The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Sweeper ZZAPPy And Magy!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sweeper ZZAPPy And Magy!
Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-20-2001 08:22 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, magneton nd zappy have great offensive capabilities, so why wouldnt this set work:

zappy/maggy
-------------------
rain dance
thunder
water hp
drill peck/ protect

well, since they sweep, i dont thhink that twave ins needed, protec on maggy to defend aginst equake, i like zappy better caue it can counter most any type, and it does serious damage:

180 damage from thunder
120 damage from drill peck
105 damage form the raindance boosted HP

and wht about having eggy in a raindance too? heres why:

eggy is weak to fire, ice, flying, bug, poison, and dark

well, w/ aindance, fire isnt as much of a threat, he can take ice beamers because most of them are usually water types, and he can hold his own against a Ttar, and since his defense is high, he can survive a drill peck attac
any of this ranting soond logical??

IP: Logged
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 08:46 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

well, w/ aindance, fire isnt as much of a threat, he can take ice beamers because most of them are
usually water types, and he can hold his own against a Ttar, and since his defense is high, he can
survive a drill peck attac

One Megahorn will end Eggy,as Eggy is QUAD WEAK TO BUG ATTACKS. Get your facts straight.

- - - - -
"You forgot the part where Pikachu faints Rhydon with Thundershock..." - White Cat

"I don't care if you're lost. You show up here,you're nothing but a victim!" - Rocket Grunt under Goldenrod City

"That's what Hypnosis does; it fails horribly." - Uiru

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-20-2001 09:18 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What good is Protect on Magneton for protecting against Earthquakes??

Here:
Magneton used Protect
Marowak (or whatever Ground type) used Earthquake. Earthquake failed!!

Here's the problem. What will Magneton use next, another Protect? No good, it's accuracy will get lower and lower each time.
Water HP? Then why not use that in the first place instead of Protect, cause Wak would still Earthquake on the next turn. Which makes the whole Protect thing on Magneton a moot point because it serves no purpose but to waste PP. And you said yourself that Magneton was meant to be a sweeper, NOT a staller!!

Now if Protect was to be used against some other Ground type w/o EQ (and I don't think there is any, maybe Slash but that's about it) or some other type of poke, then it might serve a purpose. I still think that you should leave Electric sweeping to Zapdos and if you want to use Magneton as a sweeper, make sure you have gotten rid of all Fires, 'Champs, and especially Grounds. Other than those 3 and Water, it is resistant to everything else!!! So use him towards the end of your team's life (as opposed to the beginning like most Electrics.

And that stuff about Eggy? All of Magneton's attacks are resistant to Eggy. You'd be better off just attacking the thing, though, cause most of Eggy's attacks are resisted by Magneton too, especially a Rain Danced Solar Beam. And I haven't seen too many Eggy's w/ Sunny Day (maybe it's just me though). 3 Rain Danced Thunders should take Eggy down; compared to an Explosion from Eggy that would only do about 1/3 total damage to Magneton.

<EDIT>:: cleaned up the wording to make it more "reader-friendly" (i.e. I took out a lot of flames!!)

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: Turbo X ]

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 09:24 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm interested at what point his facts became incorrect, Gloomboy.
Shenny never stated the Egglord could take bug attacks and in fact, barely even mentioned them - Probably because he was trying to emphasize the strength of a Pokemon instead of merely putting it down.

Although I don't agree with his unorthodox speech methods, I at least respect the fact that he is trying to inovate in this relatively stagnant environment. On the other hand, I look down on basing movesets entirely around HPs.

Gloomboy, next time, perhaps you might want to contribute to an idea instead of merely jerking off in the face of the person putting it forward.
Shenlong, the set might work, it all depends on your local game - It would fail badly on GSBot because of the rampant 'sharked' Marowaks, I would also contend it being able to 'hold its own against a Ttar' since a bog standard noobie edition Ttar sports a healthy Crunch which will surely make mincemeat out of Eggy's Special Defense, Ice attackers slip in there as well - Eggy would really need a Light Screen up.

[Edit]Ugh, I said "metagame"

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: Mu ]

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-20-2001 10:54 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
at least someoe doesnt hate me for the topics ive made, anime chicks and grass pokemon beingg screwed, which makes me wonder why ive been called a retard, despite the fact that those posts are very bigg
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 01:50 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UD you are a retard...

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-20-2001 03:21 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who are you? How did you know I am Uncle Dragonite? Are you from Poke-Gym? Or are you that pokemaster guy?
Bartlebee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1778

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 03:27 PM      Profile for Bartlebee   Email Bartlebee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shenlong19:
at least someoe doesnt hate me for the topics ive made, anime chicks and grass pokemon beingg screwed, which makes me wonder why ive been called a retard, despite the fact that those posts are very bigg

Those posts may be very "bigg," but your wang is still small. And the fact that you are a fucking retard may need to be taken into account.

- - - - -
[Wang deleted due to absurd length.]

