The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Rate my Team! (need help on final slot)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rate my Team! (need help on final slot)
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 08-22-2001 07:48 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolteon (Miracleberry)
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Attract
-Substitute

*It's a SHE!

Politoed (Quick Claw)
-Earthquake
-Haze
-Ice Beam
-Surf

*original pokemon and a hazer, i like it...

Arcanine (Leftovers)
-Hidden Power (Ground)
-ExtremeSpeed
-Flamethrower
-Sunny Day

Nidoking (Leftovers)
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Espeon (Scope Lens)
-Psychic
-Morning Sun
-Bite
-Reflect

i was told on GSbot that Charm does NOT count Critical Hits....so if a Snorlax got a Critical Hit with Double Edge it would do massive Damage to Espeon....Reflect however DOES count Critical Hits, so it may have a chance to survive Critical Hits....i also Pseudo-pass it whenever i need to....

now...for the last slot

i can use either a: SNORLAX, BLISSEY, MACHAMP, MISDREAVUS, or MILTANK...

which should it be and with what moveset?

thank you guys!

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heracross20
Farting Nudist
Member # 2133

Member Rated:
posted 08-23-2001 07:37 AM      Profile for Heracross20   Author's Homepage   Email Heracross20   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, nidoking, I guess ur team will be my first rate.

Jolteon: Yes, this set is great, and with people ripping teams up with it a lot lately, I've seen an uprising of more jolteon starters. The only problem is the fact that now ground pokemon seem to be coming back into play, and female ones at that. U might try hp ice, sub/reflect, thunder wave, thunderbolt. I suggest sub over reflect, because u need to protect the thing's speed.

Politoed: The great green guy! Well, I really don't have a complaint about the set, because it has type coverage. And since it's ur hazer, u need that. I guess quick claw will help it's speed.

Arcanine: I've always been able to tell that u liked this guy . people have told me that fire pokemon are useless, but I have to disagree, they are in most times, very annoying. I don't have any complaints about the set besides HP Ground. Why not try HP Rock, for flyers. Extremespeed is iffy, but will come in handy against blisseys.

Nidoking: No complaints, with the type coverage it has, it makes it hard for the opponent to take the thing out.

Espeon: I'm kinda iffy about the whole bite thing. In gsbot against a starmie, starmie surf's, u bite, u both got eachother down to 55% health. Guess who's going to die, espeon. Then u switch out, and starmie recovers. and lately, I've been wondering if attract would help the thing...u might try it out and tell me the results.

As for the last guy, u need another physical attacker. Use either curselax, or miltank for heal bell. Use these sets:

Miltank
Body Slam
Shadow Ball
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
@Leftovers

In most cases, u will see a bunch of missy dee's switched in against tank, because they expect that it only has normal moves. So, u shadow ball, bring it down to 30% health, then destroy it on the next hit. It also helps with the psychic problem. U want to try and not have ur spc. def lowered, so the faster u take the psychic out, the better.

Curselax
Curse
Rest
Double-Edge
FireBlast/Earthquake
@Mint Berry

Yea, curselax is great, except when he's paralyzed...the set is really self explainitory.

- - - - -
*some stupid but funny quote* ;)

From: try to find me *runz* | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 08-23-2001 07:09 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thanks H20, however i noticed you posted Curselax....it's um...how can i say this....not very useful IMHO...because all of the people on GSbot and all my friends can counter it too easily....THIS is a good snorlax

Snorlax (Leftovers)
-Double-Edge
-Fire Blast
-Selfdestruct
-Rest

and hmmmmmm....i don't really have a PSYCHIC weakness...i'm more of a ground weakness...like Marowak.....what do you think about an Exeggutor?

Exeggutor (Quick Claw)
-Psychic
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Explosion

that could clear up some Curselax problems and help me out a bit with my Wak problem....

gracias

- - - - -

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 08-23-2001 10:47 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolteon (Miracleberry)
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Attract
-Substitute
*It's a SHE!

Standard, I like!

Politoed (Quick Claw)
-Earthquake
-Haze
-Ice Beam
-Surf
*original pokemon and a hazer, i like it...

Politoed rox0rz! A Hazer...hmm. If you don't mind losing Haze: Swagger, Attract, Rest, Surf, @-Mint Berry? But that would leave you without a status deleter...so if you don't switch anything else around, it looks ok. I need to learn more bout Toed.

Arcanine (Leftovers)
-Hidden Power (Ground)
-ExtremeSpeed
-Flamethrower
-Sunny Day

Fire Blast over Flamethrower if you need the power. I never found HP ground on an Arcanine to be very useful. He can learn Crunch, so keep that in mind. If you don't want Crunch though, I suppose HP ground would work. Give it a Pink Bow to help power up the Extreme Speed maybe.

