The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Hi!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi!
Totoro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1965

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 11:46 PM      Profile for Totoro   Email Totoro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well thanks for clicking and here is my team (just a test, i haven't actually tested it out yet)

porygon2@miracleberry
subsitute
curse
double_edge
recover

he get hit with the first stater and substitutes, he then curses and substitutes and recovers when needed and attacks, screwed against, rock steel, ghosts etc.. but i will switch out

zapdos@leftovers
water power
thunderbolt
drill peck
protect

he is just an attacker, he uses water drill peck or thunderbolt depending on the enemy and protect is there because i like it and it is very useful to see whether someone has ice beam or something and it lets me recover some hp

suicune@leftovers
roar
rest
surf
ice beam

bah, he is just pretty much the standard pseudo hazer, he can get an ice beam on the switch on eggy and switch out to someone else

donphan@leftovers
curse
rest
ancient power
earthquake

blissey@leftovers
flamethrower
light_screen
softboiled
heal bell

standard i think, i put flamethrower because this guy has gotten frozen and stuff many times and its frickin annoying, light screen for some pseudo passing aswell which even further helps magmar

magmar@leftovers
counter
sunny day
flamethrower
rest

well magmar is cool, i wanted to use him and he has counter because most people will just go ahead and use an earthquake because it is such a popular move, counter will take him out no problem, rest to heal after the counter and sunny day will make them use a physical attack because water is weakened.

- - - - -
Of course everyone hates you. your a gay homosexual that keeps asking GUYS for buttsecks. Go to hell and screw the devil for all i care. ~ sl

From: Somewhere out there... | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 08:13 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Deceptive, yet worth a rate...

porygon2@miracleberry
subsitute
curse
double_edge
recover

Ok I really like pory2 - and what seems wrong here is that you are missing out on two things that make it great - firstly, no t-wave which really sells this guy. Secondly, it has a great special attack, and a thorough knowledge of elemental moves. I don't like curse here - hazers/psych uppers will 'own' you, neither am I a big fan of subbbing AND recover. Good attachment. I would rather see two of psychic/t-bolt/icebeam/t-wave over the first two, double edge has a great base damage of 180, and if you raise it too much with cursing, you will do too much damage to yourself, and continually need to recover.

zapdos@leftovers
water power
thunderbolt
drill peck
protect

No don't give it a hp, way too cheap, whirlwind is nice, and if you want t-wave here over t-bolt/drill peck you can do the good old whirlpara'ing.

suicune@leftovers
roar
rest
surf
ice beam

This doesn't have mirror coat, and thus doesn't seem standard to me. As for eggy, well it will fear (rightly) a mirror coat, so I would change icebeam for return - helps if you get stuck in a 1 vs 1 battle against a miirorcoat-toting blastoise, and I have seen quite a few of these endings on the old gsbot! I think it has similar attk and sp attk, so you won't miss out on much with the loss of icebeam.

donphan@leftovers
curse
rest
ancient power
earthquake

Sorry cursers don't work, and rest with no mint berry is suicidal. You curse, you take damage from grass/ice/water, you rest, you realize you will get smashed while you sleep, you switch to blissey to heal bell OOPS there goes all the curse boni. I would just tailor this a bit, give it roar over curse, always handy to have as many as poss, and attach a mint berry. You can blast away with quake and AP, and mintyrest gives it two lives, and more importantly, allows it to keep those lovely AP boni.

blissey@leftovers
flamethrower
light_screen
softboiled
heal bell

Hmm interesting, never seen this before! I would say go for reflect over light screen if its possible, as this will help magamr more - it has such a low def that countering is completely unfeasible, and this will get crushed by physical attacks if no reflect. Also, as maggy is fire, it takes most grief from rock/ground attacks, which reflect kinda counters.

magmar@leftovers
counter
sunny day
flamethrower
rest

Right this needs quick claw if you plan to survive without reflect - you take a quake, you counter and ohko hopefully (and counter is quite unknown on a magmar), and then you need the rest to go before the opponent gets an attack in, so make this more possible with the quick claw. Otherwise, I really like this set - creative, completely unstandard, and I can certainly see it doing good damage.

Overall rather a rollercoaster team. I liked the pory2 as a starter, blissey as a ****beller and that superb magmar, but the others were all very predictable and hugely common standards. If you could find uncommon replacements for suic, zappy and donpho, this would be excellent!!

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.