From: Your mom's ass | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-20-2001 03:58 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hm.. retard? look whos talking. I find it hard to believe that someone would actually comment on a post where i kept glorifing myself. I am not stupid, I was being sarcastic because i used too many bumps, thats why people got pissed at me. I THINK you need to go and become a better reader, if you had any sense, you'd relaize the spamming nature of that post, which is to further excentuate my "retardation", or the hatred I have recieved and the reason for it

And why the hell did you cuss? i didnt do anything to you, so why? Does it make you feel like a big man? You can curse out n00bs? BRAVISIMO!! Now, why dont you curse out cat-gonk, meowth, or white cat you coward. We were all newbies at one time, and i think you should be a bit more considerate, 'tard

EDIT: Flixed ellsping

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: Shenlong19 ]

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-20-2001 04:12 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*DING DING!! End of Round 1*

OK, let's save the bashing for down in Karp and get back to the original topic, ok? Newbs might actually read this topic and think that Azure flames every single person. So save the flames for where they belong, and where it doesn't matter.

Thanks for your time

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 05:57 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Indeed.

This is a nice idea, although I, like MK, feel that HPs shouldn't have entire sets based off them. They are much too weak for me, unless the monster has nothing else to help it's weaknesses. Even then I hesitate to use one.

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 07:31 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Zerot.

Hidden Powers can work under some conditions. Like, if the Pokémon you are using has a high special attack, then, you CAN teach it a hidden power that is a special type.

My point is, don't put a Bug Hidden Power on Umbreon because Umbreon has pathetic attack power.

Hidden Power should really be used to cover a weakness on a Pokémon that

A: Can't learn any other move to cover it's weakness.
B: Has a really good attack/special atk stat.

-MK

P.S. I think the moveset that you posted could work, assuming that the Water Hidden Power got a boost due to the Rain. Thunder's accuracy would be increased, and, in the case of Magneton, would reduce the power of fire attacks used against it. And, the water would then be used against fire types themselves...

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 09:42 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyranitar 0wnz Exeggutor with Crunch. And anything that gets STAB on Ice Beam 0wnz it as well. Suicune also has the defences to take it out. 60 power is really crap.

However, cute little Celebi, the darling of the Grass element, can whup Tyranitar and Suicune with Giga Drain. It needs to be at high Health, though.
~Uiru loves Celebi, in case you haven't noticed

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 11:58 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd make some insult here, but it's late, and I'll just point out that this topic is in the wrong forum. (To future readers: This started in the Lab).

Thank you.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 04:57 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As if research and gameplay topics being posted in the team/moveset rating forums weren't bad enough, now we've got ratings posted in the research forum!

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 09:58 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MK, I love how you're taking credit for my comment, please keep it up.

White Cat, I know you love me like a son you never had, so maybe you might take this piece of advice - Make a "How to post" FAQ somewhere and force people to read it when they sign up.

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-21-2001 11:49 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That FAQ thing could be a good idea. But then you'd have people who read it, understand it, and then purposely post things in the wrong topic.
Nice thought though, Mu.

- - - - -

Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-21-2001 12:38 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boy another flame war
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 01:35 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think people try too hard...

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2001 12:11 AM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, here's the deal.

Magneton - MiracleBerry
ThunderWave
ThunderBolt
Swagger
Reflect

This is my current set for Magneton. Parafusion, blah. Still can't survive more than 1 Earthquakes, but meh.

I believe the thought behind using Protect, is to see if the opponent is using Earthquake(against, say, a Blastoise and such, you don't know they are going to use it.)

Also, I'm liking this set:

Magneton - MiracleBerry
Rain Dance
Thunder
ThunderWave
Reflect

First turn, use Rain Dance. Most likely, a ground/rock types coming out, so you'll have a rain dance boost to help you out. Swich to Water type. If the don't you'll have 99.6% Thunder. w00.

Also, Ice/Water power is a possibility.

- - - - -
lol pokemon

N-Man
Farting Nudist
Member # 733

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2001 05:53 AM      Profile for N-Man   Author's Homepage   Email N-Man   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, he is a retard! I banned him three times from Pokémon Daily already!
From: Rotterdam, Holland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-26-2001 08:35 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I needed a good forum to spam. Pokedaily was ideal, not as useful as Azure, Smaller Than BMG, and not sentimental like PG, so i did.
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2001 04:05 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gloomboy:
One Megahorn will end Eggy,as Eggy is QUAD WEAK TO BUG ATTACKS. Get your facts straight.

Erm... Exeggutor has killer Defence, so it's not likely to OHKO. Perhaps leave it within an inch of it's life.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-31-2001 05:27 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
not to mention if he puts a reflect up, and eggys psychic against heracross.....
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 08:43 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Erm... Exeggutor has killer Defence, so it's not likely to OHKO. Perhaps leave it within an inch of it's life.

The damage range is 171-202%.

Exeggutor's Defense is only slightly above average.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 08-31-2001 09:07 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
but if he puts a reflect up, he might survive, right?

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: Shenlong19 ]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.