The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Moves for Hypno?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moves for Hypno?
Payback
Farting Nudist
Member # 2029

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2001 11:35 PM      Profile for Payback     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there any valid moveset for Hypno? I was thinking about an anti curse set involving counter. It would go like this:

Hypno
Barrier
Counter
Attract
Psychic

The plan would be to start with attract and pshycic away when they curse to the point that it is dangerous, use barrier. once they attack, counter them for lotsa damage. I don't know if this works because i just thought of it and I cant use GSBot. I'll test it on a link battle soon.

From: Annapolis, MD | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 01:01 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe there's a set going around of-

-Curse
-Tri-Attack
-Shadow Ball
-Rest
@ Leftovers

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 03:53 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it's any help, I think the computer on Stadium 2 has one with these moves...

Swagger
Shadow Ball
Psych Up
????

Swagger to raise enemy attack & confuse them. Then Psych Up to raise your own attack. Then Shadow Ball away...

-MK

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 07:55 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
~Curse
~Rest
~Shadow Ball
~Submission
*Leftovers*

With Hypno's insane Spec. Def, this makes him a psuedo-tank. Curse up, then attack with Shadow Ball and Submission. Is there any Pokemon that resists both of those moves?

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 08:02 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
T-Wave
Attract
Return
Psychic

Meh....

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 08:27 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My set I use is Psychic, TWave, Shadow Ball, Curse/Future Sight. Simple.

~Curse
~Rest
~Shadow Ball
~Submission
*Leftovers*
With Hypno's insane Spec. Def, this makes him a psuedo-tank. Curse up, then attack with Shadow Ball and Submission. Is there any Pokemon that resists both of those moves?

The normal flyers take normal damage from the inaccurate and mediocre Submission, and no damage from Shadow Ball.

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 08:58 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cmsnrub25:
~Curse
~Rest
~Shadow Ball
~Submission
*Leftovers*

No there isn't, which is the reason this is the same move-set my fun team Hypno uses...

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Mr.E ]

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
sl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1940

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2001 09:20 PM      Profile for sl   Author's Homepage   Email sl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.E:

No there isn't, which is the reason this is the same move-set my fun team Hypno uses...

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Mr.E ]

then again, there is nothing weak to the ground/rock combo... unless they like made a grass/fighting or grass/ground...

- - - - -
um... whatever.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 03:35 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, that seems like a cool Hypno . I have a Shiny Drowzee I actually caught in the wild (only Shiny ever found in wild except for Gyarados) but, I think I'd rather breed a Drowzee cause I could get one with at least a Defense of 15... *MK considers making this Hypno*

-MK

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 03:52 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hypno is really bizarre....rather low attk/sp attk, so give it psychic and submission, t-wave for simply being good, and perhaps counter, to take advantage of low defense. You want to change submission for rest if you use ocunter, thus:

+leftovers
psychic
t-wave
counter
rest/submission

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.