The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Pikablade's semi-underused team v1.0

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pikablade's semi-underused team v1.0
PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2001 03:42 PM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nyani, nyaa nyao nyaaan! Nya nyao!

~Umbreon M @ Mint Berry~
-Rest
-Mean Look
-Double Team
-Baton Pass
...i said it was semi underused, you freak.

~Scizor M @ Leftovers~
-Swords Dance
-Agility
-Return
-Baton Pass
...Nyao.

~Sneasel M @ Leftovers~
-Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Screech
...I don't know what to put in place of ice beam. help maybe?

~Raichu F @ Miracleberry~
-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt
-Sweet Kiss
-Attract
...This is my paracontraction Raichu. She is l33t.

~Gligar M @ Leftovers~
-Sandstorm
-Guillotine
-Earthquake
-Wing Attack
...I owned a lot of people with this Gligar when it had some stuff BPed to it. He's l33t.

~Aerodactyl M @ Leftovers~
-Substitute
-Wing Attack
-Ancientpower
-Earthquake
...l33tage.

Nyan, rate!

- - - - -
~*Pikablade*~
"Truly, if there is evil in the world, it lies within the hearts of mankind." -Tales of Phantasia

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2001 04:03 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, a rate then

Umbreon: Standard. I'd laugh if someone started with a machamp or primeape though. Try making it female for the opening Jolteons.

Scizor: Standard, I like bug HP though

Sneasel: Never seen him before. Maybe return over slash and reflect over ice beam.

Raichu: I believe it was your raichu that had encore over attract, and I like that one better. I'm working on a Jumpluff with practically the same set and it isn't fun.

Gligar: Maybe counter if he can get it with earthquake. I don't think guillotine will work except in extreme situations though, but double STAB should keep you from using it too much.

Aerodactyl: Aero kicks ass. I use protect over Sub.

Overall: 3x rock, 2x fighting, 1x fire, 1x ground. Fireblasting machamp can sweep your entire team if you're not careful. No hazer/pseudo-hazer/psych-upper either.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
KAK-tool
Farting Nudist
Member # 1332

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2001 04:21 PM      Profile for KAK-tool     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
~Umbreon M @ Mint Berry~
-Rest
-Mean Look
-Double Team
-Baton Pass

Yeah, I guess umbreon isn't used that much anymore. The 'set is perfect.

~Scizor M @ Leftovers~
-Swords Dance
-Agility
-Return
-Baton Pass

I don't think you could call sizor semi-underused- It's pretty popular. Good moveset.

~Sneasel M @ Leftovers~
-Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Screech

Hmmmm... give it return instead of slash, because the critical hit rate isn't worth the loss in power. Try rest instead of ice beam. If sneasel has a few doubleteams bp'd to it, it should have no problem resting.

-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt
-Sweet Kiss
-Attract

Very interesting. You should consider using surf over sweet kiss, so your opponent wouldn't be able to switch in a ground type to counter it.

~Gligar M @ Leftovers~
-Sandstorm
-Guillotine
-Earthquake
-Wing Attack

Good.

-Substitute
-Wing Attack
-Ancientpower
-Earthquake
...l33tage.

Good.

For a semi-underused team it's pretty good. You have a problem with machamp, as well as sweeping tyrannitars.

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 12:39 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I've learned is that almost every team has a Machamp problem. It's pretty inevitable with the number of powerful attacks in Machamp's repertoire. But regardless...

~Umbreon M @ Mint Berry~
-Rest
-Mean Look
-Double Team
-Baton Pass

Looks good. It does what it does.

~Scizor M @ Leftovers~
-Swords Dance
-Agility
-Return
-Baton Pass

(Insert arguments against batonpassers are what-not here.) Looks good, anyway. Though sometimes I prefer Scyther a bit more as a BPer, due to its starting speed.

~Sneasel M @ Leftovers~
-Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Screech

Dynamicpunch over Ice Beam. When it hits, it's pretty worth it. And while you're taking a big risk using a 50% accurate move, you're taking an even bigger risk using Sneasel in the first place. Live on the edge. Dynamicpunch. That, or you can breed Spite onto it. And um...Return over Slash.

-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt
-Sweet Kiss
-Attract

Yes.

~Gligar M @ Leftovers~
-Sandstorm
-Guillotine
-Earthquake
-Wing Attack

Good-'n'-Stuff.

-Substitute
-Wing Attack
-Ancientpower
-Earthquake

'Tis the one I use.

Skarmory is not your friend.

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 01:23 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nobody starts with a fighting pokemon. There's too many starmies and alakazams starting to warrant the wasted slot. 90% of the time you'd have to switch out and lose initiative on the first turn anyways. If you start with a Fighter, always have a Tyranitar or some shit on your team to eat the Drill Pecks/Psychics that will always follow Machamp into the afterlife.

Even if they don't start with Machamp, here's a little situation:

Go Umbreon
Go Alakazam

Opponent withdraws Kazam, sends out Machamp
Umbreon used Mean Look, Machamp can't escape.

Umbreon used Baton Pass. Go Skarmory/Xatu!
Machamp Soils Speedos.

Egads
Farting Nudist
Member # 1357

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 03:10 PM      Profile for Egads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i start with machamp so nyah...

- - - - -
Dis Is KrbyRox...ya...

PaPa-SmUrF
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1919

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 08:40 PM      Profile for PaPa-SmUrF   Email PaPa-SmUrF   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umbreon looks fine. Scizor is good but watch out for firepunching Charizards. ^_^ Sneasel looks fine. You might want Leftovers on Raichu. Gligar is fine. You might want Whirlwind over Wing Attack on Aerodactyl.

- - - - -
Piiikaaaachuuuuuuuu!!!

-Eddy

From: Funkytown, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.