The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » team constructing guide - part1

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: team constructing guide - part1
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2001 05:53 AM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, I have decided to try to make a guide that will help people in selecting a decent, battle-worthy team, without having to pick and mix standards etc.

This is primarily for new people, though anyone can read it. Hope it helps. Here goes.

IMO, the most important team member is the starter. But choosing him/her/it is very complicated, so I will go on to the easy parts of selecting one of the middle team members.

POINT 1 - an electric!

When playing for the first time on gsbot, getting whacked around with lots of super effectives DOES hurt. Thus, we must concentrate on having few weaknesses, considerably less than what we are super effective vs.

An electric type really is lovely. Not only is there the aesthetic value, I love the colour yellow, but only one weakness - ground. Quake used to be very popular, but now powerful sweepers like snorlax/tyran are dropping it for fireblast/'thrower to deal with skarmos. This gives electrics more of a free reign! Also, super effective against two types - water and flying. Water pokes, well it is very rare not to see one per team, and flyers are coming back into fashion as powerful creatures vs champ, especially the brilliant dodrio. This gives a good scope.

There is a temptation to just give, say, t-bolt to tyran/drago/gengar, but a stabbed one IMO is way better.

As for decent leckos, you have a fine choice. Amphy has great special attack, and ability to learn fire punch, a good combo. Jolty is perhaps the most popular, very fast with a great special attack. Raikou, is you need a legendary, has great stats and ability to learn crunch. As for the rest, good ones include electabuzz, with ice punch, and magneton. Although it isn't wholely lecko, it still has a great special attack and a complete immunity to attract! I think this is the last one, but don't forget 'trode, FASTEST, and can EXPLODE hehehe. One of the best things about them is that most can learn thunderwave - easily one of the best moves in the game!

Now you have a decent charged-one, you have one weakness, to ground (bar magno), and two s.e. s, to water and flying. As for the problems with no affecting grounds, they mostly have quake so don't worry. What we have is an advantage of 2 - 1 in s.es s/weaks. At best, try to keep this ratio. We will see how this is made easier by such pokes like sweepers, later on!

Anyway, I'll continue this guide, feel free to give feedback/your own input !

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.