Nidoking (Leftovers)
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

No, no, no young grasshopper. Your set could work as a sweeper, but not for main battle. I'm not sure, but maybe: Sandstorm, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Surf/Giga Drain? Keep Leftovers though.

Espeon (Scope Lens)
-Psychic
-Morning Sun
-Bite
-Reflect

i was told on GSbot that Charm does NOT count Critical Hits....so if a Snorlax got a Critical Hit with Double Edge it would do massive Damage to Espeon....Reflect however DOES count Critical Hits, so it may have a chance to survive Critical Hits....i also Pseudo-pass it whenever i need to....

It should work.

now...for the last slot

i can use either a: SNORLAX, BLISSEY, MACHAMP, MISDREAVUS, or MILTANK...

which should it be and with what moveset?

If you must limit yourself to just those... Try Blissey. Give it Curse, Thunder Wave, Softboiled, Present, @-Miracle Berry. Give it a shot, it could work (plus I've heard Present is glitched in GSbot, heh heh heh, 120 base damage ain't bad with this)!

I'm a little uncomfortable with some of the all out offense strategy, but if it works for you, go right ahead!

thank you guys!

You're welcomz0rz!

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Mewone ]

From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-24-2001 05:26 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can tell you this straight up, there's no place for Arcanine and Nidoking on GSbot. I know they're your favourites but that doesn't mean you should keep them, hell, you don't see me packing Oddish and Beedrill on GSbot, do you?

I don't like that Politoed. Original, yes; effective, no. If it could have some decent support moves other than Haze I'd consider it, maybe Attract, Haze, Hypnosis and Surf?

Considering that I've just asked you to rip out a third of your team I'm not sure what I can say in terms of overall improvements (though you need stuff that's not susceptible to physical, and a fair bit of it)..but I can handle that reply to Heracross:

That Snorlax: No. Unprotected Rest is stupid. Take Mint Berry over Leftovers (it's a one-shot weapon anyway), or give it Counter instead.

Egger: I suppose I can see why people bring them onto GSbot due to the complete abscence of special attacks, even with Prole Power Marowak and ++Prole Scizor around.

Take both these guys if you want, but I'd stick either a Scizor or Skarmory in the last spot (or at least some Curse user) just to make this team GSbot capable if for no other reason

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Heracross20
Farting Nudist
Member # 2133

Member Rated:
posted 08-24-2001 07:21 AM      Profile for Heracross20   Author's Homepage   Email Heracross20   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have one question. Why the hell would u put curse on blissey? Even at max stats, here attack and defense are only around 300. A normal curser eats that. There are too many psuedo hazers and exploders going around gsbot these days, that blissey's are becoming less useful.

- - - - -

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-24-2001 01:07 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blissey after 6 Curses will have Attack and Defense ratings somewhere in the range of 880.

IMHO, that's a damn good score.

Plus, unless you Haze/Roar/Whirlwind it, a Pokemon with near-900 Def, 368 Spec. Def, and 700+ HP sounds like a tank to me. Granted, it's hard to set up, but can do well against a lot of Pokemon.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heracross20
Farting Nudist
Member # 2133

Member Rated:
posted 08-24-2001 05:52 PM      Profile for Heracross20   Author's Homepage   Email Heracross20   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yea, too bad pseudo hazing is starting to become more popular. I've even met up with a few teams that are bent on making u switch after spikes have been layed :\

- - - - -

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 08-25-2001 12:15 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yup that's right...

ian suggested i use a Curse/Double Edge/Present/Softboiled Blissey....

that could work...max curse, the thing is a MANIAC!

and thanks catgonk

i changed my team, and i'll post it once i get back from football camp....

- - - - -

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

Heracross20
Farting Nudist
Member # 2133

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2001 05:39 PM      Profile for Heracross20   Author's Homepage   Email Heracross20   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
do i really have to say it again? people realize that blissey is either going to have curse, or minimize, so they are going to switch in some kind of hazer against it. But, if u are able to set it up, it would own. Yes it would. Although, I can see a bunch of curselax being switched in against it.

- - - - -

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 08-30-2001 01:19 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
H20, tell ET that, not me...he suggested the Curse Blissey...

- - - - -

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 08:40 AM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IIRC, the max Def. and Att. for a Blissey at full Curse is... I believe 472 for each. Not that much.

Yeah, I guess a fully Curse'd Blissey would be quite powerful, but it takes forever to set up, and if a Dragonite enters the scene, you're in trouble (Dragonite can just Haze, then Wing Attack away. I believe Blissey takes about 200 damage from EACH Wing Attack. Rinse, lather, and repeat) Watch out for those- they're quite popular.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.