The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Finalized SpikeStorm Team (Rate)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finalized SpikeStorm Team (Rate)
Linkin2874
Farting Nudist
Member # 1501

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 07:55 PM      Profile for Linkin2874   Email Linkin2874   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sandslash@Pink Bow
Return
E-Quake
Sandstorm
Sand-Attack

This would be much more effective at a level higher than level 60. Return is so that you don't have to switch out against a flyer. This was my starter because it was the most disposible on my team.

Quagsire@Poison Barb
E-Quake
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Amnesia

Once again this would be much better at a higher level. Sludge Bomb was for a Poison attack.

Tyranitar@Mystic Water
Rock Slide
Surf
Fire Blast
Sandstorm

Different than most would expect. I didn't really get a chance to use most of my team because of the three Water types on the other team.

Forretress@Leftovers
Spikes
DE
Giga Drain
Explosion

Spikes, DE, Giga Drain when needed then Explosion. I was screwed when Shaidar switched in Missy when I used Explosion. Lucky SOB.

Magneton@Hard Stone
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Rollout
Swagger

Better when other team isn't a counter for my team. Self explainitory.

Charizard@PBerry
Flamethrower
Fissure
Toxic
Sandstorm

I wanted to use Wing Attack, Toxic, Fire Spin, Dig but I was at too high a level when I traded him from Yellow to learn Wing Attack and too low a level to learn Fire Spin.

The team I went against was Parafusion. It consisted of Poliwrath, Aerodactyl, Lanturn, Missy, Starmie, and Laxitive. Thanks in advance for the rates.

[EDIT] Almost forgot, please don't tell me to use standards. I realize that they work, but they really piss me off, and I don't like to play like that.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Linkin2874 ]

- - - - -
"This is not my life, this is not my home, this is not me, I hate this." This is Not: Static-X

From: Wakarusa, IN USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shaidar Haran
Farting Nudist
Member # 1477

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 10:36 PM      Profile for Shaidar Haran     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stop whinin, I changed one move on my team and a crap pokemon I didnt even need, don't make it sound like you had a chance. I'll try and rate your team. I will also not try to change too many pokemon, but you have to realize somethings have to go.

Sandslash@Pink Bow
Return
E-Quake
Sandstorm
Sand-Attack

I'd suggest Shuckle since he fits the team a little bit better. You've got enough attack with Tyranitar anyways. Maybe:
Shuckle@MintBerry
Sandstorm
Toxic
Wrap
Rest

There's plenty of topics on him if you don't like that one.

Quagsire@Poison Barb
E-Quake
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Amnesia

No comment.

Tyranitar@Mystic Water
Rock Slide
Surf
Fire Blast
Sandstorm

Yes, it's different, but what did you plan on using surf against? The only thing I can think of would be a Ground guy, you should replace it with Earthquake, I know his special isnt HORRIBLY bad, but his attack is his main asset. You aren't really covering any weaknesses with Surf. And Earthquake, trust me, would have helped you.

Forretress@Leftovers
Spikes
DE
Giga Drain
Explosion

Giga Drain... Replace it with Sandstorm and lead with him usually. Also, pay attention better to status effects, when it says you hurt yourself in your confusion that means you didnt use your spikes And don't be bitchin about your predictable explosion not working. Imagine callin me a lucky SOB.

Magneton@Hard Stone
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Rollout
Swagger

Rollout is a VERY bad move for this guy, you're basically saying, bring out an earthquaker, this ones free. I like Substitute on him, works like the standard Jolteon with attract. Thunderbolt is a better move than thunder, but you probably can't get it. Maybe use Raindance. Its a possiblity if you don't like Thunder missing.

Charizard would have been better with the other set, but still doesn't quite have the staying power to pull of much with fire spin and toxic.

I didn't comment on the items. I think you can do that part yourself. But a bitter berry somewhere may have been wise, probably Quagsire since he can't be paralyzed by Thunder Wave already.
Oh and my team didn't have a snorlax it was a Magneton. Which is further proof that I didn't make a team to counter yours, so stop
complaining. You lost to Jeremy's half assed team anyways. Yes I helped him, but he doesn't know squat about pokemon so we should just be grateful that he played it for once.
I hope all that helped. Better luck next time.

- - - - -
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

This is the league that I help run http://pub64.ezboard.com/bparkback Check out the Eternal Abyss for details.

Linkin2874
Farting Nudist
Member # 1501

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 11:26 PM      Profile for Linkin2874   Email Linkin2874   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So who in their right mind uses Surf on Tyranitar anyways? Oh, wait, that's the point! Oh my gosh! I tried to come up with an origonal moveset! That is so interesting! Rollout was on Magneton for a coupla reasons.

-to bring out a ground guy so that I could bring out a guy with a water attack. Wow. Understand?
-to bring out a fire guy. See reason above.
-if you chose not to bring out a ground or fire guy then Magneton ends up KOed after doing decent damage.

Sorry that I mixed up you Magneton with Laxitive. My mistake. We all make them.

BTW, your team is the counter of mine whether you meant it to be or not. I had no chance of beating you to begin with. Especially after you read my previous topic to see exactly what I planned on using. Then you figured out exactly how high my stats could go and the movesets to counter mine. Even if you didn't use them you still knew exactly how to defeat my team. I know I looked at your GameBoy then but you only used two Pokemon on your team.

