is so rarely used due to Evade ban(Dunno why people insist on it, but whatever)

Maybe because it doesn't work if there's only one Poke left. Say a lone curselax against a team. That's the reason for haze.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 10:15 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was referring to Evade ban.
From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heracross20
Farting Nudist
Member # 2133

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 01:23 PM      Profile for Heracross20   Author's Homepage   Email Heracross20   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
umbreon just isn't useful anymore. The problem is the fact that he's so predictable. U see an umbreon, people send our their psuedo-hazer. Most teams have too also, and suicune is very common u mean look him in, bp to jolteon/zapdos, and immediatly get roared away. doesn't sound to good to me...

- - - - -
*some stupid but funny quote* ;)

From: try to find me *runz* | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 02:23 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the problem with these teams, is that they are not very flexible at all. They rely on a poke, who relies on a poke, etc. A lucky critical hit/ohko and they are dead.

I say, go for the simple team balance of covering each weakness as much as you can, and always have at least one back up plan.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 04:00 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umbreon: Like they said, just not that good anymore because of the roaring thing. Assuming that they have a hazer, it could work though.

Zapdos: Parashuffle bad. Just switch in ground and bad things happen. I think it needs both attack moves, one over whirlwind or T-wave.

Jolteon: Standard

Lapras: Ok

Scizor: I think everything should have at least one move to effectively deal damage, so Bug HP over one of the moves, probably DT or agility. Scizor needs agility, but Aero, your BP target, really doesn't.

Aerodactyl: Unprotected Mintyrest is a bad thing for Aero if it doesn't have DT's passed to it, in which case it probably won't need it anyway.

Overall: Definately a Marowak problem. If Aero can't get it's job done, bad things will happen.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 05:23 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umbreon
Return
Curse
Mean Look
Baton Pass
@ Mint Berry/Leftovers (depends on 4th move)

NEVER EVER go with a physical attack on Umbreon. Umbreon's attack power is HORRIBLE. If you could get a lot of Curses in, ok, but, on it's own, Return will suck, even if Umbreon loves you...

Zapdos
HP Ice/Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Whirlwind
Rest
@Mint Berry

Definately keep Thunderwave. I think you need BOTH Thunderbolt & HP Ice. Ditch either Rest or Whirlwind for both of those attacks...

Jolteon (female)
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Attract
Substitute
@Leftovers

Seems ok. I personally don't like Substitute, but, it could work...

(I would rather have HiddenPower ICE Over Substitute Personally)

Lapras (female)
Ice Beam
Confuse Ray
Attract
Rest
@Mint Berry

Ok, Confuse Ray & Ice Beam = Good. This does not add parafusion to your team, only fusion... I would put Body Slam on there somewhere... (for a chance of para)

Scizor
Agility
Swords Dance
Double Team
Baton Pass
@Brightpowder

Ask someone else on this guy, I am not a Scizor expert, I don't even like him, but, if I HAD a Scizor, I'd try to have a HiddenPower of Bug on him, but, yours doesn't seem to be for attacking... so, I guess it's ok.

Aerodactyl
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Wing Attack
Rest
@Miracleberry

Seems alright. Since he is wellrounded send him out first, especially since he has the miracle berry & enemy might try to fuse or para right away.

-MK

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.