Leave Jeremy out of this. His team almost beat yours anyway. You must really suck if a half-assed team almost beat your whole-assed team. He does stuff his own way. Not everything has to be what you call the norm. Nobody is the same as anyone else and you should respect that.

- - - - -
"This is not my life, this is not my home, this is not me, I hate this." This is Not: Static-X

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 10:55 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Linkin2874:
Sandslash@Pink Bow
Return
E-Quake
Sandstorm
Sand-Attack
[/B]A good start, although Sand-Attack could be replaced for just about anything... even Mud-Slap deals damage, at least...

Quagsire@Poison Barb
E-Quake
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Amnesia

I have proved, a while back, that using Amnesia on Quagsire is a waste of a slot. It's Special Defense is so low, that you'd need 3 Amnesia in ASAP before a Grass type would be on "Equal" footing as yourself. Replace it with Rest, as Quaggy can survive a long time against non-Grass types. Also, what is Sludge Bomb covering? It takes 3 shots with it to KO any Grass type (I think 4 to a Tangela) so that still doesn't work, and it doesn't cover any other types very well. Stick with Return or Body Slam, there. I also don't like using Surf on this guy without Rain Dance, but if you really want to keep it...

Tyranitar@Mystic Water
Rock Slide
Surf
Fire Blast
Sandstorm

In Crystal, flamethrower over F-Blast. Surf = Yucky, use Earthquake for mass power. You won't be going against many Ground types with his Defense, and if you do, most are Rock, as well, so Earthquake beats them just fine.

Forretress@Leftovers
Spikes
DE
Giga Drain
Explosion

This guy has Crap Special attack. Sandstorm over Giga Drain.

Magneton@Hard Stone
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Rollout
Swagger

As has been said, Rollout Magneton is only good as a beacon to anything with Earthquake, be it Miltank, Snorlax, or Rhydon. Thunder, HP Water, Thunder Wave, and Rain Dance is a good semi-standard moveset for him.

Charizard@PBerry
Flamethrower
Fissure
Toxic
Sandstorm

If you're playing Spikestorm, you NEEEEEEED Skarmory!!!! Shuckle would be STRONGLY recommended, as well. As for this guy itself, no Sandstorm on the Char, as he falls too fast as it is, and Fissure just doesn't work well on him, having no power to survive to use it 3-4 times.

Also, if you use Skarmory, Whirlwind, Sandstorm, Drill Peck, Toxic/Curse is best.
As for Shuckle, it can't really use Wrap that well; Things beat it rather quickly, either way. I like Mint Berry, Rest, Sandstorm, Toxic, Protect better. It can then beat Ho-Oh and a number of other evil pokemon, aside from Starmie.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 05:27 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LanderZ: What happened to that quote of mine in your sig?

"Ah, Explosion. At full stats, Magikarp can take out a Shuckle in just 6 hits." Of course, that's out of context; go read my Underused Pokemon--Read to Find Out thread to see the whole thing.

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
JohtoMaster
Farting Nudist
Member # 1023

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 08:35 PM      Profile for JohtoMaster   Author's Homepage   Email JohtoMaster   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sandslash@Pink Bow
Return
E-Quake
Sandstorm
Sand-Attack

...I do not know about Sand-Attack... there seems to be many other options. It would make sense if Sandslash was your Toxicer. Sand-Attack to induce switches, then Toxic the incoming Poke.

Quagsire@Poison Barb
E-Quake
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Amnesia

Like LanderZRPG said, Amnesia is practically useless on Quagsire. Sludge Bomb is only SE against Pure-Grasses anyway, and it takes quite a few Sludge Bomb's to down them, but only one Grass attack to down him.

Tyranitar@Mystic Water
Rock Slide
Surf
Fire Blast
Sandstorm

Once again, I have to go with LanderZRPG and Shaidar Haran about Surf. Change Fire Blast to Flamethrower. It still downs Skarmory in two hits (except when it hits for min. damage for two turns in a row. Min. dam. is 166, max Hp for Skarmory is 333.)

Forretress@Leftovers
Spikes
DE
Giga Drain
Explosion

Giga Drain is next to worthless on this guy...give hime Toxic or Sandstorm...

Magneton@Hard Stone
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Rollout
Swagger

...Magneton only seems to work with Rain Dance on him, and since this is a SpikeStorm team...that won't work...so...

Charizard@PBerry
Flamethrower
Fissure
Toxic
Sandstorm

On SpikeStorm teams, you usually try to stick to guys who are immune to Sandstorm. Fissure can definetly be replaced. If you are absolutely set against using different Pokes, then try to work on this guy, and Quagsire, the most...

I hope this helped. RMT!

- - - - -
Oh, and it's not "newbies", it's "proles". Nothing wrong with being new to the game if you're not stuck in the working classes. Hey, if we're going to be elitist, may as well go the whole hog and refer to the idiots as a lower social rank... - CatGonk at SoaG

From: Valparaiso, IN, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Linkin2874
Farting Nudist
Member # 1501

Member Rated:
posted 09-04-2001 07:42 PM      Profile for Linkin2874   Email Linkin2874   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
**Bump**

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.